IVF/IUI March/April Baby Madness!!

I am on 2cc of pio and 2 estradiol pills daily. My hips are
Pretty sore from the pio. If everything is ok with the ultrasound next week they will switch me to suppositories.

Katy welcome, my due date is also march 28th and my first child a boy was a miracle bfp right before we were due to start IVF!

I'm on endometrin twice a day and esterase twice a day, I am still taking my baby aspirin but pretty sure I can stop it now, I have one pill left so will take that then stop.

Thanks a lot for your warm welcome.

Yes, finding out your only chance might be egg donation is hard. I wouldn't mind not being the biological mother, the baby would be growing inside me, it would be mine without a doubt. But in my country there's a two-year waiting line for a donated egg and the chances are very poor. We would probably have to go to another country and pay for it ourselves (up to 6 IVF procedures are covered by insurance in my country).

I've never had to inject myself with anything but I would be happy to do anything to get my baby. I understand that I can't relate to what you girls have been through during your procedures, but I know it must have been very stressful, both on the mind and the body. I was still looking forward to it myself as I thought I wouldn't even get a chance. High FSH patients are often turned away as the IVF success rate is only about 1% (you don't respond to stimulation).
But enough about that. We're all here, we made it and I strongly believe everything is going to be just fine. It has to be.

Hi K1977! I'm also doing Lovenox. I have to take them due to my blood clotting disorder. I was on coumidan before ttc, and switched to lovenox once we started our ttc journey. Mine sting some times, but I'm used to giving them to myself. Sometimes I bruise, and sometimes I don't. I'm also taking PIO, but my husband has to give me those. He's become a pro!

Oh my goodness my belly is a polka dotted bruise patch too! I'll take it though if it keeps this little one growing!

I'm also doing PIO and estrace orally. I think I stop PIO at 10 weeks and then switch to suppositories for 2 more weeks after that.

Hi K1977! I'm also doing Lovenox. I have to take them due to my blood clotting disorder. I was on coumidan before ttc, and switched to lovenox once we started our ttc journey. Mine sting some times, but I'm used to giving them to myself. Sometimes I bruise, and sometimes I don't. I'm also taking PIO, but my husband has to give me those. He's become a pro!

Oh my goodness my belly is a polka dotted bruise patch too! I'll take it though if it keeps this little one growing!

My belly kind of looks like camouflage with all the bruises in different stages of healing.

I am on 2cc of pio and 2 estradiol pills daily. My hips are
Pretty sore from the pio. If everything is ok with the ultrasound next week they will switch me to suppositories.

I'm real sore too, I wish they would change mine.

I'm also doing PIO and estrace orally. I think I stop PIO at 10 weeks and then switch to suppositories for 2 more weeks after that.

I think this is the same at my clinic.

Diagnosis: Unexplained and Male Factor (?)
How long tic: 3 years
Procedures prior to bfp cycle: Polyp removal and 3 IVFs
Procedure resulting in this bfp: IVF with CCS Testing
Due date: March 15, 2013, so far.

Hello ladies, I am cautiously stepping in. I am about 7 weeks pregnant with a boy singleton (we did CCS testing). This is my first pregnancy. Looking for a supportive group of ladies to support and be supported by during this journey.

I see some of you are on Lovenox. I am as well. I went to have my blood levels tested yesterday via an Anti-Xa test and my blood was too thick, so they are increasing my dosage. I am so grateful we caught that early and I am going to ask to be retested each month. Are any of you doing that?

Hey Blue :wave: - Ug, now that I've read your post above, it seems like they are not stopping my PEO tomorrow and switching me to Endometrim? I really thought they were. My butt is sore and I have these big lumps from the shots (oh so sexy!)

Welcome to everyone new and congrats!

No ms for me today yay, going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Baby huzzah!

Welcome faithful and congrats!! I had polyps removed last year also. No fun. Do you mind if I ask what prompted you to do the CCS testing?

It looks like you have had a long road. I think we can all say the hell of infertility is soooooo worth it when you see that second line :)

Do you mind if I ask what prompted you to do the CCS testing?

There were multiple reasons that we opted for the testing. Mainly we just wanted to transfer the best quality embryo possible as we wanted to limit my risk of being in the hyper-coagulative state of pregnancy over and over. I have multiple clotting factors and on top of that, I am petite (in height, not weight, sigh ...) and there was some concern (with my clotting and size) that I could not carry multiples. My husband and I also felt that at the age of 37 we did not want to risk the chance of transferring a chromosomally abnormal embryo. If the abnormal embryo took, I would be put into the coagulative state unnecessarily and I would also most likely have a miscarriage. We wanted to eliminate that for the physical reasons, and of course emotional reasons too. So there ya go, quite a novel. :)

Exactly!!

There were multiple reasons that we opted for the testing. Mainly we just wanted to transfer the best quality embryo possible as we wanted to limit my risk of being in the hyper-coagulative state of pregnancy over and over. I have multiple clotting factors and on top of that, I am petite (in height, not weight, sigh ...) and there was some concern (with my clotting and size) that I could not carry multiples. My husband and I also felt that at the age of 37 we did not want to risk the chance of transferring a chromosomally abnormal embryo. If the abnormal embryo took, I would be put into the coagulative state unnecessarily and I would also most likely have a miscarriage. We wanted to eliminate that for the physical reasons, and of course emotional reasons too. So there ya go, quite a novel. :)
Makes sense. I had a mc in march due to chromosome issues so considered it but I only had a small number of eggs

Diagnosis: Unexplained and Male Factor (?)
How long tic: 3 years
Procedures prior to bfp cycle: Polyp removal and 3 IVFs
Procedure resulting in this bfp: IVF with CCS Testing
Due date: March 15, 2013, so far.

Hello ladies, I am cautiously stepping in. I am about 7 weeks pregnant with a boy singleton (we did CCS testing). This is my first pregnancy. Looking for a supportive group of ladies to support and be supported by during this journey.

I see some of you are on Lovenox. I am as well. I went to have my blood levels tested yesterday via an Anti-Xa test and my blood was too thick, so they are increasing my dosage. I am so grateful we caught that early and I am going to ask to be retested each month. Are any of you doing that?

Hey Blue :wave: - Ug, now that I've read your post above, it seems like they are not stopping my PEO tomorrow and switching me to Endometrim? I really thought they were. My butt is sore and I have these big lumps from the shots (oh so sexy!)

Hi :wave: Welcome.

My behind is sore and your a couple weeks ahead of me!! I am going to stay on in until 8-9 weeks. I don't know about having more bloodwork done. Technically, my thrombophylia is treated during pregnancy with aspirin and special (expensive) form of folic acid. After three failed cycles and 2 mc (years ago) my doc decided to add to my meds. I also have an appointment in two weeks with the reproductive immunologist which was going to do some more testing so I think I will remain on it until at least then.

What is your thrombophylia? I don't know what Anti-Xa test is. (side note: I am a High-Risk OB nurse). I think you guys obviously made a good decision, sounds like a really long road!! A H&H 9 months to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->