IVF in june/july 2012

Well it has been one rough week...I feel like I say this every week unfortunately. I. Had my egg retrieval last Tuesday and it went well. They retrieved 13 follies and out of that 11 matured. Unfortunately I have developed ohss (ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome). It is extremely painful. I have been back in the hospital. They were concerned about ovarian torsion but thankfully my ovary was ok...just huge. The one was the size of a huge grapefruit! I have a Lot of fluid in my abdomen and uterus which may still need to be drained. They cancelled my transfer which I expected. They were hoping to freeze 5 or 6 embryos last night. I have been taking pain Meds every 4 hours. It. Is difficult to breathe and I am so bloated it is hard to move. We are really hoping the worst is over and I can get better soon so we can try frozen embryo transfer next month.
I have been thinking about you ladies and wondering how you have been...I have some catching up to do.

GNCope - I'm so sorry for what you're going through! Hope you feel better very soon and can be on your way to that FET cycle!

NewbieMum - hang in there, its still early!

AFM, I think I may be out. I tested again this morning and my faint second line has become even more faint. Beta is tomorrow. Praying for the best but preparing for the alternative.

Well it has been one rough week...I feel like I say this every week unfortunately. I. Had my egg retrieval last Tuesday and it went well. They retrieved 13 follies and out of that 11 matured. Unfortunately I have developed ohss (ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome). It is extremely painful. I have been back in the hospital. They were concerned about ovarian torsion but thankfully my ovary was ok...just huge. The one was the size of a huge grapefruit! I have a Lot of fluid in my abdomen and uterus which may still need to be drained. They cancelled my transfer which I expected. They were hoping to freeze 5 or 6 embryos last night. I have been taking pain Meds every 4 hours. It. Is difficult to breathe and I am so bloated it is hard to move. We are really hoping the worst is over and I can get better soon so we can try frozen embryo transfer next month.
I have been thinking about you ladies and wondering how you have been...I have some catching up to do.

So sorry... that is just awful. Hope you get some relief soon and that fet goes well

Gncope, I'm so sorry you are feeling bad and have to wait for FET. I hope you feel better soon.

Afm, had my retrieval this morning. It went well, they got 15 eggs and will call tomorrow to tell how many fertilized. Still feeling quite sore so just going to lay low again tomorrow.

GNCope, I'm so sorry :( How are you feeling today - are the pain meds helping at all? Fingers crossed for a speedy recover so you can go on to FET as soon as possible!! xx

L4Hope - good luck for tomorrow, I hope the pain subsides today.

Good luck to everyone who's having their beta soon :)

AFM - I did my trigger shot last night, so today's the first injection free day in 18 days! I've been incredibly bloated with sore boobs, and have been struggling with a tight chest over the past few days so I think I might be getting a bit sick :( It's usually worse when I lie on my back but a puff or two on my asthma pump and I feel loads better. Have had really bad heartburn too, although that's probably the side effect of 3 (yes, 3!) BBQ's this weekend. Going in for ER tomorrow morning. Really nervous. I know I should be feeling excited so I'm trying to stay positive but I'm feeling really nervous that something's going to go wrong. I keep saying to myself that I've been responding well, and that OFU know what they're doing but I can't seem to shake the nerves. How did you all deal with those nerves and feelings of anxiety???

xx

gncope, hope you feel better soon!! Atleast they have a good # of follies!!

Hoping4baby2, good luck today!

L4hope, good #'s and good luck with the report today!!

mrsmoose, hope you feel better soon! You gotta stay positive!! ER doesnt last very long, you;ll be done in no time!! I'm sure everything will be ok!! Good luck!! It's normal to be nerveous and feel some anxiety but just tell yourself it'll all be worth in the end!! POSITIVE, POSITIVE, POSITIVE!! gl

AFM - Went for beta this morning, just waiting for the results!!!!!! OMG!!!

Good luck with your beta Roxanne!

Mrsmoose it's normal to worry after everything we've gone through to get to this point. But I say be more excited than nervous. ER is so quick and easy, plus you sleep through it all. Once your done, then hubby gets to wait on you hand and foot!! Good luck!

