IVF/IUI March/April Baby Madness!!

I have my last re appt next Tuesday and I am dreading it. That group of people have helped me get pregnant twice and have helped me deal with a mc. When I lost our first baby the nurses and dr were as heartbroken as we were. Saying goodbye will be extremely tough. How do you thank people for that?

Write them a letter!
Our clinic has all these quotes from thank you letters painted on their walls.

Send a basket of sweets like s08 said then they can all enjoy and share between the departments and a card. I'm not as close with my clinic because until right before this transfer I had an ignorant jerk for an RE but now I do have a nice RE, she actually did all 3 of my transfer with my other cycles and was my doc while I was in the hospital with OHSS. I might send her and the nurses a card.

Will you ladies be doing the NT scan between 11 and 13 weeks? I just want to hear peoples thoughts on it. I scheduled mine for the 15th of next month. Since there is two in there it will be a 2 hour scan. :wacko:

I am doing it. It will be the week after labor day for me.

Hi Everyone!

Diagnosis: PCOS
How long ttc: 1 year 2 weeks (we took a break a couple of months)
Procedures prior to bfp cycle:At-Home inseminations & IUI
Procedure resulting in this bfp:2nd IUI
Due date: EDD March 15/2013

^ welcome! and congrats!

Mrsc I've mine booked for sept 10th, I do it every time just to see the baby. And I know about long scans! With Hannah we were getting scanned every week for an hour+ sometimes twice a week and as I got bigger I would get such bad sciatica and back pain, so bring a pillow to put under your back it will help tons.

yup where they measure the nuchal fold to see if there is an increased risk of downs, they also check for other soft markers like no nasal bone etc, all which can indicate downs or a genetic issue.

Is it the normal 12 week scan? They said I could decide not to do it if I didn't want to. I wonder if they would have scanned me if I said no. Either way I wanted to do it, hubby and I talked about it on the drive to the appointment and decided we were doing the testing.

My doc won't send you for the scan if you don't want the nuchal fold done so I'm not sure. I don't get the triple screen blood done just the scan I figure it'll be a good enough indicator, plus my scan clinic recommends not doing the triple screen bloods if your NT scan comes back clean.

Welcome and congrats 2mommiesTTC!

HuskyMomWI, I don't think NT is a regular 12 week scan. The doctor who measures it must have a special licence - not all gynecologists do. You have to make a special appointment. NT calculates statistical probability for DS and some other defects. It can detect abnormalities in up to 90%.

AFM, I saw my beanie again today. First appointment with my OB/GYN. We saw the little one and I saw the heart beating :cloud9:. What bothered me a bit was that the baby measured only 7weeks 3days. It should be exactly 8 weeks. I know when I ovulated to the day. But I suppose it's fine as long as there's a heartbeat.
Here's the picture.

https://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/katyazib/116812_8wks.jpg

I had my 7+5 Ultrasound today and it went well! :happydance:

The baby measures 7+3 and HB = 160

I know I've been nauseated on and off but I was convinced I was making it up and nothing would be there on the ultrasound so I was totally surprised and excited!

:wohoo:

Awesome, Fisher! I'm sure you are so, so thrilled. When is your next scan?

Wonderful scan Katy!

Fisher~ Yay for such a great update! The heartbeat is a great one!

AFM~ I had my last RE visit today. Both babies are looking great. Baby A is right on track at 8w4d and Baby B is a day ahead at 8w5d. Both had the exact same heartbeat of 175!! :happydance: They both finally have little arms and legs. :cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_1344.jpg
    IMG_1344.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 9
Lots of good scan news! Lovely scan pics katy and mrs c! I have put mine as my avatar :) I'm not having the screening for DS -its not connected to the 12 week scan. I'm happy not to have it.
Had the proper booking in today and I started crying within 2 minutes! Couldn't help it, I feel a lot of anxiety at the moment. Midwife was lovely, I said it was ivf and we'd been trying a long time-she said of course i'm going to feel this way. Just filled in loads of forms!

Got home and my letter for scan has arrived! wasn't expecting it til next week so that was nice!!! -and I've heard of some women waiting ages for it to come through. My 12wk scan will be on the 6th sept at 2.30, yay! I will be 12+4 I think! xxx

Fischer - So glad you had a great scan and that it put your mind at ease!

Mrs C - great scan pics!!

School - So glad you got your scan appointment set up!

AFM - just waiting for my appointment on Monday with my regular OB. I am switching practices b\c I was not thrilled with my old OB before pregancy and I don't want to deliver where she goes. So hopefully I will like the new place. It is a big practice with a lot of doctors do I don't know if I will like that or not.

Blue - do you see your OBGYN for your appointments and then whomever is on call that day for delivery is who you get or do you see rotating doctors at each appointment?

Blue - do you see your OBGYN for your appointments and then whomever is on call that day for delivery is who you get or do you see rotating doctors at each appointment?

I am pretty sure it's rotating doctors, only good thing about that is I will probably have meet whomever is going to do my delivery, but not sure if I like the idea of seeing a million different docs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->