IVF/IUI March/April Baby Madness!!

Kelly- Congrats what a cute picture!!

S08- Good thing you made them keep your scan in my opinion if that gives you reassurance it will also make you calmer which is supposed to be better for the baby so why not??

AFM- Appointment went great today! Baby is measuring perfect and looking so big now! They were willing to tell me the sex only the umbilical cord was in between the legs so they couldn't get a confirmation. I am pretty sure I have a little girl in there though! That has been my feeling since day one and at one point i thought I saw the lines they talk about but who am I to know?:shrug: Anyways just excited that LO is doing well! They did tell me I have Placenta Previa my placenta is just a little bit too close too the cervix hopefully it will move back and all will be good otherwise it may be a C-section for me. Next week I get all my results for downs and everything else and then I am cleared to my OB :happydance: I will see if the doc agrees to taking one more peek to confirm the sex!

Hope everyone else is doing well! Anymore scans coming soon?

Kelly- Congrats what a cute picture!!

S08- Good thing you made them keep your scan in my opinion if that gives you reassurance it will also make you calmer which is supposed to be better for the baby so why not??

AFM- Appointment went great today! Baby is measuring perfect and looking so big now! They were willing to tell me the sex only the umbilical cord was in between the legs so they couldn't get a confirmation. I am pretty sure I have a little girl in there though! That has been my feeling since day one and at one point i thought I saw the lines they talk about but who am I to know?:shrug: Anyways just excited that LO is doing well! They did tell me I have Placenta Previa my placenta is just a little bit too close too the cervix hopefully it will move back and all will be good otherwise it may be a C-section for me. Next week I get all my results for downs and everything else and then I am cleared to my OB :happydance: I will see if the doc agrees to taking one more peek to confirm the sex!

Hope everyone else is doing well! Anymore scans coming soon?

My sister had placenta Previa with her second and it moved as expected.

I had my nt scan yesterday. Everything went well. Measurements are within the normal range. Bloodwork results should be back in a week or so. We also has the tech peek at the sex. She is guessing girl. She said there is still a chance something will grow but for now it looks like a girl. We will know for sure at the 20 week scan.

No more nausea which is fantastic!! This all still feel surreal. Hoping it sinks in soon :)

Kelly & Seoul - congrat's on the great scans! Seoul hopefully you'll get another chance to sneak a peak at the gender! I have already decided that if they can't get the gender at my 19 week scan that I will pay for a private 3D scan to determine the gender - yep this girl has ZERO patience!!

s08 - can't wait to hear about your scan today!

Husky - great NT results! I think mine was 0.125 I have to check the CD at home. My OB yesterday hadn't received the report yet but I saw the results on the CD and knew they were well within the normal range :)

AFM - had my first OBGYN appointment yesterday. Was mostly talking and discussing what to expect over the next few months. I meet with him every 4 weeks and my next scan is at 18 to 19 weeks which is the week of October 22nd :) I really want to have it done before the final weekend in October as I want to reveal gender to my family that weekend as its my Dad's birthday!

Husky, Springy and Seoul - So glad you had good appointments!

Hope everyone else is doing well and moving right along. Not much to report here. I had my NT scan last week and all looked well just waiting on the bloodwork results.

Seoul - I had a scan yesterday baby was measuring perfect. We did have a hiccup, the baby may have an arrythmia, but they are not 100% sure right now. The docs are all over it, and I feel like I am in good hands if this is the case. I explain more in my journal, but mostly it is just me freaking out a bit.

Our techs won't look for gender that early :( But she did focus on the potty shot and I thought I saw three little lines to, and I certainly saw no protrusion at this point plus no hint of a penis sticking out in any pics when baby had her legs to her chest. Keeping my fingers crossed my intuition is right.

I've booked a private scan at 16 weeks to tell gender for sure.

Where do you find private scan places? Is it 3D? I would like to just find a place I can go and pay but not necessarily 3D!

If they can't find gender for us at our 19 week one we will pay for the 3D one!

We leave near GE which produces ultrasound equipment. I guess they do free scans if you volunteer to be an OB model for one of their classes. I signed up and hope they call. :). Closest I will ever get to being a model :).

Husky, Seoul, Baby, and Blue, great news on all your recent scans! Wow, we've been a busy group at appointments lately.

AFM, just returned from first OB u/s. Measuring exactly on track at 8 weeks, 4 days with a hb of 183...yah!

I googled and found one, there's only one that I can find that will tell at 16 weeks. We only have a choice of ucbaby and ultrasound preview but I have to drive 2.5 hours. YOu can ask them to do 2D mine will be 3/4D but I always tell them if I don't like it (the 3d/4d can freak me out sometimes) and they put it back to 2D for me. Springy you should have a UCbaby near you somewhere they're all across Canada.

