IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Wanted to check in and say 'Hi' and let you know I am thinking of you all. I hate that I haven't been able to be on BnB and give you all back all the support you have given me, but you are all always in my thoughts :hugs:

I'm slowly catching up on my back reading now that I can stay on the computer a bit longer before feeling :sick: I'm up to page 190. I'll update the front page once I get fully caught up.

:yipee: to all the BFPs
:hugs: for all the BFNs
:dust: all around

MoBaby - I was so sorry to read about your miscarriage, I know there are no words that will help :hugs: I am glad you have a plan in place and I know you will get your sticky bean soon :hugs:

Mrs. Bear, so glad to see you are doing better. I've been following your journal and can't wait till you're totally back to normal so you can really enjoy your twin pregnancy. Your beanies are already a rasberry!!:hugs: I just read that that is when they become fetuses. Urchin, your beanie, too! :yipee:

Hey Lisa - My clinic warned me against testing early, all the hormones you are on can play havoc ... So I was very good and waited til testing day (which was actually 16 days post transfer - goodness knows how I lasted that long!)
what date is your official testing day?

sunshine - I turn 9 weeks tomorrow (the 9 week ticker says baby has become a fetus) but I have just asked Dr Google, who says it's around 8 weeks :shrug:

Hey Urchin.

thanks for your reply my st date is the 7 and would make it 14 days after egg collection.

wow thats a long time to wait to test i tested at 4 days past 3 day transfer ( way too early) and then today what is 7 days past 3 day tranfer.

what clinic you with i have just been looking into a couple of others cause im not a hundred percent confident with the one im with now :(

Lisa :dohh:
4 days past transfer is waaaaay too early - and even 7 days pt is pushing it a bit!
I'd say, leave it the full 14 days and then you'll have a true picture of what's going on :thumbup:

I went with Care in Northampton - what about you?

i am with herts and essex and i have been reading on other thread and nobody has had a bfp in the last year on that thread

i egg shared and my recipetent got a bfp. i got 20 eggs shared 10 for me out of my 10 only 2 fert did a day 2 transfer 2 cell embie. -- first ivf gutted bfn

egg shared again this time same again 20 eggs ahared doing icsi to overcome the penetration issues still only 3 fert tranfered 2 on day 3 so atleast we got past day 2 8 cell grade 1 being the best and 7 cell grade 2.

i know i should be positive but i just cant be :( scared to get my hopes up!

I know that feeling well Lisa - it's so hard to get your hopes up when you are half expecting to come crashing down again

Care seem to have branches around the country so you'd probably find a branch close to you if you wanted to look into it.
They definitely do egg sharing (my donor was a sharer) so that keeps the cost right down.

I'll keep it crossed for you this cycle, but if it doesn't work out, this could well be the time to jump ship xxx

Blighted ovum question....Does that happen before an embryo is a blast??? Could that be the reason for my empty second sac or is that not possible because the embryo was good at 5 days old?? Just looking into what might have happened other than baby failed to develop.

ILuv,
Not sure whether yours is a blighted ovum but a couple of my humble thoughts:

-it could be blighted ovum because that happens early on though I'm not sure when

-an empty sac doesn't necessarily mean nothing's in there, it just means it's not big enough for the u/s to pick it up (so at some early stage, it stopped developing)

Have you tried asking your dr about that? I'm curious to know, too.

Lucie, congrats! Mrs Bear, welcome back! So glad to hear you're feeling better! My us is tomorrow afternoon, hopefully there will be a good sized follicle or two and they will give me another trigger shot to take with iui#4 this week!

Lucie > Good luck wiht your transfer today!!!

Hope everyone else is coping with the 2WW or those follicles must grow!!!!!!!!!!

AFM > 4DPO, so i still have 8days to go before my Beta. Loving the fact that the acupuncture makes you so content and relaxed about it all. The only thing is, it feels like me IUI was weeks ago already lol and it has only been 4 days :dohh: Atleast its gonna be a busy week so that should help!

hey Iluv - I think a blighted ovum is quite likely ... I don't think it's a name given to an exact diagnosis - more like a description of what happened i.e. that the cells that become the placenta did their thing (giving you the sack) but for some reason the ones which should have become the embryo didn't develop. But I expect the term covers a number of reasons for why this happens. :hugs:

hey Iluv - I think a blighted ovum is quite likely ... I don't think it's a name given to an exact diagnosis - more like a description of what happened i.e. that the cells that become the placenta did their thing (giving you the sack) but for some reason the ones which should have become the embryo didn't develop. But I expect the term covers a number of reasons for why this happens. :hugs:

Thanks for the input! I just want a reason so I can move forward. Yay on being an olive!!!

ILuv,
Not sure whether yours is a blighted ovum but a couple of my humble thoughts:

-it could be blighted ovum because that happens early on though I'm not sure when

-an empty sac doesn't necessarily mean nothing's in there, it just means it's not big enough for the u/s to pick it up (so at some early stage, it stopped developing)

Have you tried asking your dr about that? I'm curious to know, too.

