IVF/IUI March/April Baby Madness!!

I'll be waiting to buy most things baby related till I know the gender so I can choose specifically unless a video baby monitor I want goes on sale. I'll also get some mat stuff after 12 week scan, mine is also sept 10th! :) We're close to telling people, will start making some calls this weekend to brothers and sisters and close friends but everyone else will likely wait till our NT scan. Scared to death for it, they found our daughters condition at 12 weeks during the NT and it did not go well. SO it's so hard to mentally think I'll actually be able to relax and enjoy it this time.

So, I'm back from my first scan. Measuring a day ahead at 7+1 with a heartbeat of 147!!! We are obviously thrilled. Makes all this ms worth it!

Congrat's S08!!!! So happy for you.

We have started to tell people. We were at a BBQ yesterday with our neighbours and shots were being passed out and drinks were constantly flowing so it didn't go unnoticed and then when I passed the second shot one of our close friends who is a neighbour noted and asked why and so I just said "I am actually pregnant!"

I figured at this point if I go in on Wednesday and god forbid something is wrong I am going to be a complete disaster so I will need the support of friends.

I am getting together with all of my girlfriends tomorrow and am telling them all then. Several are going on vacation through September so it made most sense to tell them now.

So exciting to tell your girlfriends Springy! I am trying to coordinate a get-together to do the same but having so much trouble finding a time we can all get together!

That's the problem I had. I would have normally waited till after my 12 week scan this week however 2 leave Wednesday and 1 leaves Saturday for vacation and I didn't think springing it on them at my friends bachelorette at the end of the month was a good time so it will be a bit before 12 weeks! We actually planned the dinner when I was only 8 weeks along!

I am out with all my fiends so I am praying that my scan on Wednesday is ok!!!!

I am sure it will be, like you keep saying your chances of anything being wrong at this point are so low! Will you wait till the scan for a FB announcement?

I will probably wait longer for a FB announcement. All my close friends know now that's what matters .... I will do something for FB later I think.

Super random Question for all you ladies who took drugs to get where you are today... Has anyone else had a similar pain?

Randomly today I started having sharp lower left pains like ovulation type pains, or what I described to DH was "it feels like when I was on the clomid and my ovary got really big" ---- I just can't figure out why I would have a similar pain at 11 weeks? I know I don't have an ectopic. I also know I still had cysts on the left ovary and it measured 4-5cm on my 7 week ultrasound... I would assume those had gotten smaller by now though? Unless it hasn't and maybe my uterus is just getting big enough to push on it now? No bleeding or anything, I just can't figure it out and was wondering if anyone had a similar experience or theory I hadn't thought of.

I think most of you are ahead of me week wise so I hope your nausea is letting up a bit!!!

fisher I would assume that it is the cyst you had/might still have. I'm having similar pain from my cyst. Theres nothing they can do except look at it during scans. I called and asked earlier in the week because feeling it is driving me crazy and some times it is really uncomfortable. When is your next scan? Ask them to take a look and see if they can see if that cyst is still there. :thumbup:

Definitely sounds like cysts, can you get in to see your Dr to get a scan?

My next scan is on the 12th, but it's the NT scan do I don't know if they do a whooole thing then or just look at the baby's neck?

Not that I'm glad you're hurting MrsC but it makes me feel a bit better that I'm not the only one. I think my last US report showed I had cysts on both sides but I think the 'real one' is on the right and they commented that the ones on the left are "left over from hyper stimulation" and I know the left ovary measured bigger.

I had my NT scan on Wednesday and they didn't even take decent pictures of the baby only the shots they needed to get the neck measurements .... You may want to ask for a separate scan to investigate the pain :hugs:

My next scan is on the 12th, but it's the NT scan do I don't know if they do a whooole thing then or just look at the baby's neck?

Not that I'm glad you're hurting MrsC but it makes me feel a bit better that I'm not the only one. I think my last US report showed I had cysts on both sides but I think the 'real one' is on the right and they commented that the ones on the left are "left over from hyper stimulation" and I know the left ovary measured bigger.

When I called to ask about this discomfort they said they would look at it on Friday at my NT scan. Maybe call your OB and ask if they can take a quick look during the scan. It couldn't hurt to ask. My OB does know about my cyst but I wanted them to know it was still bothering me. Mine was huge in the beginning so everything feels better now compared to then. Huge meaning something like 76mm across. :wacko: That was really painful. I hope they get it sorted out for you.

They usually look at everything at our NT scans, I had the doc write down on the req form to check the SCH's so they wouldn't forget though usually if they see something unusual they check it out anyway.

Fisher- Sorry you are having this pain it does sound like it could be a cyst. I would mention it to the doctor and I am sure they will check it out on the next scan. My NT scan was pretty thorough they checked everything it took like an hour but I know this all depends on the doctor.

How is everyone else feeling? Looks like a lot of you are reaching the 12 week mark! YEEEEYYY!!!

AFM I am freaking out have my anatomy scan tomorrow morning and although I have no indication to worry I still can't help worrying. I have actually thought I felt the baby kicking but since this is my first I cant be sure they are still so light! I am hoping they will tell me the sex tomorrow but they usually don't tell the couples until they are 7 months along over here which sucks I am hoping my doctor can tell me since he is at a private hospital and I am a foreigner we will see!

Hope everyone has a great week!

So sorry about the pain, Fisher. I haven't ever had painful cysts, so I'm no help in that department.

Seoul, good luck at your scan tomorrow! I hope they can tell you gender. Keep us posted.

AFM, just taking it one day at a time. The ms seems to have let up ever so slightly the last few days, so that's good. I have my first u/s with my OB tomorrow. They tried to cancel it since I already had a 7 week scan with my RE, but I insisted I have it anyway. I can't have enough reassurance that everything is going well!

The scan went well! I'm so relieved risk for downs is ridiculously low :) Hematomas are gone and baby is healthy, no signs of other anomalies at this point :) Looks like we get to tell people now.

https://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx211/kelly8910/export--86324645-1.jpg

Congrats, Kelly! Look at the beautiful baby!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->