IVF/IUI March/April Baby Madness!!

Congrats fisher! So, glad all turned out well for you, and your little bean is fine. Spotting can be very scary, so I"m excited for you! On another note, my scan isn't until next Thursday. At this point I'm just ready for it to be Thursday already !

Also, congrats to all of the others that have had their scans! That's always soo exciting! I'm 6w 1d today, and so far so good with me! All of you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Congrats fisher! So, glad all turned out well for you, and your little bean is fine. Spotting can be very scary, so I"m excited for you! On another note, my scan isn't until next Thursday. At this point I'm just ready for it to be Thursday already !

Also, congrats to all of the others that have had their scans! That's always soo exciting! I'm 6w 1d today, and so far so good with me! All of you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Desires that was me LAST week ... I felt like Wednesday would NEVER come! Now I'm wishing away time again as I want the 16th to get here so that I can have my 9 week scan!!!!

Had our 6 week u/s this morning and we saw the heartbeat. Measuring right on target at 114 bpm. It's also our ten year anniversary, so it was the perfect present! Thanks everyone for your support!

On a side note- Just wondering- With my RE, they are having us come in for a lot of u/s which I love and my husband has made it to the two that we have had, but they want another one next week and then every two weeks until 12 weeks I think and he just doesn't think he can continue to take off work for all of these. Just wondering if your partners are making it to all of your appointments? If not, do you just go alone? I really want him to be there, but I know it's hard. I also worry that if something goes wrong, I will be there all alone and that is scary.

K1978 - I was going to go to last weeks ultrasound by myself and chickened out the last minute and asked my DH to join me. I was also worried about something being wrong and being alone..

Had our 6 week u/s this morning and we saw the heartbeat. Measuring right on target at 114 bpm. It's also our ten year anniversary, so it was the perfect present! Thanks everyone for your support!

On a side note- Just wondering- With my RE, they are having us come in for a lot of u/s which I love and my husband has made it to the two that we have had, but they want another one next week and then every two weeks until 12 weeks I think and he just doesn't think he can continue to take off work for all of these. Just wondering if your partners are making it to all of your appointments? If not, do you just go alone? I really want him to be there, but I know it's hard. I also worry that if something goes wrong, I will be there all alone and that is scary.

Happy anniversary! What an awesome day for you :thumbup:

My husband went to a lot of my appts while going through ivf so now it isn't as easy for him to take more time off work. He went to my first ultrasound but not the one this week. I go back on Tuesday and will just go by myself. I do plan to use my iPhone to video it for him. It is scary to not have him there but try to have faith that everything is ok. :hugs:

Congrats on seeing a great heartbeat. Happy Anniversary!

I would be worried going by myself as well but maybe you can have someone else go with you if you are worried. I am sure there will be a few that I will have to go to alone as well. Luckily our RE does very early morning u/s during monitoring hours so it hasn't been a problem but once we go to the regular ob in 2 weeks it will be normal afternoon appointments that I'm sure my dh will not be able to make.

DH came to this scan but he's a teacher and his first day back for the school year is the date of our heartbeat scan :-( I was/am sooooooo disappointed he won't be there to hear the heartbeat for the first time. (And I've totally played out one of those bad news and alone scenarios in my head too :-/ )

Well I will only have 2 before begin released to my OBGYN. DH will come to both of those with me, but he is not allowed into the u/s room with me so I just update him while we wait to see our doctor. Once I am released from the clinic I imagine starting with my 12 week scan I will go to those alone.

Like Husky said you have to just believe that everything will be ok!

At this point I sincerely hope DH has to miss some, I think after the first ones you will be ok.

DH came to this scan but he's a teacher and his first day back for the school year is the date of our heartbeat scan :-( I was/am sooooooo disappointed he won't be there to hear the heartbeat for the first time. (And I've totally played out one of those bad news and alone scenarios in my head too :-/ )

This is sad, such a special day - try not to think about bad scenarios. We'll keep everything crossed the little hb is nice and strong!

k1978: My husband will come usually to the gender one if he can make it, before having our son he came to more but now I leave our boy with him since it's harder to have him with me, with our daughter we were being scanned weekly from 12 weeks on since she was very ill and he didn't come to all of them which was a lot harder cause I knew it was to see how much worse her condition had gotten. He also wasn't in Toronto with me when I went in for the fetal surgery since he had to stay with our son back home. I was scared to death we'd loose her there and I'd have to deal with it and the labour myself. Sadly that actually happened and it was very hard but thankfully my SIL and BIL lived close by and were with me 100% of the time.

Yay for HB!

k1978: My husband will come usually to the gender one if he can make it, before having our son he came to more but now I leave our boy with him since it's harder to have him with me, with our daughter we were being scanned weekly from 12 weeks on since she was very ill and he didn't come to all of them which was a lot harder cause I knew it was to see how much worse her condition had gotten. He also wasn't in Toronto with me when I went in for the fetal surgery since he had to stay with our son back home. I was scared to death we'd loose her there and I'd have to deal with it and the labour myself. Sadly that actually happened and it was very hard but thankfully my SIL and BIL lived close by and were with me 100% of the time.

Yay for HB!

