IVF/IUI March/April Baby Madness!!

Yes, I think this depends (next to the machine quality of course) on the extent of the knowledge of anatomy and experience. So I guess doctors are most qualified to predict the gender from a 12 week scan. It's still not a 100% of course. You know for sure once the baby is born :winkwink:.

I had my NT scan yesterday. As far as I know everything is good. Just waiting for results now and I have more blood work to do on October 12th. Thats when our next scan is as well. I'm hoping they will be able to tell genders then. She said she would look. The scan took almost two hours. I had to get up twice and jump around so the babies would move. Of course when she needed them to hold still they were moving like crazy.

Attachments

• IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1404.jpg
    IMG_1404.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 8
The techs here are so unwilling to look and guess or humour the pregnant women it drives me mad! I'm hoping so bad that they do a scan at my high risk OB intake and will humour me. I'm just so impatient.

So my bloodwork for cystic fibrosis came back that I'm a carrier :-/ DH is going today but it could be a couple weeks before we find out. I was expecting them to be calling about my Synthroid or my NT scan results... Now I'm all worried :-/

So my bloodwork for cystic fibrosis came back that I'm a carrier :-/ DH is going today but it could be a couple weeks before we find out. I was expecting them to be calling about my Synthroid or my NT scan results... Now I'm all worried :-/

I'm sure that is scary but try not to worry. If I'm not mistaken I think both you and your DH have to be a carrier for the chances to be high and I think the chances of both of you being carriers is very low. Praying that it's negative.

I hope dh isn't a carrier so you don't need to worry fisher. Hoping the best for you.

:hugs: Fx everything will be ok. I hope the results from your DH's test come back soon. Try not to worry to much.

I'm so sorry you got that call :( Hang in there! :hugs:

desires I'd think that since he gave you an 89% accuracy that he likely knows what he's saying but that doesn't mean you're not in the other 11%. I wish my techs would even make a guess based on what they see, I'm so eager to know. I have my high risk OB apt at 14+1 and am hoping they will scan me and humour me with a guess. Didn't you predict you were having a boy though? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I think that's someone else. But, I do remember you asking about my meaning behind "Baby Finley," and I explained that's just the name that we've given him or her until we know the sex, and since my last name is Finley. I really wanted my girl first, but whatever God gives is just fine with me considering our struggle!

So sorry to hear that, but I pray that your DH blood work comes back negative, and that all will be well.:hugs:

So sorry Fisher really hoping that all comes back fine on your husbands side!

AFM- I officially got released today to my OB and got the good to go to travel back home. My trisonomy testing all came back normal :happydance: the doctor also took another peek to look at the sex and we were told we are expecting a little girl!! We are so excited! I didn't really care either way but am really excited to look at pink stuff now!

Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm sorry about the results fisher. I really hope everything turns out fine.

Sorry about the news fisher, try to remain calm (easier said than done, I know). Even if he is a carrier you can still have a healthy child. :hugs:

Great news Seoul! Felt good to be released and be able to be treated like a "regular" pregnant woman!!! Are you guys travelling back to the US to have the baby? I am still holding out hope for team :pink: for me but everything inside me says its a boy! Regardless I will be happy with a healthy baby but would, like you, really like to look at pink stuff :)

Springy- Yes we are traveling back to the US my husband works very long hours and travels a whole bunch so it leaves me completely alone at home in a strange place for long periods of time. It was fine when I wasn't pregnant and could get around everywhere no problems but I am very nervous about going places alone and relying on public transportation while I am pregnant especially with how difficult its been for me to stay pregnant. Luckily my parents are back home and willing to take me in until the baby is born and DH will travel back and forth in the mean time. Will be hard to be away for so long but for his sanity and mine we think this is for the best.

Team pink is fun but so are little boys! I have 5 nephews and maybe clothes shopping isn't as fun but when they get into the age of playing pretend boys games can be more fun. Ive seen with my 2 nieces that princesses are cute and fun in small doses. We've gone through so much to have A child that as long as the baby is healthy I think we will all be grateful!

Have you guys tried any of the gender predictor silly things they do. For me surprisingly almost everything checked out girl. The only things that failed were the cravings and my cold feet all pointed to boy. I saw a post about looking at the bottom of your eye balls and you have two veins at like 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock that look like fish hooks. If they are on your left its a boy on your right its a girl and both eyes means girl. It has been accurate for a lot of people. It's silly things but I figured I would check most of them out just to see if any of them worked.

Hey Seoul,

Congrats on being free to travel! Glad to hear you will be surrounded by family to help you out. We did try a couple of gender predictors. The baking soda test said boy, so did the Intelligender test, but the chinese calendar and ring test both say girl. We will find out in a few weeks!

Kelly I'm in the same boat, chinese and baking soda say boy but ring and heartbeat and skull theory say girl. I did redo the baking soda when I wasn't taking progesterone inserts and the reaction was so much less fizzy like barely a fizz but there was a fizz still, where as before it was like 2 inches of fizzy foam.

Chinese calendar says boy (for both march and July - because you input conception month and it was a frozen transfer, 'conceived' in March) and the ring test was boy. I have boy feelings, though I thought we would only have girls...can't tell if the feelings are because so many people keep insisting it we have a boy on board. :shrug:

Chinese calendar says boy (for both march and July - because you input conception month and it was a frozen transfer, 'conceived' in March) and the ring test was boy. I have boy feelings, though I thought we would only have girls...can't tell if the feelings are because so many people keep insisting it we have a boy on board. :shrug:

I am glad I wasn't the only one putting two different dates in for chinese gender calendar which didn't help cause one said boy and one said girl. The one with transfer date worked for me.

^ which proves it doesn't work for time of conception but i knew this for my son it was right for my daughter it wasn't. I also believe this time I'm having a girl. I was right both other times so it would be nice to be 3 for 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->