IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Mobaby - so sorry to hear your news. Just awful I cant imagine how you feel..in my thoughts

MoBaby: I just saw your siggie, I am so so so sorry! I wish I can give you a real hug.:cry:

ILuv: Hang in there, you'll hopefully see the HB on Tuesday!!!:happy dance:

Question: Do any of you guys do acupuncture? I'm doing it now and was wondering when I should stop, I don't really feel that much of a difference and it's a consistent expense every week I don't need.

I had the worst dreams last night, one was of me bleeding out some weird stuff that looked like a fetus. I woke up crying for a good 20 minutes. Okay, I'm off to my Beta, prepared for anything now.

I'm going for my first appt tomorrow. How long have you been doing it? Do you think it helps you relax especially while TTC?

I pulled this information from the place that I'll be going to:

Pregnancy

Regular monthly appointments are recommended through the 1st trimester
During the 2nd and 3rd trimesters, on an as-needed basis

Desperate & Mobaby - I'm so so sorry. :hugs: :hugs: Def not a good day on this thread. :hugs:

So I called the Dr.'s office today to discuss the hives and to let them know AF arrived. They wanted me to come in about an hour later. It was a bit crazy getting someone to cover my class (I teach second grade), but we made it work. The Dr. didn't seem too concerned about my reaction. He just told me to take a benedryl right after taking the shot. He also did a baseline us and informed me that I will start stimming Monday! I will be taking Follistim, Menopur, and have of the Lupron dose I'm taking. I never realized I'd be doing 3 shots a day! Oh well, it will be worth it!!!!

sunshine, I do accupunture once a week and on the days I have the iui its twice a week. I do feel more realed after but also dont know if its working...i also take TCM..well find out in T-minus 12 days if it worked

Taking a quick minute to wave hello to everyone (some I recognize from other threads, and some I don't). I'm currently making my way through the over 1000 posts in this thread since last fall, and just felt like telling you guys how much it's helping me and giving me hope (especially seeing so many recent BFPs).

DH and I had a heart to heart over the weekend, and came to the agreement that we are going to try two more IUIs (this time with monitoring, injections -- the works) at which time, if we're still not pregnant, we'll ask to start the IVF process in May or June. I feel like there is so much I need to learn between now and then, and this thread has been a huge resource.

I've been fighting the feeling hard lately that Clomid and IUIs and injections aren't going to be much help to us (I guess I just don't believe in my heart that we'll be one of the lucky ones) and that we are just going through the motions with trying those things. Now that IVF is on the horizon, I'm feeling hopeful again and that we're that much closer to having a baby one day, and I think DH is, too. It's scary and nerve wracking the think about too, but for the last few days, I think my baseline feeling is hopeful. I hope we don't have to try IVF, but if we do, I'm ready to embrace it if it means we can conceive and add to our family.

A few weeks ago, I was feeling like time was at a standstill and that DH and I might never be pregnant. Now I feel like time is rushing by and I need to scramble to learn everything I can to prepare for maybe doing IVF this summer. I'll probably stick to lurking in this thread (just trying to learn what I can from all of you who are already trying medicated IUIs or IVF), but looking forward to participating in a future March/April/May thread (...although technically, I hope none of you are there to greet me because you all get your BFPs before then and can move on! :winkwink:)

...back into lurkdom... :shhh:

Lucie - sorry about your hives - but stimming from Monday sounds brilliant!

LemonTea - oooo a shadowy lurker who's just knocked on the door and run away! :argh:
Well, it's lovely to have you anyway! I'm glad this thread is helping you... let's face it, assisted conception is daunting - whether it's IUI medicated/unmedicated, IVF, ICSI there's a lot to take in, and a lot to come to terms with.
I'm sure everyone (and if not, then nearly everyone) here, hoped that they would be able to have their children without intervention ... but seeing as we can't, it's great for our generation that there actually are some real options now.
Feel free to lurk all you like - but don't be shy to pop in with questions if you have any, I'm sure between us we will be able to come up with the answers
:hugs:

After being told I will have a miscarriage, I don't think I ever want to leave BnB even if I get a :bfp: sticky. The hope is just too powerful and the support is wonderful! A blessing truly!! (p.s. I am still waiting for AF..I think the progesterone prolongs this stuff.)

