IVF/IUI March/April Baby Madness!!

Thanks for the info., MrsC. I really hope your concerns are alleviated tomorrow. I don't blame you about your worry though. I TOTALLY freaked out when they might have seen a umbilical cord cyst at my 9 week u/s. Its so weird how in any other scenerio (besides our babies), we'd be thrilled with a 99% chance that everything will be perfect.

Do you know what number they'd be happy about? Mine was 1:520 (which they didn't seem worried about) and I don't really know what number is a concerning risk factor.

Springy-just read your journal and saw what team your on Congrats!!

Seoul, glad everything turned out ok! We never do stop worrying, do we?

s08~ I'm not really sure. I got the call in between switching ob's and of course the lady called me after hours on a Friday night. :dohh: Thankfully I had an appointment with the new ob that next Monday. They didn't say what they like to see the results at. I do know that there is a number that comes along with the results and they like to see that below 4.0. Mine was 4.0 so right at the cut off. The perinatologist should be able to tell me more tomorrow.

Seoul~ I'm so glad everything is ok and you went in to get checked. I don't think any of the worry ever stops. I will never again tell someone not to worry because theses are our babies and we will always worry about them. Plus just saying not to worry makes things a little worse I think. :hugs: Thinking of you and hoping everything continues to be ok.

Hey ladies just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

We have our scan/meeting with the perinatologist tomorrow and then a meeting with the genetic counselor. I don't think I mentioned in here but we got some not so good results from the second half of the testing. Pretty high risk for NTD. I know twin testing isn't very accurate but it's still scary. We got great results on the downs testing so thats good. From now on we are high risk and going to many drs appointments. I'll update tomorrow after the appointments.

Good luck tomorrow!

Good luck with everything MrsC

Springy did you find out the sex? Hope all is well!

AFM had a bit of a scare today had to go into Emergency thought I was leaking amniotic fluid luckily all was perfect and baby is doing great. Have my regular appointment with the OB in the morning so we will see what else she says.

Hope everyone is doing well!

That is scary, I'm so glad it turned out ok! Are you stateside now?

Seoul glad that wasn't the case.

I agree a 99% chance all is good is not good enough when it's our babies. I mean I can at least see where the worry would come from despite the high odds all is well.

Mrsc will they be able to give you a definite answer tomorrow? And I am assuming the 4.0 was the same for both twins? But they're thinking the NTD if there is one is only on one babe? Though they would have to check both cause they wouldn't know which?

Tiff~ I honestly have a big I don't know for an answer at the moment. The lady I spoke with a couple weeks ago didn't say much and honestly I didn't know what to ask over the phone. I'll find out more tomorrow.

Ok well best of luck I hope the babes are well and healthy!

Another girl I chat with on here had the same issue with the risk of an NTD her babe is 18 weeks gestation and they were able to tell her that her babe was ok but I don't know the details. I guess with her the concern was regarding the spinal development so they checked the spine and it was all intact. I hope you can get a very good idea if not a definite answer tomorrow.

Thank you, I hope so as well. It's the first real scan since finding out so I'm sure they will be looking over everything on both babies.

Any news from your appt., MrsC?

s08 thank you for asking. Everything went great. Going to copy and paste from my journal real quick. Sorry if it is a repeat for anyone.

Everything went great today. They are going to still keep a close eye on the babies but they both measured great. Right on track actually. :thumbup: Both babies are head down right now but only baby B would show off today. She moves A LOT!!! Not only that but she's very stubborn. I should have know she was a girl just by that fact. :haha: I go back in 4 weeks for another scan. So on 11/30 and from now on I will have a scan every 4 weeks. I had two scans today. One that was a little over an hour and another that was about 20 minutes. Overall everything is great and they don't know why the results came back the way they did. For now we just keep an eye on them.

Oh and both babies are officially girls!! :happydance: :twingirls:

I fell in love with them even more today. I didn't think that was possible but it happened. Pics of the girls but only B could be seen in 3D because A has her face down and the membrane is literally right on her face.

Tiff~ To your questions from yesterday. The NTD would most likely be on only one baby but if by chance they are identical (which they can be now) it could be both babies. The 4.0 MoM reading is for the 2 of them combined. So of course a singletons reading would be half that. I'm still a little confused but honestly all I need to know is they are doing great right now.

Attachments

• B 3D 3.jpg
    B 3D 3.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 5
  • B 3D 5.jpg
    B 3D 5.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 3
  • A and B profile.jpg
    A and B profile.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 4
That's FANTASTIC news, MrsC! Cute pictures too!

Great news MrsC they are adorable!!!!

Sorry I haven't been on here much ladies! I have been swamped with work so generally get on, check journals and update mine. For those not following my journal we are on team :blue: Found out a week ago Friday, DH is on :cloud9:

Awesome news MrsC!!! I love the pics!

I haven't been on much due to work and fatigue, but all is great with baby and I. As you all know, we found out that there was an 89 % chance that we were team boy at 11 weeks and at 13 weeks we actually seen what looked like male genitals; however, we get our official confirmation on Wednesday, 11/7th during my visit at the perinatologist. I'll be getting the anomaly scan. I can't wait! Although we're pretty sure that it's a boy, I'm still excited about getting that 100% assurance. Can anyone tell me what to expect during the anomaly scan, and how long it takes?

It seems that everyone is doing well, and progressing well. I'm keeping you all in my prayers for a continued healthy and happy 9 months!

Confirmation is definitely a must! I still looked forward to confirmation and we were told girl at 16 weeks. My anomaly scan was about 35-45 mins they check for all body parts, measurements for gestational age, 4 chambers of the heart, kidney function, stomach and all that jazz. It's like a virtual tour of your baby's body.

Confirmation is definitely a must! I still looked forward to confirmation and we were told girl at 16 weeks. My anomaly scan was about 35-45 mins they check for all body parts, measurements for gestational age, 4 chambers of the heart, kidney function, stomach and all that jazz. It's like a virtual tour of your baby's body.

Agreed! We haven't had a sono in a month. We've only been hearing his heartbeat, so I'm so looking forward to his scan with the perinatologist! I'll have to let you all know if the prediction was right or wrong, and post pics.

Desires, glad everything is going well! Keep us updated on the anomaly scan. Ours is at the end of the month and I really don't know what to expect.

I just knew you were Team Blue, Springy! Very exciting! We likely find out sex on Thursday, and both DH and I have a gut feeling we will be joining your team. DH can't make the appointment due to mandatory work training, so my plan is to ask the tech to write down the sex and put it in an envelope. Then, we'll open it together that evening. I thought it would be more fun to find out together. Anyone have a more creative way to find out together?

Hi Ladies! So, the anomaly scan went well today. Our little one is all healthy and developing well! He is already in the vertix position. The scan confirmed that we are definitely 100% TEAM BLUE:blue::blue:!!! Needless to say, DH is sooo excited to be have our first born be a boy, since all of his brothers have girls. This little one will be the first grandson for DH's family. Now, I can't wait to put him in all 29 of his little cute onesies that we've purchased for him.

29 lol!!!! I was like that with my son who was my first lol.

Here's my 20 week bump of our girl <3

Attachments

• tulip20.jpg
    tulip20.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member