IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Hi MrsC- so glad to hear your appointment went well- I hope this new clinic is a better fit!

drsquid- yay! welcome back to the tww!

Thanks! ORM really does seem like a great place and I'm so glad we found them.

Just got the ok from the doctor to start lupron Sunday. If ultrasound and bloodwork come back ok then on to FET. Shooting for April 9th. Day after Easter. Yeah.....hope this cycle gets me a +

Good luck! Fx for a BFP!

Hey ladies just wanted to give a quick update. I had my appointment with the new clinic yesterday and everything went so great! We will be so happy there no matter what route we go down. Looks like if our plans work out right we will do all the testing again in April and then in June start meds. DH has his appointment when he gets back from Afghan in April. Until then I will just kinda be lurking around on this thread and getting back to cheering you all on!

I hope you all are doing well :hugs:

That all sounds like positive news MrsC ...Everything is so much easier to handle when you finally have a date penciled in... I know it was driving me nuts when I kept being told '3 months' by the clinic, by gum it was the longest 3 months I've ever experienced!

AFM the next thing in my diary is my first midwife's appointment on Tuesday, which I'm really looking forward to - but I might have already mentioned it! :flower:

Thank you and it is much easier with a plan. It's nice to have it all on paper and in front on me. Good luck at your appointment.

Found out the other day that my insurance finally covers something. They cover acupuncture so that should help out a little bit. It's nice to know that I can at least get a break on something since nothing with IVF is covered. We also found out that hubby might have to have a TESE done with IVF. So we will be looking at IVF/ICSI/TESE. Has anyone in here had to have this done?

Hi Care - I think the test is one you send through the post - if I had a spare £180 I'd definitely do it (if only to stop Mrs Urch-In-Law spending the rent on two of everything!)

I am on progesterone pessaries and Estradiol tabs right up to week 12. Pessaries are 2 twice a day 800mg total, and tablets are 6, three times a day 12mg total.
I was told that I will just stop cold turkey as the placenta will be doing all the work by then - but not to worry if I run out in week 11 ... if I do that, I should just stop a little early

Glad you get something on your insurance MrsC - the cost of everything really stacks up when you are paying it all yourself (our IVF was £6,000 altogether!)

AFM - I got a full night sleep last night! Went to bed at 9 and didn't wake til 6 .... and I feel FAB!

MrsC8776: "Found out the other day that my insurance finally covers something. They cover acupuncture so that should help out a little bit. It's nice to know that I can at least get a break on something since nothing with IVF is covered. We also found out that hubby might have to have a TESE done with IVF. So we will be looking at IVF/ICSI/TESE. Has anyone in here had to have this done?"

I thought the TESE was only for those who don't have very many sperm (or any) in ejaculate. If you have had enough for IUI then why would your DH need TESE?? Just wondering. It may not be necessary. My DH has like literally 20 sperm per ejaculate (sometimes more, 2 occasions where he had 500,000 and 600,000) and we have not had to do the TESE. We did have to go for a few frozen as backup. We did do ICSI though and always had enough.

MrsC8776: "Found out the other day that my insurance finally covers something. They cover acupuncture so that should help out a little bit. It's nice to know that I can at least get a break on something since nothing with IVF is covered. We also found out that hubby might have to have a TESE done with IVF. So we will be looking at IVF/ICSI/TESE. Has anyone in here had to have this done?"

I thought the TESE was only for those who don't have very many sperm (or any) in ejaculate. If you have had enough for IUI then why would your DH need TESE?? Just wondering. It may not be necessary. My DH has like literally 20 sperm per ejaculate (sometimes more, 2 occasions where he had 500,000 and 600,000) and we have not had to do the TESE. We did have to go for a few frozen as backup. We did do ICSI though and always had enough.

Well it's kinda sad but DH had a VR and things were good for a while. We were able to freeze what he had and thats what I used for IUI, samples are gone now. We have now found out that it has healed up so it makes IVF a must unless we go down a different route such as donor.

MrsC - glad your consult with the new clinic went so well. sorry to hear about DH needing tese now but at least it is something they can address since you were already planning on IVF. Not much longer now :thumbup:

ILuv - I feel the same way about the PIO. My butt is SO sore. I keep telling myself it won't be for much longer. Some days isn't so bad but some days it REALLY hurts bad :dohh: Oh well, all worth it in the end...

Good luck to everyone getting started or in the tww :dust:

Re: the downs testing question. I don't know that I would do anything like amnio just due to risk of miscarriage. I know it would be hard to raise a downs baby but I also can't see myself terminating a pregnancy for that reason. Especially after seeing them moving around on screen my last ultrasound. I'm sure they will try to get me to do it due to age and everything but I don't want to risk the miscarriage, even if the risk is super small.

I apologize for not getting the new ladies added to page one yet - still get nausea from being online :sick:... I will try to get it updated soon :flower:

Well it's kinda sad but DH had a VR and things were good for a while. We were able to freeze what he had and thats what I used for IUI, samples are gone now. We have now found out that it has healed up so it makes IVF a must unless we go down a different route such as donor.

okay makes sense now. im sorry if i missed that before.

okay makes sense now. im sorry if i missed that before.

It's ok, I didn't mention it and I should have. We just found out so I'm trying to find out all that I can. We have no coverage for anything so it makes it a little tough. We will try to find a way to make it work though.