Froliky, I totally agree! I love the support on here and all your stories inspire me so much, not only in tic but in life, too.:hugs:

Lucie, I'm so excited for your new cycle!! Hope you have a great cycle that ends with a BFP!

Hi LemonTea - we will still be here when you start! Welcome!:hugs:

AFM, got my Beta today, it was 5232! Phew....! Beanie is still in there. I was so disturbed after my miscarriage dream last night.

im going on vacation. discovered i had two weeks off in a row in march.. quick search of my favorite tour group's webpage.. and im off to belize. i realized that if this cycle works then i might be sick, but.. lots of it is relaxed beach time. i pondered the galapagos but that was on a boat which so wasnt going to happen. i also did the math, if this cycle doesnt work, ill be able to do the next iui before going away.. and regardless ill be happy because im going to the beach

sunshine > I have my first treatment today and gonna give it a shot this month.

:wohoo: that is a great beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those dreams are just he wacko :wacko: hormones! Baby is fine!

Lucie > Glad everything is fine, and that you can start with your meds. WOW 3 is lots but it will definitely be worth it.

LemonTea > :wave: hope you too don’t have to be in those threads for IUI but rather to give inspiration to the newbies to IUI then as you would too have your BFP.

MoBaby > Thinking about you today, hope everything goes smoothly and that you recover quickly :hugs:

drsquid > that sounds fab!!! Enjoy

AFM > Im starting Acupuncture today for fertility but the lady said I should have started about 3 months ago, so she now wants to see me 2/3 times a week till O and then 1/2 times for the TWW. Its is expensive but I just hope it is worth it!!!!!!!!!!!

Morning everyone!

sunshine - I won't pretend to know what those numbers mean, but if everyone else thinks they're good, then that's good enough for me! :D

10 more days til scan day and it's driving me nuts not knowing what's going on in here! Arrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh!

drsquid - have fun in Belize! Much R & R will make baby happy (or egg/follicle but hoping it's the former rather than the later).

Tella - I was considering acupunture too. However, I feel like a massage really helps me. I have noticed the more I can the relax, the more successful the results.

Urchin - Can you do something to help you relax? It looks like the beany is sticking. Stay positive. As everyone said, your numbers look good so try not to worry.

Happy Friday everyone!:happydance:

Urchin, you should go to bed early, it helps the days go by faster. I also like to plan something everyday to look forward to....my scan is FEb 24, I'm also very anxious. Maybe you should plan a date night with DH this weekend.:hugs:

Tella, let me know how you like acupuncture. I haven't fallen asleep last couple times but there were times I was so relaxed during the session I slept the entire time.

My first accu session was 2 hours and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!! The lady is sooooo nice, it feels like i know her for years. We also did cupping, have another appointment on Sunday morning and then 2/3 a week till I O. Shes also gonna help with getting more eggs once i have gotten AF.

Common :witch: get your silly ass to me and leave the other lovely ladies alone :D

I wanted to share this site in case you're looking for a new clinic.

For US clinic success rates:
https://www.sart.org/frame/detail.aspx?id=3893

For UK clinic success rates:
https://www.hfea.gov.uk/

Hi everybody.

I wonder if I could join if you're allow March IUI now?

I'll be having my first donor sperm IUI in the 3rd week of March. DH has azoospermia.

After so long waiting and so much disappointing news these past 8 or 9 months, we are getting ever so excited for next month and can only pray we're lucky quickly (we can only afford 3 tries - the NHS won't fund any IUIs).

Good luck everybody in treatment.

Massive congratulations, Urchin. :hugs: I think I noticed on the first page that you were using donor eggs. Suffering from the opposite problem (ie. we're using donor sperm), I can't tell you how happy I am for you. Due to our own experiences with infertility I plan to donate eggs myself in the future :thumbup:

Just got a call with my test results. Beta was 3 so they think it was chemical. Have to go back for bloodwork on sunday. I really thought this was it. First time in 21 months of ttc that did not have spotting before 11dpo. Well I guess on to IVF in May

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->