IVF/IUI March/April Baby Madness!!

29 lol!!!! I was like that with my son who was my first lol.

Here's my 20 week bump of our girl <3

Yes....29...lol! We couldn't help ourselves. We've decided that we will not buy anymore clothing until he gets here! Aww...your bump is soo cute! Here's a pic of the little guy from today!

Attachments

• Caleb 20 weeks.jpg
    Caleb 20 weeks.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 2
It's a girl, its a girl!!!
The scan went well. We're super excited. I said on the elevator on our way out "that's so exciting" DH said "why cause it's a girl?" I said "no I really don't think that would have mattered, it's just exciting to know" (DH somewhat secretly was hoping for girl, I was a bit more on the fence)

It's a girl, its a girl!!!
The scan went well. We're super excited. I said on the elevator on our way out "that's so exciting" DH said "why cause it's a girl?" I said "no I really don't think that would have mattered, it's just exciting to know" (DH somewhat secretly was hoping for girl, I was a bit more on the fence)

A little girl for you...yay!1 I'm glad everything went well with your scan! I wanted that girl first, but I'm just as happy with my boy!!

Congrats on team :pink: fisher!! I think finding out the gender makes it a little more real.

Fischer yay for team :pink:

S08 - how was your scan today?? What team are you on?!?!

Its so exciting to come on here and see all the gender news. Congrats on :pink: Fisher and :blue: Springy!

We also had our gender scan yesterday and we are also :blue:! DH and I both had a hunch for some reason, so it wasn't a huge surprise. We are obviously thrilled!

I did find out that I will have a echocardiogram for baby at 22 weeks. My OB says it is now recommended protocol for all IVF babies since there is a slight increase in heart problems. Anyone else had a similar recommendation?

I also have to have another scan in a couple weeks at the place I had my NT scan because they saw a little calcium deposit on baby's heart (it had a fancy name I don't remember). I guess that doubles the risk of downs. So, our risk went from 1:20,000 to 1:10,000, so not too bad odds overall. I kind of hate that they are watching me so closely since I had the first tri umbilical cord cyst. Now I'm aware of so many little things that will probably be much ado about nothing...hope so at least.

Opps must have unsubscribed from this thread by mistake!

S08 - I also have to have a fetal echo at 24 weeks due to ICSI IVF. They told me the same story I just made that appointment the other day. I think it is definitly more stressful to have additional scans\appointments for sure. There always seems to be something to worry about!

S08- my doctor called me the other day to suggest the fetal echo i will be having it at 28 weeks. Scared me at first but glad to see it is really a routine thing wi IVF these days! Congrats on being team blue!

Thanks for the responses Seoul and Blue. My OB says the fetal echo is especially recommended for ICSI, but normal IVF (which we did) too. Glad I'm not the only one.

I haven't heard about that but at least it's routine. I'll be having another scan in the next month before I move just need to get a form for it, maybe I'll ask about the echo but I'm ok with a typical growth scan.

Yay for team blue So8

I haven't heard anything about this either. I guess I will ask my OB about it my next visit on the 21st.

Hi Ladies!:wave:

This thread has been silent for some time now, so I thought I'd check on everyone to see how everyone is doing, and progressing in their 3rd trimesters! How's everyone doing? How are you all feeling in the last trimester? Yay!!!

AFM: I was placed on strict hospital bed rest on 12/5 due to an incompetent cervix with 1 cm dilation :sad1:!! Needless to say, I was a upset, and thinking what did I do wrong, although the dr continued to say that there was nothing that I did to make this happen. I was especially upset because I did all that I could to ensure that preeclampsia and gestational diabetes would bypass me so that I wouldn't have to deal with being placed on bed rest. But, low and behold I was being put on bed rest for something COMPLETELY different....REALLY!! I went in for a normal appt with my Perinatologist to find that I'd dilated 1 cm and had an incompetent cervix. I was immediately admitted. During my time of bed rest I spent the majority of my days in the trendelenburg position in bed (feet up head down), a little worried and afriad about my baby boy...fighting and trying to keep him in utero. However, this didn't stop me from dilating to 4 almost 5 cm as of 12/17. In addition, my LO was breech (feet first)...mind you on 12/5 he was in the vertex position, but for some reason decided to turn foot first while on bed rest. Due to my APS (Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome-High blood clotting disorder) I was taken off of my lovenox and switched to heparin in the event that my LO would need to be delivered. I was also give a 2 steroid shots to help the baby's lungs. I was 23 weeks 6 days upon being admitted into the hospital. I was praying that I would keep my baby boy in utero until at least 28 weeks, but that didn't happen. He was born at 25 weeks 5 days on 12/18 at 8:05 AM. He weighed 2lbs 1oz. He is now in NICU, and has been fighting for his life since his birth. It was VERY rocky...up and down for the first 2 and 1/2 weeks if his life. However, now he's stable, progressing well, and doing much better...PRAISE GOD!!! He's 30 weeks today, and will be a month old on tomorrow! :happydance: My baby boy is surely a fighter. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

Oh desires!!!! You've been through a heck of a lot. Of course we'll keep him in our thoughts, what did you name the little guy? So relieved to hear he is stable now <3 and also congrats on being a mommy.

Oh desires!!!! You've been through a heck of a lot. Of course we'll keep him in our thoughts, what did you name the little guy? So relieved to hear he is stable now <3 and also congrats on being a mommy.

Thank you Kelly! We named him Caleb Jordan! I'm soo in love with him...there is nothing greater than being a mommy!!

Desires~ Congrats on your little man! Sounds like it has been a tough road but I'm so glad he is doing well now. He sure does sound like a fighter! Can't wait to see a pic of him if you get a chance. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

DesiresBaby, congrats on being a mom of a little fighter. You've gone through a lot. I wish you and your little guy all the best in the future, especially after such a rocky start.

I was 30 weeks yesterday, too. My little boy is still in utero (a boy, not a girl like it was said at NT scan) and doing well. I can't complain. And I feel great, too. Starting vacation time in a week and maternity leave after that.

I hope the rest of you moms to be are well.

Desires - Wow what a journey you had! I am so happy to hear your little guy is doing well. I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you to go through. Keeping you in my prayers and hope that your baby boy can come home soon

Desires congratulations on the arrival of Caleb, even if it was super early! He is a fighter and I'm sure the staff in the NCIU are doing everything to help him. I'll be sending you lots of love, prayers and positive thoughts for you and your little guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->