IVF/IUI March/April Baby Madness!!

33 week bump pic!
In our work-in-progress nursery. We're working on it I swear!

My pelvis feels like it has been blown apart in the last two weeks. It pops when I go upstairs or flip in bed. It's incredibly difficult to get comfortable even with my little SI joint band I got for support.

How's everyone else? I'm starting to reeeeeally hope my belly measuring steadily two weeks ahead since they started keeping track with the tape measure will work in my favor and she'll be two weeks early. I'm starting to be preeeeetty uncomfortable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 10
fisher - sorry your uncomfortable, I think it is how a lot of people are feeling these days! :dohh:

^ Yeah I'm pretty much the same fisher, uncomfortable and my pelvis hurts, I have mild SPD so I just take it easy but I'm stubborn and still try to get a zillion things done in a day. Nesting nesting nesting. I'm also hoping mine comes a few weeks early to but I'm measuring a week behind fundal height, I was measuring up to 4 weeks behind with my son and he came at 40+4.

How is everyone else?

Looking great Fischer!!!

I too am very uncomfortable now - swelling in my hands and feet, well actually everywhere as I notice it in my arms and calves too!! And my lower back is aching all the time now :(

I had a scan a few weeks back and baby was 4 lbs 12 oz so 59TH percentile so measuring on track to be a "good" sized baby! Had my GBS swab last week and will get those results on the 20th.

Nursery is coming together, crib should be here within the next few weeks and my rocking chair should be here early in March! Honestly I am just READY for this baby to come out. I have decided 37.5 to 39 weeks is the PERFECT time for him to arrive!!

Cute little guy!!! Glad to hear he is doing well. How much does he weigh now?

My little fellow now weighs 5lbs 15oz, although some of his weight in oz is due to a little bit of fluid he has. Nonetheless, he's definitely 5lbs! He's also now taking 1.5oz of milk! He continues to be stable. His little lungs are still catching up, and they're continuing to work on his nutrition, but overall he's doing great!!!

Cute little guy!!! Glad to hear he is doing well. How much does he weigh now?

My little fellow now weighs 5lbs 15oz, although some of his weight in oz is due to a little bit of fluid he has. Nonetheless, he's definitely 5lbs! He's also now taking 1.5oz of milk! He continues to be stable. His little lungs are still catching up, and they're continuing to work on his nutrition, but overall he's doing great!!!

Thanks for the update - do they think he will go home around your original due date? (I know they sometimes use this as a rough estimate). So glad he is doing so well!

Desires that's great news! He's exactly where he should be weight wise for a 36 weeker! I hope he can come home soon with you. Do you have any pics?

Great news, Desires! He really is a fighter! I just went back and read your birth story from a few pages back since I'm dealing with my own pre-term labor issues now (although fortunately later in the pregnancy). I went in for a routine NST last Monday at 31 weeks, 3 days and I was apparently contracting every 3 minutes (I had no idea). I was dialated 1.5 cm, so they admitted me right away. They put me on some pretty nasty meds with horrible side effects. There I stayed until Sunday when they finally released me to strict bedrest at home. I was still 1.5 cm dialated on Sunday, so they think I might just be someone who contracts early but doesn't really progress. Our goal is to get to at least 36 weeks.

So bedrest is not as sweet as it sounds. Poor hubby has to do EVERYTHING, although he's always been good about cooking, laundry, cleaning, so he's handling it. It is quite an adjustment to try to keep up with my work, but luckily I can do a lot from home. My shower last Saturday had to be canceled, but the one scheduled for this Saturday is being moved to my house. It is now a "pajama party" in honor of my bed rest...should be cute I'm hoping.

Sorry for the novel. I hope everyone else is doing well. There is going to be a baby boom in here in no time!

It's looking like he'll be home 42wks+ as his lungs are still inflamed and trying to catch up, and his nutrition is still something that they're working on as well. The Drs initially said he be home somewhere in btwn 40-42wks, but after getting labs and xrays results yesterday they're now saying 42+wks. His protein levels are low, so they are supplementing some of his feedings with a high protein high calorie similac. So, they alternate his feedings btwn the similac and my breast-milk every three hours. Also, due to nutrition problems, he has some edema. As soon as his levels get to where they need to be, the edema will leave. In the meantime, they're giving him diuretics to pull off the fluid. His lungs are taking some time because he had pnuemonia at one point. They've tried him on CPAP twice, but he wasn't quite ready and had to be intubated again both times. But, as I said before he's stable, and is doing well for the most part!! Of course I have a multitude of pictures. Everyone says that he looks like his dad...I think some days that he looks like me...

Attachments

• Caleb1.jpg
    Caleb1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Caleb2.jpg
    Caleb2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Caleb3.jpg
    Caleb3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 6
Aww what a cute little guy!!!!!!

S08 take it easy and keep baby in as long as possible.

Desires, he's perfect. And such a fighter :).

Great news, Desires! He really is a fighter! I just went back and read your birth story from a few pages back since I'm dealing with my own pre-term labor issues now (although fortunately later in the pregnancy). I went in for a routine NST last Monday at 31 weeks, 3 days and I was apparently contracting every 3 minutes (I had no idea). I was dialated 1.5 cm, so they admitted me right away. They put me on some pretty nasty meds with horrible side effects. There I stayed until Sunday when they finally released me to strict bedrest at home. I was still 1.5 cm dialated on Sunday, so they think I might just be someone who contracts early but doesn't really progress. Our goal is to get to at least 36 weeks.

So bedrest is not as sweet as it sounds. Poor hubby has to do EVERYTHING, although he's always been good about cooking, laundry, cleaning, so he's handling it. It is quite an adjustment to try to keep up with my work, but luckily I can do a lot from home. My shower last Saturday had to be canceled, but the one scheduled for this Saturday is being moved to my house. It is now a "pajama party" in honor of my bed rest...should be cute I'm hoping.

Sorry for the novel. I hope everyone else is doing well. There is going to be a baby boom in here in no time!

S08, bedrest is no fun at all! I like you was dilating and contracting with an incompetent cervix and had no idea! Do all that you can to keep baby in utero for as long as possible. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Desires, he's perfect. And such a fighter :).

We fought to conceive him, and he's fighting to get all better! He's been though soo much, but always manages to give mommy and daddy a smile as if he's saying "I'm going to be just fine!"

Thanks, ladies.

Desires, he is adorable! With all you have been through to get him here, he better be good to his mama when he grows up!

Desires - he is SO cute!!

SO8 - I hope you find ways to pass the time, 36 weeks is a great goal!

Desires he is adorable and such a little fighter!!!

S08 sorry to hear about the bed rest :( but better to be safe than sorry! Can't wait to hear about your PJ shower! Have you found any new tv series to watch or some good books to read to help pass the time???

Desires he is adorable and such a little fighter!!!

S08 sorry to hear about the bed rest :( but better to be safe than sorry! Can't wait to hear about your PJ shower! Have you found any new tv series to watch or some good books to read to help pass the time???

Hi Springy! I can't believe you are full term today...so amazing!

I'm still working full time, so that is keeping me pretty busy. And I'm about to start the Downton Abbey TV series, as everyone is raving about it. The dr. confirmed today that she will lift bed rest at 36 weeks, so only 3 more weeks to go! I just hope he stays put that long.

Not surprised they would lift it then. Anytime you are past the 35 to 35 week mark they wouldn't stop labor! So close!!! We could have very similar due dates since I am due in 3 weeks and I think he is super cozy in me and not going to come out anytime soon!!!

Hi ladies!!! Has anyone's little one made their debut, yet? I'm excited for all of you that are due in the next week or so. I can't wait to hear all of your stories!

AFM - My little man is 3 months old as of yesterday, 3/18th! He's now off the ventilator and on the nasal cannula. His little lungs have improved tremendously since starting the steroids a week ago. He's now weighing 6lbs 12oz as of today. He's also up to 2oz of milk each feeding, and is tolerating his feedings well. On yesterday and today, he got the chance to nuzzle and feed at the breast for about 10-15 mins. He did great! His suck and swallow was great, and he didn't choke not once! I'm looking forward to tomorrow. It's such an indescribable experiencing bonding with your baby while they're nursing. Mother nature is something! Hopefully our little guy will be home soon as the drs are giving us little nuggets of information on what to probably expect when he's about to be discharged. I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers, and wishing you all a h&h delivery!!!

Hi Desires, so glad your little man is doing so well!

I know there have been a few deliveries - Huskymom being one of them...Springy and I are both anxiously awaiting our little ones' arrival...not sure about others off the top of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->