Thanks ladies :) Going to have a little nap this afternoon so I can feel a bit refreshed. The nerves (and drugs) have kept me up at night so hoping a little afternoon snooze will help me feel better and more positive.

Roxane - do you have your results yet????

Carmen. xx

Thanks ladies :) Going to have a little nap this afternoon so I can feel a bit refreshed. The nerves (and drugs) have kept me up at night so hoping a little afternoon snooze will help me feel better and more positive.

Roxane - do you have your results yet????

Carmen. xx

No, i'm still waiting!!! Getting sooo nervous!!! I tested and it was a clear positive and still have my intense symptomes so I don't know why I'm freaking out!! But I am!!! I just want them to call me!!!!

I got my results back!! 82.4!!! Isnt that a little low? I'm 18 dpo!!
I go back Thursday! This is going to be a lonnnngg week!!

They weren't gonna tell me the # all they said is we have good news, congratulations!! So then I asked the #... I shouldnt have asked!!! Now I'm very scared!

So I am so excited! We had 3 that made it to freeze. I'm so hoping this one sticks but this gives us a little breathing room! What a relief! Now just gotta get to the eighth. It's going be the longest ten days ever!

Congrats roxann. I'm sure everything will be great! As long as you are over fifty from what I read you are in good shape

GNCope - I'm so sorry for what you're going through! Hope you feel better very soon and can be on your way to that FET cycle!

AFM, I think I may be out. I tested again this morning and my faint second line has become even more faint. Beta is tomorrow. Praying for the best but preparing for the alternative.

Have you had your beta yet, hoping?

Hi! Thanks for checking on me. Had my beta done at 8 AM and Doc still hasn't called!!! And while I know it is bad news, HPT 2nd line was pretty much gone entirely :cry:, I just want to KNOW. To hear the words. Is that crazy? It's after 3:00 my time and I just know he is going to call right as I'm picking up my son from camp. I've been trying to keep my emotions in check around him these past few days. It's really, really hard. My heart literally hurts.

This waiting just feels so cruel.

Hi! Thanks for checking on me. Had my beta done at 8 AM and Doc still hasn't called!!! And while I know it is bad news, HPT 2nd line was pretty much gone entirely :cry:, I just want to KNOW. To hear the words. Is that crazy? It's after 3:00 my time and I just know he is going to call right as I'm picking up my son from camp. I've been trying to keep my emotions in check around him these past few days. It's really, really hard. My heart literally hurts.

This waiting just feels so cruel.

I know, they should really take in consideration that this is a very long journey and already painful has it is, they shouldnt make anybody wait that long!!

I'm feeling.. I dunno how to feel!! I wanna test again, but it'll be just like the first time, I'm scared to test and see a fainter line or no lines at all!! This is burtal!!! I feel your pain!! Hope you feel better when they will call!! GL xo

Roxane - I think that's still good! If they weren't concerned then I don't think you should be either :) That's really great news.

Hoping4Baby2 - that's not crazy at all. You want something definite so you can come to terms with it, whichever way it goes. Are you sure your urine isn't more diluted than the first time you took the test? It is such a cruel waiting game :( I'm so sorry you're so stressed out and worried and anxious. *big hug*

AFM - still have massive heartburn but thoughtful DH came home with both peppermint flavour as well as strawberry flavour gaviscon as he wasn't sure which one I would like more. That's why I love him :) Have taken tomorrow as a sick day at work - hate feeling like that but wasn't sure what other option to take....starting to get excited about tomorrow now.

Anyway ladies, have a good evening. Sending hugs to you all. For those who are feeling a little low, sending some positive thoughts and white light your way to feel better and stronger.

Carmen. x

Hey ladies! Congrats on the BFP Roxanne! I hear the number doesnt matter as much as if it is doubling. Praying it doubles or even triples so you can relax some...I say that, but just being in your position, its hard to relax!!!

Hoping- Fingers crossed for you that you get a good beta and big hugs if not. I hope you find out soon either way so you dont have to sit in suspense. Big prayers your way!

afm- I had another us today at 7w5d and baby measured 7w4d with a heartrate of 171. They said everything looks wonderful and it was so nice to see out baby which actually looks more like a little gummy bear and less like a blob.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly