IVF in june/july 2012

GNCope - I'm so sorry for what you're going through! Hope you feel better very soon and can be on your way to that FET cycle!

NewbieMum - hang in there, its still early!

AFM, I think I may be out. I tested again this morning and my faint second line has become even more faint. Beta is tomorrow. Praying for the best but preparing for the alternative.

Have you had your beta yet, hoping?

Hi! Thanks for checking on me. Had my beta done at 8 AM and Doc still hasn't called!!! And while I know it is bad news, HPT 2nd line was pretty much gone entirely :cry:, I just want to KNOW. To hear the words. Is that crazy? It's after 3:00 my time and I just know he is going to call right as I'm picking up my son from camp. I've been trying to keep my emotions in check around him these past few days. It's really, really hard. My heart literally hurts.

This waiting just feels so cruel.

My God do I know how you feel!! When my first ivf was a failure, I just knew it from the hpts. On the morning of my beta, I took an hpt and bfn. I spent the day in bed crying waiting for the clinic to call me. Then, my son's school phoned and he was sick so i had to go and pick him up. So guess when the clinic called? When I was on my way to pick him up of course. It was so hard to put my tears away long enough to speak to his teacher and take him home!! I'm not expecting anything better this time around either. You are in my thoughts and prayers....sending you big hugs :hugs:

mstx- congrats.. that is the downside to doing mine all transabd.. they stay "blobby" longer. holding out til weds (9wks) to scan again at work and get the tech to take a pic (i can scan but i dont really know how to take a pic... )

Thank you! They did it abdominally at first and it was much harder to see an they couldn't get clear margins to measure so we did it vaginally...it made such a big difference!

Hi ladies. Thank you for your support. I went to dr today and they ended up sending me to surgical center to get fluid tapped. That was excruciating! I was wide awake. I think the numbing was the worst part. I did feel some relief as the fluid was being drained. They did as much as they could but unfortunately they may need to do it again once things settle. My lungs are pretty raspy. I am hoping the worst is over.
Good luck tomorrow Carmen!
Thinking about all you ladies. Sending lots of baby dust!

Gncope, that sounds so painful :( are they monitoring you now? Glad there was some relief though, that's got to help you at least?

MrsTX, that's one awesome scan picture :) you must be so chuffed. Suppose it really brings it home to you doesn't it? Such great news!

AFM - just got back home after ER. They got 17 eggs!! My poor little ovaries really worked their magic :) procedure was really quick, about 15 minutes. Not in any pain, just slight discomfort when I sneeze. Hubby has been incredibly supportive and loving, although he did have a good laugh at my trying to say anaesthesiologist when I woke up. Apparently it sounded like sleazy biologist! The staff at the unit are just so nice. Will hear tomorrow if it's day 3 or day 5. Hubby's little swimmers apparently improved from last time (all the zinc he's been taking) so no ICSI will be used.

Ok ladies I'm off to have a little snooze. Have a great day and speak later.

Carmen. Xx

Gncope, that sounds so painful :( are they monitoring you now? Glad there was some relief though, that's got to help you at least?

MrsTX, that's one awesome scan picture :) you must be so chuffed. Suppose it really brings it home to you doesn't it? Such great news!

AFM - just got back home after ER. They got 17 eggs!! My poor little ovaries really worked their magic :) procedure was really quick, about 15 minutes. Not in any pain, just slight discomfort when I sneeze. Hubby has been incredibly supportive and loving, although he did have a good laugh at my trying to say anaesthesiologist when I woke up. Apparently it sounded like sleazy biologist! The staff at the unit are just so nice. Will hear tomorrow if it's day 3 or day 5. Hubby's little swimmers apparently improved from last time (all the zinc he's been taking) so no ICSI will be used.

Ok ladies I'm off to have a little snooze. Have a great day and speak later.

Carmen. Xx

Great number!! Now take it easy and relax!!

AFM- I will test tomorrow morning, I took a day off tomorrow because this is not looking so good. yesterday my beta was at 82.4 and since yesterday afternoonish, my symptomes have been fading away!! :cry: Had a good cry with DH last night! He's saying he thinks we still have positive news coming thursday but I have a hard time staying positive. I've been soooo positive all along but now, it's just very hard!! I'm mentally exhausted!! :cry:

gncope- So sorry about the OHSS. I hear its super painful! I was in a good amount of pain without it so I can only imagine how you are feeling. I hope it all gets better soon and you dont have to have the drain done again.

MrsMoose- 17 is a great number! I can't wait to hear your report. Make sure and get some rest and get plenty of sodium and protein!

roxane- Don't count yourself out yet. My symptoms come and go also. When I first found out I had extremely sore boobs but now they hardly bother me at all, they are just noticeably bigger. Some days I will have light cramping on and off and but it has gone down to about once a week. Other days I feel nothing at all. I also have ms but not always, it comes and goes as well. There are alot of ladies whos symptoms do the same. Im praying for you and that things go well at your next appt. Good luck!

Gncope you have really been through it! I hope it gets better from here. I'm with mstx, I felt so bloated and crampy after I can't imagine how you felt. :hugs:

Roxanne keeping fingers crossed you get good news and your numbers double

Mrsmoose, congrats on 18 eggs!!

Afm, I had ER on Sunday. They retrieved 15 eggs, 9 were mature. They just told me today I have 7embryos and will be doing a 5day transfer on Friday! Feeling so relieved and excited!

L4Hope that's awesome news!!!! Fingers crossed and best of lunch :) you must be so excited!!! ;)

Roxane - I'm with the other ladies too. Don't count yourself out yet. Your body is doing loads of things at the moment. I know it's nail bitingly difficult but try hang in there and wait to hear from doc before stressing yourself out too much!

I've literally slept the entire afternoon, it's been great. My cat knows something's up as she won't leave me alone and keeps wanting to sleep on my very bloated tummy! Think she's a bit miffed I keep pushing her off haha. I'm back at work tomorrow as I've got loads to do but hopefully taking it easy :) look after yourselves girls and speak later.

Carmen. Xx

Carmen yes, every step closer makes me feel a little better and more excited!

Animals are the best! I have two dogs and they were so good with me. I think they can sense these things. Cats though can be a little more sassy, so your kitty is probably miffed for not getting what she wants! Lol!! Take it easy at work tomorrow, hopefully youll be able to sit a lot. Let us know how you make out tomorrow!

Just wanted to pop in really quick to let you all know that I am thinking about you! :hugs:

Prayers and blessings,
~Angie

Ok just a quick point out that I meant best of luck and not best of lunch haha ;) sleep well girls. Xx

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to check in and give a quick AFM update. I ended up developing severe OHSS on Sunday and spent all day every day last week in the clinic. I had to get the fluid removed twice. The first time they took out 2 liters and the second time they took out 3 liters. The whole experience was pretty awful but it looks like I'm starting to get past it.
On the flip side, it looks like the OHSS was a reaction to my newly rising HCG- I got my first ever BFP after 3+ years and 2 failed IVF cycles! My doc was concerned about it doubling correctly but after 3 betas it looks like things are on the right track! I didn't allow myself to get excited about it until I finally heard the doc say that things are looking good. Then I started sobbing so much that I had to hand the phone over to DH. Now I'm trying to relax until my first ultrasound in a few weeks.

Roxanne- my first beta was 81. My second beta was a bit low too but it looks like things started to pick up with my third beta. Don't give up hope- there is a wide range for normal betas.

That is awesome news amylou!!!!!:) congratulations!!!!
Hope you feel better!! Now take it easy!!
Thx for the comment, I always like to hear similar stories :)
Im gonna test tomorrow morning and see how my lines are!! Hopefully its still there and dark!! [-o<[-o<

Congrats Amylou. Terrible about the ohss but worth it in end with the positive beta.

I'm about to enter 1ww. My husband and I decided I would not POas as we have seen enough bfns as we have been trying for a year before we figured out my dh's issue so we will anxiously await until next Wednesday.Hope week goes fast!

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to check in and give a quick AFM update. I ended up developing severe OHSS on Sunday and spent all day every day last week in the clinic. I had to get the fluid removed twice. The first time they took out 2 liters and the second time they took out 3 liters. The whole experience was pretty awful but it looks like I'm starting to get past it.
On the flip side, it looks like the OHSS was a reaction to my newly rising HCG- I got my first ever BFP after 3+ years and 2 failed IVF cycles! My doc was concerned about it doubling correctly but after 3 betas it looks like things are on the right track! I didn't allow myself to get excited about it until I finally heard the doc say that things are looking good. Then I started sobbing so much that I had to hand the phone over to DH. Now I'm trying to relax until my first ultrasound in a few weeks.

Roxanne- my first beta was 81. My second beta was a bit low too but it looks like things started to pick up with my third beta. Don't give up hope- there is a wide range for normal betas.

That is wonderful news! Congratulations! :happydance:

Amylou when was ur first beta? When you got 81?

I tested this morning and I still have a positive but the lines are not super dark!! They never were! Im so scared! I dont know what to think!

Amylou that's fab news!!! Sorry about the OHSS but I'm sure it will all be worth it :)

Roxane, you sound really worried hun :( I wish I could say don't worry but I know it's on your mind. I hope that tomorrow brings you some answers. Xx

AFM - got the call today that 14 of my 17 eggs have fertilised naturally :) so happy to hear that!! They've provisionally booked me for a transfer on Fri morning but depends on how the embies are growing as it could be day 5 transfer on Sunday. Still feeling a bit bloated and uncomfortable but not half as uncomfortable as I was yesterday. Have a good evening ladies.

Carmen. Xx

That's a great fertilization report mrs. Moose.i bet you'll be a five day. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->