IVF/IUI March/April Baby Madness!!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Did you change the title to include April, Husky? Now I really do feel like I belong. :blush: I'm really loving all the positivity on here. I've been scanning a few of the other first tri thread, and they can really scare the s#*t out of you, can't they? We've all been through enough already and don't need more stress.

Fisher, I'll gladly bring up the rear in the group. And to answer your question, I won't be 7 weeks until Aug. 31st (what feels like forever from now!), so I think my due date will 2-3 weeks after you, maybe around April 16.

So, here's a question for the group: have you told your parents or your partner's parents your good news? If so, when did you? Or when will you? I'm thinking about telling my mom on the phone tonight because she knows when I had my transfer and has already been asking about it (I just said I didn't know yet). I'd love to tell in person, but they live too far away. My parents dealt with infertility for like 12 years before having me so they know the struggle all too well. So, I don't want to continue lying. Plus, I'd confide in her if something happened. Thoughts?

We told my family right away. This was our 2nd ivf so they knew we would know right away. We also needed them to help us move so it worked out.

We still haven't told our families... Def waiting til after the heartbeat scan Thursday although the original goal was 12 weeks. I had a great tell the parents at 12 weeks plan but DH isn't sure he can wait to tell his mom (she does live with us... Long story) so it may be sooner. I'm not sure how I feel about that. We were def waiting til after 12 weeks to tell others although I was away in a cabin with friends for a bachelorette party this weekend and one of my friends who's got a heart wrenching infertility struggle of her own (6miscarriages and no baby) kind of pulled me aside and somewhat guessed so I broke down and told her and we had a couple private tearful conversations. (cause I had been terrified to tell her) pretty much she was asking why I wasn't drinking and was I at the end of another cycle and she asked me when AF was due and when I was testing and I stumbled on the answers and she said "or do you already know how it turned out?" and I broke down and confessed.

I'm still squeamish about people finding out cause there part of me that thinks if the universe get wind of what's going on it will changes its mind :shrug:

Welcome Hopeful.

Fischer - I completely agree that if the univers finds out it will change it's mind - such a great way to explain how I feel!

S08 - we have not told our family, we are going to tell at about ten weeks which will be Grandparents Day and we are going to give them cards with ultrasound pictures in them. We have a little more time because we never told anyone what we were up to, and having been married for almost 8 years, people have kind of stopped asking :shrug:

AFM - Had two scans, baby measured 7+1 with a hb of 136 on the first and 126 on the second. HR should not be slowing at this point hoping they measurement was off. Going to concentrate on the positive, baby grew exactly 1 mm a day like it should and is now 1 cm long. I could even see the arms, legs and tail on the 3d ultrasound - SO COOL!

We have told our families and several of my coworkers know as they knew we were doing ivf and transfers. I am deathly afraid I will have to tell them on Friday that I have lost the baby but I will need their support through that time.

Baby I wouldn't stress about the difference in heart beats think about your heart beat, you could measure it at 9am and you'll get one measurement and then measure again 5 hours later and it will be different. Our clinic told us above 110 is what they look for at the 7 week mark so both of yours were well above that!

Congrats s08! We told our parents both sets since they knew we were doing IVF, my sister saw me with the meds when on vacay so she knows other then that none of our close firends or family know and they won't till about 12 weeks, we do have a scan at 10+ something or other so we may tell then but it's only 11 days more to wait till our 12 week scan. The problem with me is not fitting into my clothes and I can't wear mat clothes or else people will know so for now I'm barely making do!

Heard my baby tulips HB today on my doppler, beating 168 :)

:hi: Hi and welcome s08. its good to see you over here. We have already told everyone. I didn't see the point in waiting to tell. I would want their support either way.

Desires~ I have had a few cramps and asked about it today. She said that is totally normal and it is things stretching. :thumbup:

babydrms~ Sounds like you had a wonderful scan! Isn't it amazing to see the growth?

Kelly~ Yay for hearing the heartbeat!

AFM~ I had my scan today and my OB appt. Everything looked great with both babies! I got to see the heartbeats but she wouldn't let us hear them. The RE does so I will ask him on Thursday. The scan pictures aren't that great because she blew them up but they still make me smile. :cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_1340_opt.jpg
    IMG_1340_opt.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1338_opt.jpg
    IMG_1338_opt.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 5
We have also told both of our families b\c they did know about our treatments and also if something bad did happen we would need their support as well. I have told random friends here and there who knew what we was going on but I am waiting to tell co workers. Orginally I wanted to wait until 12 weeks but I am thinking I might announce it after my 10 week scan on monday with my OB. I will see how I fell next week. Either way it is totally your decision and everyone feels differently about it.

Welcome and congrats, new pregnant ladies!

