IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

I just get my beta done at any lab I dont actually go to the clinic for it.

Sniffing and suprafect.. the suprafect is what my clinic uses to suppress and they give it via a nasal spray instead of an injection (replaces Lupron etc)

I don't think that's a nosey question, smile! I don't think I ever had my AMH tested. My FSH was done so long ago that I don't remember specifically, but it was somewhere around 7 or 8, I think.

Hi Smiledreamer - mine were awful: FSH 23ish and AMH around 2-3 (I never remember the exact levels ... but they are pants!) So bad in fact that my consultant told me 'I wouldn't say it was impossible for you to get pregnant from IVF using your own eggs - but if you did, you would be the second woman in the country to do so'

I used donor eggs :haha:

oh very much so SmileD ... I am knitting every cell in his/her body as we speak, and although the blueprint is not my own design, the finished result will be all my own work!

:D

what a lovely way of putting it
a friend of mines sister had donor ivf, she had 2 embies put in,, and ended up being a proud mummy of triplet girls x

oh my! I would have fainted if I was told I was having triplets! What a shock that must have been when you're just praying one would stick!

I no they were all good weights too ad only spent 2 nites in hospital or it could have been 3 lol x

Sunshine, I take my last BC Sun night. I started Lupron last night and am supposed to call the Dr. when my period starts. I'm assuming they will decide when to start stims after AF arrives. I do know that I will be stimming with Follistim and Menopur. I will trigger with Ovidrel and EC is estimated to be on March 1, give or take a few days.

March 1, we'll be cheering you on here!:happydance: I think I did Ovidrel, too. I stemmed with Follistim and Menopur, then ganerlix before ER. Is EC the same as ER?

beta today was 589... The kicker is I have to do one more!!! I totally thought by coming today that I was done. They won't stop until I reach 1500 so that should be Monday. Scan is set for February 22nd!!!

You're going to be there in no time! You don't even need to wait till 22nd. I think my scan is around that time, too, though.

I don't get betas and am feeling very left out!

Wonder why my clinic doesn't do them????????
I have to wait for my scan on 27th to know what's going on in there.

Really? Can't you go to a clinic and just get one?

can i be nosey and ask u ladies what ur amh and fsh resukts are?X

Smiledreamer, my AMH was 1.73 on a scale where 1-3 is normal, I think is the nmol scale. FSH is 5-6, b/c i took it a few times.

Can I ask you ladies how long the process is for IVF? We are thinking of going down this route in June or July depending on the timing because DH works out of country. I'm just not sure of how long it all actually takes from day one of meds.

Yes, EC and ER are the same. Egg Collection and Egg Retrieval. ET is Egg Transfer -- when they put the embryo(s) back.

MrsC, it all depends (sorry!). If you're on the Long Protocol, obviously it's longer than if you were on the Short Protocol. And if you have to go on BC prior to the cycle, that is something to consider in your timeline as well. Probably best to call your clinic and discuss your situation with them.

Thanks squirrel I will have to talk with them. I was thinking it all depends on the person but I forgot about the long/short protocol. Time will only tell I guess!

Ok ladies here is my latest update:

Went in for day 10. 3 good size follices (2.1, 1.9 & 1.7). Was given the trigger shot and will be doing my iui on Feb. 12 & 13. Meaning testing day will be February 29!!!!

Glad too that that everyone else is doing well!

Squirrel: Egg collection, of course! I was wondering what EC stood for! :dohh:

Mrs C: I started my period on 1/10, started stims on 1/11, and tested positive on HPT on 2/3 so the whole process was 24 days, my first scheduled beta was 2/7. However, I had a cycle of IUI before that left me with large corpus luteums so I was on BCP for 21 days but if you don't have any cysts at the beginning, you can jump straight into the cycle. I'm not familiar with the other protocols.

Equal: Sounds very promising, I think 3 is ideal for IUI's. Good luck!!

Equal-Good luck!!!

MrsC-It's all in how you respond too. I started my period in November I think. Retrieval was December 4th. They froze all and I didn't have my transfer until January 27th. So it can take a while.

FXD Equal! :dust:

Lucie - how exciting! FXD :dust:

Hope that everyone else is doing well.

AFM - I've got a temp shift so I may have Oed even though I never got a real good positive OPK (which isn't unusual for me). However I've been spotting since yesterday. Should I be worried?

Hi. 3 days till blood test. 8dp2dt and wondering when i can test at home and hope for a valid result?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->