IVF/IUI March/April Baby Madness!!

SO8 - So glad thigs are looking ok!

Tiff - for me I could teach the class (it is taught by an labor and delivery nurse) but DH really needs the class. I don't want him to be anxious because he doesn't know what to expect. It will also cost us over $100. :shrug: Going to also send him to a cpd class and maybe a daddy bootcamp, lol.

Oh that makes sense! My husband had to miss a bunch of classes cause of work though he did go to about half.

We will definitely be taking the one prenatal class not sure what it encompasses but it is about $135. Its not as much for me as it is for DH as he has never even touched an infant before which kind of scares me!! Speaking of hospitals they told me to call after 14 weeks to do my prenatal registration & assessment and around 16 weeks call to book our prenatal classes for around week 30 - guess since I'm 16 weeks this week I should do both of those things!!!!

S08 SO glad things are ok! I honestly think sometimes there is too much monitoring for us fertility patients. Also glad your NT results are normal :thumbup:

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Seoul - have you traveled back home yet?

Hi ladies. Hope you are all doing well. Looks like everyone is now in the second tri, or pretty darn close. I might be bringing up the rear!

So glad everything turned out with the test, Fisher. What a relief!

AFM, I've been pretty quiet on here, as we had a little scare recently so I’ve mostly been keeping to myself. Our OB told us last week that they saw what could have been an umbilical cord cyst at my 8 week u/s. I guess that can be associated with chromosomal abnormalities, like trisomy 18. But she said most likely it would resolve itself by the second tri. Regardless, she recommended the NT scan (which we probably would have done anyway). Long story short, we had the scan today, and they couldn’t find a cyst! And the baby’s neck measurements looked fine. We still have to wait for my blood work results, but so far, things are looking great! Feeling very relieved today.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Any fun plans?

Great news! I'm so glad that things are looking better.

Hi ladies. Hope you are all doing well. Looks like everyone is now in the second tri, or pretty darn close. I might be bringing up the rear!

So glad everything turned out with the test, Fisher. What a relief!

AFM, I've been pretty quiet on here, as we had a little scare recently so I’ve mostly been keeping to myself. Our OB told us last week that they saw what could have been an umbilical cord cyst at my 8 week u/s. I guess that can be associated with chromosomal abnormalities, like trisomy 18. But she said most likely it would resolve itself by the second tri. Regardless, she recommended the NT scan (which we probably would have done anyway). Long story short, we had the scan today, and they couldn’t find a cyst! And the baby’s neck measurements looked fine. We still have to wait for my blood work results, but so far, things are looking great! Feeling very relieved today.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Any fun plans?

So sorry you had that scare I am glad things are looking better. I hope everything is smooth sailing for you from now.

Springy- I did travel back home already Thanks for asking. I got the first long flight done and have my short one tomorrow we did a layover for a few days to visit family. The flight was horrible I had a stuffy nose ad headache the whole time and the food was awful and these days i'm hungry all day long so I had cookies most of the flight. That being said baby was kicking a good part of the flight and today I really felt some big jabs from her I think that will give me peace of mind till I go in for my checkup next week.

How is everyone feeling?Have your bellies popped yet?

Do any of you still have m/s? Mine started in my 5th week, I started throwing up in my 10th week. I'm almost 15 weeks now and it's still not getting better. Maybe I'm one of those lucky few who are sick throughout their pregnancies. I only throw up once a day, in the afternoon/evening but it's still very disturbing. I even lost some weight between dr's appointments.

My tummy hasn't popped yet though I think there's a tiny hard buldge in my pubic area so maybe it's starting now. The baby has around 10 cm, where is she hiding???

Do any of you still have m/s? Mine started in my 5th week, I started throwing up in my 10th week. I'm almost 15 weeks now and it's still not getting better. Maybe I'm one of those lucky few who are sick throughout their pregnancies. I only throw up once a day, in the afternoon/evening but it's still very disturbing. I even lost some weight between dr's appointments.

My tummy hasn't popped yet though I think there's a tiny hard buldge in my pubic area so maybe it's starting now. The baby has around 10 cm, where is she hiding???