We've already told my parents and my OH's mother. We had to tell my parents on Skype. They don't live that far away (an hour by car) but they're away on vacation and we won't be able to see them till next weekend. We wanted to tell them after our first scan (9 days ago).
They were all very happy for us of course. It felt weird telling them though, I'm glad it's behind us. They didn't know about our plans and our struggles. We're not telling others yet (except a small circle of friends), we'll wait till after the NT on 10 September.

Second scan tomorrow! Excited and nervous...

We told my kids (22 & 27 yrs) right away. They both knew we were trying, other than a couple friends they were the only ones who knew. Then we told DW parents who were pretty happy about it and then my Mom who almost fell over in shock but still happy. Once we told the parents, the siblings knew. So right now at 8 weeks only our families know. After our scan next week we will probably tell her work because she is a process server and I would like them to avoid giving her services where she may have to run or jump fences. She already had one of those 2 weeks ago and I flipped out.

DH and I told both of our families and a few close friends about the upcoming FET process around the end of June while everyone was visiting. So, everyone knew and was waiting for the news. Right now, our families know, and a few close friends. They are all excited!

Kelly - That's a really good, and strong heart beat!
MrsC - I thought so too. There's a LOT of stretching going on in there! Your scans look great!

DH and I told both of our families and a few close friends about the upcoming FET process around the end of June while everyone was visiting. So, everyone knew and was waiting for the news. Right now, our families know, and a few close friends. They are all excited!

MrsC - I thought so too. There's a LOT of stretching going on in there! Your scans look great!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to my last visit with the RE tomorrow. Their scans are so much better and it seems that the pics are a lot clearer. It will be a bittersweet day because of everything they have done for us.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to my last visit with the RE tomorrow. Their scans are so much better and it seems that the pics are a lot clearer. It will be a bittersweet day because of everything they have done for us.

I know what you mean. We see our RE for a 2nd scan on next Wednesday and I'm not sure if that will be my last with her, but it will definitely be bittersweet for me too during our last one. I mean these are the people that have been and seen us through the grueling highs and lows of this whole baby making process making it all possible to have made it to this point by the grace of God.

I have my last re appt next Tuesday and I am dreading it. That group of people have helped me get pregnant twice and have helped me deal with a mc. When I lost our first baby the nurses and dr were as heartbroken as we were. Saying goodbye will be extremely tough. How do you thank people for that?

I fully agree with you ladies!

Husky~ I'm trying to figure that out myself. I have no idea how to say thank you for everything they have done.

On another note... I got an email about a really good sale going on at Ingrid and Isabel (bellabands) https://www.ingridandisabel.com/category/ingrid-isabel-catalog/sale

I have my last re appt next Tuesday and I am dreading it. That group of people have helped me get pregnant twice and have helped me deal with a mc. When I lost our first baby the nurses and dr were as heartbroken as we were. Saying goodbye will be extremely tough. How do you thank people for that?

Husky, that's a good question. My RE has seen me through 2 ectopic pregnancies, one resulting in an emergency laparoscopy. DH and I talked about sending our RE flowers as a thank you. But, I don't know if that would be too much...

Husky, that's a good question. My RE has seen me through 2 ectopic pregnancies, one resulting in an emergency laparoscopy. DH and I talked about sending our RE flowers as a thank you. But, I don't know if that would be too much...

I think it is a good idea. I sent one batch to our dr and the nurses the day after my first transfer. We obviously didn't know it worked at that point but we wanted to thank them for even getting us that far. I also sent some to our embryologist because she was unbelievable. She called me daily with updates, took photos and was one of the most patient and understanding people I have met. That was back in January. Not quite sure what to do now. Maybe we will write up cards.

Thanks for all the stories about telling your parents and friends. I told my parents last night on the phone, and they were thrilled of course. They said they kinda figured since I had not called my mom crying hysterically like I did after our failed cycle. A little anti-climactic, but oh well. We'll probably tell dh's 'rents after a succesful first scan.

About saying thank you to your RE, I'm not really sure. But I'm guessing the best gift they could ever receive is a photo of your newborn next spring! Maybe a basket of goodies for the whole staff in the meantime if you really want to send something?

I fully agree with you ladies!

Husky~ I'm trying to figure that out myself. I have no idea how to say thank you for everything they have done.

On another note... I got an email about a really good sale going on at Ingrid and Isabel (bellabands) https://www.ingridandisabel.com/category/ingrid-isabel-catalog/sale

This is a good sale, I got 2 when they had a 50% off sale. I have used mine a few times with some cloths that are already tight, not a huge fan of them b\c they seem sort of bulky but that is probably b\c I am not big enough to use them properly.

Husky - We'll probably just send flowers, although, cards sound like a good idea too.

S08 - Oh, DH and I are definitely sending a pic. We decided on that the first meeting with our RE bc there were already so many pics and collages of babies on the wall. Sending a basket of goodies seem like a good thing to do as well.

You guys have given me some great ideas ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->