IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Officially in the TWW!!!

Second iui is done!! 76 million sperm. confimred 3 ovulated eggs!!

now to wait....again..

Officially in the TWW!!!

Second iui is done!! 76 million sperm. confimred 3 ovulated eggs!!

now to wait....again..

GOOD luck this month Equal!! I'm rooting for you :)

equal- fingers crossed =) i never did confirm how many eggs i had ovulate.. hopefully we get our bfps together

Started throwing up this evening :argh:

Been feeling nauseous for a few days, but this is the first time I actually threw up ... another symptom to add to my list AND I STILL DONT CARE!

Wow, Urchin! Vomiting started early for you! :shock: Hang in there!

oh crap, now I forgot who asked me when my symptoms started. Sorry! I felt some exhaustion before I got my bfp, but then it all kinda went away. I started upchucking around 7 weeks 6 days.

But as you can tell from the difference between Urchin and me, it varies wildly from one person to the next. And some days I feel great and others I feel like crap, so don't worry if the symptoms come and go either.

Just got my second beta at 21 dpo, its 1990. I'm not sure what's normal but she told me its fine and I will have my ultrasound next Monday.

Just got my second beta at 21 dpo, its 1990. I'm not sure what's normal but she told me its fine and I will have my ultrasound next Monday.

Still higher than mine! Good luck at your u/s!! I can hardly stand waiting!

Doesn't seem like my twins are both in there.:cry: it should have been over 2600 if they are. It hasn't even doubled every other day, I'm so worried.

Still higher than mine! Good luck at your u/s!! I can hardly stand waiting!

Doesn't seem like my twins are both in there.:cry: it should have been over 2600 if they are. It hasn't even doubled every other day, I'm so worried.

I am fairly certain I am down to one myself. I just hope that one continues to grow!!

Anyone heard from Mrs. Bear?? It's been quite some time now.....

I was wondering about Mrs. Bear as well. I did check her journal and she is home. :thumbup:

Sunshine and ILuv I hope both your little ones are still there. :hugs:

Good luck on the 2ww Equal!

AFM... looking into IVF still. Worried about which clinic to go to and trying to figure out their success rates. There seems to be price differences every where I look and I don't know if a lower price is a better thing or not. :dohh: Anyone else who has done IVF or doing it now have trouble deciding on the clinic? If so what made you pick the one you decided on?

I was wondering about Mrs. Bear as well. I did check her journal and she is home. :thumbup:

AFM... looking into IVF still. Worried about which clinic to go to and trying to figure out their success rates. There seems to be price differences every where I look and I don't know if a lower price is a better thing or not. :dohh: Anyone else who has done IVF or doing it now have trouble deciding on the clinic? If so what made you pick the one you decided on?

We worked with 2 clinics. My first 2 kids were with the clinic in a local hospital. My doctor retired and moved shortly after I had my 2nd. When I returned to a new RE in July, it was bad. To say I hated him would be an understatement. The stuff he said was just unreal. He didn't care about my history at all. Definitely cheaper though! We went to the new clinic for my IVF in December. More expensive but the doctor and nurses have been amazing! Even my mom has been happy with the care. So the switch was worth it.

We worked with 2 clinics. My first 2 kids were with the clinic in a local hospital. My doctor retired and moved shortly after I had my 2nd. When I returned to a new RE in July, it was bad. To say I hated him would be an understatement. The stuff he said was just unreal. He didn't care about my history at all. Definitely cheaper though! We went to the new clinic for my IVF in December. More expensive but the doctor and nurses have been amazing! Even my mom has been happy with the care. So the switch was worth it.

Thank you for sharing that. I'm still doing my research but I know we will not use the same clinic as we were using for IUI. Hubby and I were so unhappy there. I have a consult set up at a new clinic for 3/8 but that was for IUI. I did call and tell them we are looking into IVF now and she said we could discuss that instead. So it looks like we will stick with that for right now.

Thanks SquirrelG! I am trying hard to think of bland things to eat ... which isn't easy as I usually eat everything with some kind of rich sauce or gravy. But I think I will need to forego the flavours in favour of something I might be able to hold down :)

Anyone else who has done IVF or doing it now have trouble deciding on the clinic? If so what made you pick the one you decided on?

I went with the recommendation of my NHS consultant ... I'm on her waiting list but it's 4 years long - so she recommended me a few private clinics.
I did a bit of research and in the end went on success rates - which wasn't the same as price at all.
You do have to get a bit canny at interpreting success rates though, and make sure you are comparing like with like.
My clinic has a 60% success rate if they transfer 2 embies - and by success rate they mean a thriving pregnancy at 12 weeks... some clinics count a success rate as a + pregnancy test.

Anyone else who has done IVF or doing it now have trouble deciding on the clinic? If so what made you pick the one you decided on?

I went with the recommendation of my NHS consultant ... I'm on her waiting list but it's 4 years long - so she recommended me a few private clinics.
I did a bit of research and in the end went on success rates - which wasn't the same as price at all.
You do have to get a bit canny at interpreting success rates though, and make sure you are comparing like with like.
My clinic has a 60% success rate if they transfer 2 embies - and by success rate they mean a thriving pregnancy at 12 weeks... some clinics count a success rate as a + pregnancy test.

Thanks I wasn't aware of the fact that some just go with positive pregnancy tests. Theres another question to add to my list. I take it most places like to transfer 2 embies? We are also thinking of traveling for the IVF. I know it would be different but I'm wondering how hard it would actually be to do. I do have some time to get this all figured out but I would like to have a game plan soon.

So this month was not my month :cry: onto next cycle of IUI, hope its second time lucky

So sorry, Tella. :hugs:

Just wanted to share a cautionary tale...

When I tested after my IVF I used an IC. It got a super super super almost not there faint line. For fun I tried a CB Digi which came up positive. The next two days I tested again with ICs and never got a line that I think would have shown in photos.

Well, this morning for fun, I decided to see how dark of a line I would get. I went to the bathroom at 1:30 am, and then collected at 6:15. So plenty of time for HCG to accumulate. Well, .....4 out of 5 of the ICs I dipped came up NEGATIVE! :shock: One came up with a super faint line again. I had one last digi so I dipped that one too, and of course it came up positive.

SO..... I'd say if you are testing early after an IVF round --- It would be worth the money to get a FRER or early response CB Digi or the like. I'm not impressed at all by the ICs. I thought they were supposed to be decent (wondfro brand).

Just don't pin all your hopes on an IC test. I think they are good for POAS-aholics, but when you've spent so much for an IVF cycle, what's another 10 - 20 bucks for some decent tests....

:shrug:

So sorry Tella. :hugs:

OMG Mrs Bear has :baby::baby: How exciting!! :yipee: Can't wait for her to feel better and join us again.

AFM - no clue what's going on. No more spotting. Temps are still above coverline but are all over the place. Lord give me patience. :nope:

Squirel > I've had a beta test done today not a hpt :( so chances of a false negative is very slim! Unless it is a very late implanter which I doubt. I just want my AF to show so that we can try again .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->