I def do. It didn't start til 6 weeks for me then has just gotten gradually worse. Finally at 13 weeks my doctor gave me some nausea meds do I don't think I've puked at work in at least 4 days ;- p

Mine started at 6 weeks and is still there though not as often thankfully. I'm expecting it to go in the next week or so.

I am one of the very lucky ones who has had zero nausea, zero m/s and really zero symptoms other than congestion and headaches off and on. Now that I know all is good with the baby and I can use my doppler every few days I am very thankful for my lack of symptoms.

Seoul - my belly has popped and I do look pregnant in certain outfits. Others I still just look fat .... my Mom looked at me straight on yesterday and said I didn't really look pregnant which upset me and I turned sideways and she said "oh from that angle you do look pregnant" so for me it depends a) what I am wearing and b) the angle you look at me. I'm pretty sure in my bridesmaid dress next weekend I will look just "fat" and not "pregnant"

Springy, my bump is about the same as yours - it depends on what I am wearing whether I look fat or preggo.

Katy, I still take meds for nausea everyday but I am also still on a lot of hormones, so not sure if it is true ms. I lost several pounds before the meds but now I am back to the same weight as I was when I got pregnant.

Anybody feeling the baby move yet? I can't tell if it is baby or my gurgley stomach.

When I was 13+1 I felt what I can only describe as bubbles popping...nothing since. I was lying quietly on my side - I like to think it was the bug, early I know but I have never felt anything like it.

I didn't really get any morning sickness. I felt nauseous and had an upset stomach for a while but no throwing up. I thought with twins the sickness would be horrible.

As for movement. I have felt a few little nudges here and there. Nothing within the past few days but early that is normal I guess. To me right now they feel like bubble popping but the last time felt like a nudge. I'm looking forward to the big ones and when they are constant.

10 days until my next scan and fx they can see the genders of the babies!

I felt pokes at 14 weeks flutters at 13. I get at least 2+ pokes a day now, day before yesterday I got 7 in a span of 10 mins :cloud9: but she hasn't been that active since then. I still doppler from time to time especially when I wake up feeling distinctly not pregnant. This is my 3rd pregnancy to, with my first I felt him in the 15th week. I have a bump in the morning I just look chubby by night it looks like a baby belly but a small one.

I'm sorry for those of you who also still have m/s but it's kind of comforting I'm not alone in my misery :winkwink:.
I haven't thrown up in the past two days so maybe it will get better.

I haven't felt any movement yet. I did feel a bubble about a week ago but I think it was just my bowels. This baby is my first and I still have time to feel her move.

I started feeling movement about a week ago I think. Over the past day or so it has been more constant. At first I thought it was just gas or something but after a few times you can tell the difference.

Yay for no ms! Mine seems to be fading now to though my son decided to have a poo-nami in his room yesterday and got it everywhere hubby had to clean as just the smell from the room had me in the most violent dry heaving thankfully I had nothing in my stomach so no vomit otherwise it would have been a different story.

Anyone still getting painful gas? And or sore achey bump most days?

I'm not quite 12 weeks yet, but my ms is still raging. Still throwing up daily and feeling sick most of the time. I'm really hoping it will let up soon, but we'll see.

About feeling the baby, the u/s tech at my NT scan said I would probably not feel the baby as early as some people based on the position of my uterus for this pregnancy. Has anyone else been told something like that, or maybe even the opposite? I thought it was interesting.

s08 I'm sorry to hear you're also still being sick :(

My OBGYN said for a first pregnancy most women wont feel anything till after 20 weeks and the earliest would be around 17 weeks so honestly I am not even paying attention. I also know my sister was late feeling her first - 22 to 23 weeks so as long as I have a HB on my doppler I am not getting worried or anxious. Also I have a few extra pounds on me and they say that women who carry extra weight will also feel it later and that thin women will feel it earlier on - I definitely do not feel I fit into the "thin" category anymore!!!

I know my friend who scanned me said I probably won't feel baby A much for a while because of where she is positioned, and she is right I haven't felt anything in that region but can for sure feel baby B and it's in the spot where he is positoned right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->