IVF/IUI March/April Baby Madness!!

Just wondering if anyone here is taking a childbirth class at the hospital you are going to deliver at? They have a few classes like childcare, childbirth, multiples. I would probably only do one b\c they are a bit expensive.

There are classes at the hospital where I'm going to deliver. But they're for free. I'll go about a month or two before my due date.

I got a huge scare this morning. There was some blood on the toilet paper (brown). We went to the ER immediately. I was sooooooooooo terrified... But fortunately our baby was fine. I saw her HB and her legs were moving. It looks like it was just contact bleeding from DTD yesterday. It's all gone now but I'm on sick-leave till the end of the week anyway.

Sorry about your scare! I know how scary it is to have bleeding, I've had it since first tri and still have spotting once in awhile but now I know it's just normal for me so I dont' worry much about it.

GOOD NEWS!!!!
DH's CF screen came back negative!!!
They said our odds of a Baby with CF are cut ten-fold as a result to 1:1204

GOOD NEWS!!!!
DH's CF screen came back negative!!!
They said our odds of a Baby with CF are cut ten-fold as a result to 1:1204

:yipee: Amazing news and I'm sure a huge weight lifted off your shoulders!

Great news fisher!

Blue - we just had a conversation at work about people not going to classes. It used to be required, and for good reason. When you come to the hospital you are nervous and most likely in pain and it is a terrible time to do the primary teaching, really we should only be reinforcing teaching - there is more than enough going on. As for postpartum and baby care, again you will be tired and in pain and again not a good time to learn, better to just be confirming. It is a source of huge frustration for us as RN 's because it is SOOO in important. Just to give an idea, we will be going to childbirth class and DH will be going to daddy 'bbootcamp'. We will also have to pay out of pocket, but in my professional opinion, completely worth it.

Blue~ sorry I missed your question. I'm going to have to look at the new hospital when we go to see what is offered. I would like to do at least one of them so that I have an idea. babydrms what you said makes me want to do one even more. Thank you for sharing your professional opinion on this.

Great News Fisher!

Katy-sorry about your scare glad all is well with the baby.

Blue storm- im planning on taking a couple of them but will be taking them alone since dh wont even be in the same continent for most of the rest of the pregnancy!

Babydrms - thanks for your opinon that really makes me feel like we should suck it up and do both. Dont think i will do the multiples class though...just childbirth and care

That awesome news fisher! I'm sure you are relieved!

Blue Storm - DH and I will are planning on taking classes. I think they're free at the hospital I'll be delivering. I love being informed, and you can never be too informed when it comes to caring for a newborn as a first time parent!

I'm glad you can see the value - Blue, I would call about corriculum. If I had to guess, I would think the multiplies would have the infant care kind of rolled I to it AND teach you multiple tips...just a thought if your only doing two.

Great news fisher!!

We will be taking classes also. I feel a bit clueless. Our hospital offers them and I believe they said to sign up a month or two before my due date.

Babydrms- Good idea I will find out about the multiples class. Just wish they weren't so darn expensive or I would take them all! I know it's money well spent just trying to save every dime right now!

I was just looking at the classes they offer at the hospital here. $135.00 for one class. :dohh: I'll have to see if there is a multiples class that they offer. I think that one would be one to take. A L&D tour is included in the class. Otherwise it is $10.00. I didn't know they charge for tours. Oh well.

Hi ladies. Hope you are all doing well. Looks like everyone is now in the second tri, or pretty darn close. I might be bringing up the rear!

So glad everything turned out with the test, Fisher. What a relief!

AFM, I've been pretty quiet on here, as we had a little scare recently so I’ve mostly been keeping to myself. Our OB told us last week that they saw what could have been an umbilical cord cyst at my 8 week u/s. I guess that can be associated with chromosomal abnormalities, like trisomy 18. But she said most likely it would resolve itself by the second tri. Regardless, she recommended the NT scan (which we probably would have done anyway). Long story short, we had the scan today, and they couldn’t find a cyst! And the baby’s neck measurements looked fine. We still have to wait for my blood work results, but so far, things are looking great! Feeling very relieved today.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Any fun plans?

Great news S08.

I'm not taking a class, I did take one the first time around but I knew everything she taught having just done my maternity and pediatric courses and rotation while in nursing school plus the lady was terrible. If I didn't have any experience I think it would have been more worth it though. I also paid about 120 bucks for my course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->