Great news So8

babydrms- Sorry to hear of the little hiccup but I have heard a lot of babies having this and it resolving on its own through the pregnancy. Sometimes the arrhythmia's can have something to do with murmurs and those usually resolve themselves and if not are quite easy to fix. My cousin had this and he was perfectly fine! It sounds like your docs are gonna take good care of your little one.

Springy- I have zero patience either I will bug my doctor for another scan if not I am getting a private one when I get back the states! It is killing me not knowing but hey as long as the baby is healthy I will take not knowing.

S08- great news!! Glad you were able to see your LO again.

Glad everyone else doing well too! I wish the doctors would tell us the sex early on. My sisters mother in law can tell the sex of a baby at 12 weeks with 95% accuracy I really wish she were close to me to do the scans.

NT scan today! Seemed to go well, the tech said everything looked normal we got 5 pictures :-D I'm 11.4 today and it was measuring 11.5/11.6 depending on the shot so that's good too! HB 158!

They did check out my ovaries since I said I was having pain. She said it was okay. I think it's just cause its so big. The right one is about 2cm and the left one where I'm having pain is 5.5cm. And that's def the pain cause when she was pushing to get shots of it it almost made my eyes water!

Hi ladies!

I have been MIA, but all has been fantastic this way. Congrats to all you ladies who have had NT scans that came out great. Seems like we are all moving along just fine!

AFM, I had my NT scan on 09/10th at 11wks 4 days, and all was well. Our scan can back fine with no markers for Down Syndrome. I should be getting the results of my blood work back soon. I also got a DVD made of our scan. They offered it for only $5.00, so DH and I were like sure! My little angel was very, very active! There was lots of kicking and jumping, lol! I can only imagine what all that will feel like once I'm able to feel the kicks and punches. My dr also shared with DH and I that there's an 89% chance that our little angel may be a boy. He showed us the "stem" as he called it. I was soo hoping for a girl, but as longs as he/she is healthy that's all that matters. But, my question to you ladies is do you all think this is way too soon to know the gender. I read somewhere that at 11wks that male and female genitalia looks the same. What do you ladies think?

Fisher and Desiresbaby- Congrats on your scan!

Desiresbaby- By 12 weeks the reproductive organs are fully defined but only a few medical professionals can pretty accurately tell the sex at this point. A lot will be able to give you an idea but no one would bet on it, they would all tell you to wait at least until 15 weeks for a more definitive answer. Being that you weren't quite 12 weeks yet I would say the margin for error is large but usually doctors don't give guesses this early only if they believe they have a pretty accurate way of telling so maybe you have a doctor that is really good at spotting the sex!

Desires - it seems early to me. I have delivered babies between 11-16 weeks (very sad) and moat often in the real young ones we wait for the lab to tell us the sex because the clítoris is very prominent then and the gender is very difficult to determine when looking at the baby in real life. So, perhaps take the prediction with a grain of salt?

Afm - the baby's heart beat was much more regular today, which was much more reassuring. We are going to still need further cardiac work-up but it did not seem as severe at all.

desires I'd think that since he gave you an 89% accuracy that he likely knows what he's saying but that doesn't mean you're not in the other 11%. I wish my techs would even make a guess based on what they see, I'm so eager to know. I have my high risk OB apt at 14+1 and am hoping they will scan me and humour me with a guess. Didn't you predict you were having a boy though? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Hi girls.
Congrats on all the NT scans. Great to hear our babies are doing well.
Babydrms, so good to hear that your baby's HB was more regular. I hope you can relax at least a bit more now.
DesiresBaby, yes, they can tell the gender at NT. Mine was on the same day as yours (10th), at 11w4d. My GYN measured my baby as 4 days younger at 8 weeks but at NT the size and stage of development was perfect, maybe even a day ahead. Low chance of DS, too. We got a CD but we had to pay 15 EUR extra. Still totally worth it :cloud9:. The baby was all over the screen, couldn't stay still, hehe.
The doctor was an expert and the US machine was state of the art. We asked and she told us that we were having a girl :). She was able to tell from the shape of the pubic bone. And I believe her. It's not 100% yet of course but close enough.
And here's a photo of our little girl.

https://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/katyazib/DSC_0106.jpg

So glad everyone is doing well and having great nt scan results! I am going for my gender guess today. Babies have been meauring ahead so hopefully it will be acurate. My friend is doing it and hasnt been wrong yet with all our other girlfriends. We shall see!

Katie, intersting the doc was looking at the pelvic bone - obviously we can't irl. Going to ask my bff whom is an ultrasound tech if they learn this here. Maybe cuz it was a doc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->