My next appt is the 14th so if it's on my mind then I will ask.

Hello Ladies!

So I can't remember if I got on after my lapo since it was the holidays right after it and we were really busy. Here's a recap...
Lapo on Dec 19th, showed and removed stage 2 endo and clear tubes.

Hubby had been laid off work since Thanksgiving so we were unable to cycle in January and February, plus I don't like to admit it but I needed a break emotionally.

What changed on my break...well DH and I discussed it and I expressed my concerns about not wanting to proceed with anything more than IUI's w injections. FS said it's probably my egg quality that is keeping us from getting preggo. So if we did a perfect IVF cycle we would only have a success rate of 30-40% max.

So...I emotionally gave up on the idea of becoming pregnant. A year ago I would of never been able to just try to move on but 2 months ago it worked. I started trying to exercise and get off the horomonal weight I had gained from the meds I had been on. I have bought Spring clothes (last year I didn't want clothes, I just new I would end up in maternity wear) and focused on my 2 kiddo's that I do have. When my 6 yr old DD asks when will I be a big sister, I changed my typical "daddy and I are working on it really hard" to "We'll just have to see what God wants for us". I started making some home renovations and started shoving the idea of a nursery out of my head. We are applying for a loan to get a pool that I have always longed to have! Remodling our bathroom and one of my biggest changes...I drink coke a cola and only coke a cola. I made the decision over a month ago to stop it cold turkey. You would of thought I had gave up a hard drug. I withdrew for a week and then I was good. Haven't wanted one since! YAY ME!!! ADDICT NO MORE LOL :happydance:

I still keep count of what I think are fertile days and we bd a bit during that time, no 'o' testing or anything like that and I do take several pregnancy tests just to make sure I don't need to call the doc. If I do become pregnant I need to start my lining meds etc.

Saying all of that. I took my usual precautionary pregnancy test Tuesday since 28 days would hit on Saturday. Negative, and didn't think anymore about it. I went bathing suit shopping Saturday, all day Saturday. I got a 40mg Lasix from my MIL and took it Saturday. Figured I was bloaty and anything would help. That was the first fluid pill I have ever taken and man I had to pee that whole shopping trip!

Yesterday, a day late I haven't started yet. Still not concerned. Pretty sure last cycle was about 33 days or so. (Who can ever tell, cycles are still screwy from all the meds I took. ) Decided to take another test yesterday. It was :bfp: immediatly. I was in shock. I got in the car and went to the DG to get more tests to confirm. Pink or blue lines, didn't matter all :bfp:

Then the realization that I took a pill the day before that could have altered the test. I was a nervous wreck for the remaining afternoon yesterday. I googled for hours about diuretics and false positives/negatives etc. Apparently they can cause false negatives and false positives. I went to sleep and woke up early this morning with an idea! What if I didn't take the trash out in the bathroom and my test from Tuesday is still in there. What if I glanced at it too soon and assumed that since the line wasn't immediate that it was just another negative test??? So after I dug thru the trash I found Tuesdays test...Yes there is a faint line on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am calling the RS as soon as they open to confirm everything. Still not sure of this all yet but from the looks of things it looks good. So hard to believe it could be real though. PLUS I have to hope for a VERY sticky bean!

If you read all of that...well Thanks!!! :flower:

:wohoo: :happydance: :cloud9: :happydance: :wohoo:

Congrats!!!! H&H 9 months.
It just goes to show that they doctors are always right, there is always a bit of hope!!!!!!!!

:wohoo: :happydance: :cloud9: :happydance: :wohoo:

Wow, amazing story Kleinfor3! I am so happy for you!

IluvB, I am sorry, I have no idea about your question, as I am not sure what causes a BO (or maybe multiple things can). I think I read that the most common reason embryos stop developing is because they don't have the full set of chromosomes they need to be a healthy baby. :(

Beta is 466. Today is day 30 counting from first day of last period. I can't help but still wonder if the fluid pill altered anything in the blood or urine tests. Have any of you heard of that before? I just don't feel pregnant. The thought of being pregnant can't even sink in to be honest. OMG I need answers!!! :dohh:

Just a quick post ET update. Out of our 9 embies, we had 2 8 cells and 1 over-achiever 12 cell. Then we had 1 6 cell that the Dr. said might be worth freezing and the other 5 were all less and not worth freezing. We transferred the 2 8s and the 12 and will not be freezing the rest.

The Dr. noted my abdomen is pretty distended and it appears I've hyperstimmulated. He wants me to limit my liquid intake to a quart a day.

Official test date is March 15th!

Just a quick post ET update. Out of our 9 embies, we had 2 8 cells and 1 over-achiever 12 cell. Then we had 1 6 cell that the Dr. said might be worth freezing and the other 5 were all less and not worth freezing. We transferred the 2 8s and the 12 and will not be freezing the rest.

The Dr. noted my abdomen is pretty distended and it appears I've hyperstimmulated. He wants me to limit my liquid intake to a quart a day.

Official test date is March 15th!

Goodluck Lucie! Hope all goes well!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"