Oh, Tiff, I don't think I realized DH wasn't there with you when Hannah passed. :hugs: Your one strong lady!

Nope he wasn't, we just couldn't swing it since we don't live near family. Made things a lot more difficult, it was a very long and hard flight back home.

Alright ladies - this weekend let's talk about symptoms, the ones your having or not. How about food - anyone eating anything crazy yet? Any particular food aversions?

I have had some issues with nausea/vomiting, but nothing around the clock. It seems to come in waves and more so when I am tired. Also, very tired and have sore bb's, and a little tiny bit of cramping here and there. Lastly, I am still having trouble going to bathroom (likely from the progesterone supplementation) All my symptoms still come and go - which makes it hard to feel preggo at all. (Not that I am wanting to be sick all the time either - yesterday was prettty bad) I have been avoiding chocolate (I know crazy) it doesn't taste good right now at all, but I think I have eaten my weight in grapes this week. I also found Haagen Das Coconut Macaroon ice cream, and it is to die for! Anyone find anything that tastes really good to them lately? Also, anyone else finding it difficult to get 60 grams of protein in their diet?

At this point there is no way I'm getting 60g of protein in a day. I have too much nausea and food aversions. My doctor told me not to worry about the #'s right now and just keep taking my supplements. My nausea does come and go in waves too, and I find smells will set it off. Holy crap do not walk past Abercrombie and Fitch, I dry heaved. :) I am also tired, but it let up slightly in week 7. Food wise, the only things I can really stomach are carbs, bagels, pasta, oh and PB&J. And of course I am mega constipated. This week was a war on constipation. Colace, flax seed, fiber 1 bars, a ton of water.

I'm really not interested in desserts at all (shocked!) or any sweet beverages. Everything tastes too sweet.

Alright ladies - this weekend let's talk about symptoms, the ones your having or not. How about food - anyone eating anything crazy yet? Any particular food aversions?

I have had some issues with nausea/vomiting, but nothing around the clock. It seems to come in waves and more so when I am tired. Also, very tired and have sore bb's, and a little tiny bit of cramping here and there. Lastly, I am still having trouble going to bathroom (likely from the progesterone supplementation) All my symptoms still come and go - which makes it hard to feel preggo at all. (Not that I am wanting to be sick all the time either - yesterday was prettty bad) I have been avoiding chocolate (I know crazy) it doesn't taste good right now at all, but I think I have eaten my weight in grapes this week. I also found Haagen Das Coconut Macaroon ice cream, and it is to die for! Anyone find anything that tastes really good to them lately? Also, anyone else finding it difficult to get 60 grams of protein in their diet?

I agree, sweets in general have been difficult - so strange! I haven't minded the sweetness in things like fruit or ginger ale. I have had some OJ in the a.m.'s. I have been taking colace too! Also, I have used Miralax and even glycerin suppositories. I just so uncomfortable with all the bloating - I have never had this much bloating, even if I am constipated. I guess that is why it is referred to as the IVF bloat because it is so hormone driven. ((sigh)) Can't wait until my tummy sticks out from a baby instead of this!

Good morning ladies! I had my scan yesterday and its official. We are having twins! :cloud9: Looks like I'm part of the small percentage of clomid users that gets twins. I have pictures in my journal. Both babies are growing on track.

As for symptoms... I feel nauseous all day long and it has been that way for about a week and a half. My nips are still very sore and sensitive. They have been that way since 4dpo though. My face has broken out like no other and I'm super tired all the time. No food aversions yet or really any cravings, I'm a pretty picky eater so that might help with all that.

Mrs.C - Congrats on the twinkies, I had a feeling - your betas were so high!

Mrs.C - Congrats on the twinkies, I had a feeling - your Vegas were so high!

"vegas" huh? Autocorrect is so funny!

Mrs c- congrats on twins. I secretly wanted them because I know my husband only wants two children, but I kind of want three. We have one DD already.

Symptoms- wave of queasiness, usually afternoon. Sore boobs still. Very tired! And I pee a lot at night (makes sleeping very hard)! The peeing may be from the prednisone I'm on. I take it before bed.

I've been dry heaving the last 3 days mostly all day, very nauseated, sore nips, fuller boobs, great skin, crappy hair, very tired. Food wise, a lot doesn't appeal to me, pizza pockets go down ok lol. I've been drinking ginger ale to help. I find sour stuff helps with the nausea.

Mrs c- congrats on the twinkies!!

That is weird about the sweets. I normally have a major sweet tooth but none of that sounds good. I have been eating pizza and Mac and cheese. Nothing else sounds good. The thought of anything creamy like dips, soup, etc makes me gag. I thought I would be one of those people that would eat chicken breast and broccoli while pregnant but I can't stand the smell.

My BBs have grown also. They were already big enough so this can stop. :) Sometimes they hurt at night.

I have been nautious a lot. It does come and go. I haven't found a solution yet. Trying to eat often but nothing sounds good.

Still having spotting. I wish it would stop. I am panicked every time I go to the bathroom. Dr said to stay hydrated but water sloshing around in the stomach is gross too. Trying to think of ways to get in protien that don't involve stinky meat.

Only another month of this right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->