MrsC - glad your consult with the new clinic went so well. sorry to hear about DH needing tese now but at least it is something they can address since you were already planning on IVF. Not much longer now :thumbup:

ILuv - I feel the same way about the PIO. My butt is SO sore. I keep telling myself it won't be for much longer. Some days isn't so bad but some days it REALLY hurts bad :dohh: Oh well, all worth it in the end...

Good luck to everyone getting started or in the tww :dust:

Re: the downs testing question. I don't know that I would do anything like amnio just due to risk of miscarriage. I know it would be hard to raise a downs baby but I also can't see myself terminating a pregnancy for that reason. Especially after seeing them moving around on screen my last ultrasound. I'm sure they will try to get me to do it due to age and everything but I don't want to risk the miscarriage, even if the risk is super small.

I apologize for not getting the new ladies added to page one yet - still get nausea from being online :sick:... I will try to get it updated soon :flower:

I couldn't do it in your case. If one baby is downs and the other isn't, there is no way to terminate just one. So I would lay lie low and just take it as it comes. :hugs:

and I just wouldn't terminate a baby with Downs - I know many fantastic people with learning disabilities (Downs included) and the truth is, people can have fulfilling happy lives - and isn't that what we all want for our children?

So yes, a child with Downs is likely to have a different life path form one with regular chromosomes, but that doesn't make it a poor life, or a non-valuable/valued life

If my child has Downs, then I will raise a child with Downs :thumbup:

and nothing would persuade me to risk a miscarriage with an amnio!

On a brighter note - I'm a 10 week prune today! hurrah! :dance:

Well my u/s and bloodwork is this morning and I'm freaking out that I'm going to have a cyst because I didn't O last cycle. I couldn't sleep at all last night. Probably got a couple hours between crying. I wish that I could stop worrying but what I've read just doesn't sound good. I need a miracle.

^^ Hmmmmm, I always get cysts from fertility meds and it didn't interfere with my ability to O. I just could not do consecutive cycles so the cysts would shrink a tiny bit. Why would it cause you not to O? I hope your tests come back great and you are worrying for nothing! FX

Urch, I googled the blood tests and found that they are only in the UK right now. You can order them online and have them shipped and then you have to ship it back, but I have read a lot of bad things about the company with the BBB. It is about $350, not sure if that includes shipping or taxes but it could easily be over $400 if they need to be added in. As cool as the test sounds, I won't be doing one. I thought it was one your doctors office arranged.

And congrats on being a prune!

OMG! I really can't believe it but there were no cysts and I'm all cleared to start gonal f tonight. I prayed before going into my appt to let His will be done and that I have faith that it will happen for us at His time not mine. I was at peace with this when I went in. My FS could tell that I was emotional and asked if I was okay and of course I started tearing up when he said everything looked good. I was embarrassed and apologized. Between lack of sleep, getting myself worked up for nothing and finding out that my friend who is doing surrogacy for her cousin that can't have children is losing the baby. Holy cow...what a morning.

^^ Hmmmmm, I always get cysts from fertility meds and it didn't interfere with my ability to O. I just could not do consecutive cycles so the cysts would shrink a tiny bit. Why would it cause you not to O? I hope your tests come back great and you are worrying for nothing! FX

My FS wouldn't allow me to do meds and IUI if I had any cysts which is why I was worrying which would mean another LONG natural cycle with Oing some where between CD30-48. That's why I was freaking out but all is well since there are no cysts. YAY! :happydance:

Yippee! I am so glad you are set to go! Awesome news.

I guess since the meds always give me cysts I wouldn't be able to do anything if they didn't let me do it while having cysts. Kind of a catch 22. Thankfully you don't have to worry about that this time!

OMG! I really can't believe it but there were no cysts and I'm all cleared to start gonal f tonight. I prayed before going into my appt to let His will be done and that I have faith that it will happen for us at His time not mine. I was at peace with this when I went in. My FS could tell that I was emotional and asked if I was okay and of course I started tearing up when he said everything looked good. I was embarrassed and apologized. Between lack of sleep, getting myself worked up for nothing and finding out that my friend who is doing surrogacy for her cousin that can't have children is losing the baby. Holy cow...what a morning.

That is wonderful, you finally get to go back on track!
Sorry to hear about your friend.

and I just wouldn't terminate a baby with Downs - I know many fantastic people with learning disabilities (Downs included) and the truth is, people can have fulfilling happy lives - and isn't that what we all want for our children?

So yes, a child with Downs is likely to have a different life path form one with regular chromosomes, but that doesn't make it a poor life, or a non-valuable/valued life

If my child has Downs, then I will raise a child with Downs :thumbup:

and nothing would persuade me to risk a miscarriage with an amnio!

On a brighter note - I'm a 10 week prune today! hurrah! :dance:

I agree! Couldn't do it!!!! :hugs:

Urch, I googled the blood tests and found that they are only in the UK right now. You can order them online and have them shipped and then you have to ship it back, but I have read a lot of bad things about the company with the BBB. It is about $350, not sure if that includes shipping or taxes but it could easily be over $400 if they need to be added in. As cool as the test sounds, I won't be doing one. I thought it was one your doctors office arranged.

And congrats on being a prune!

That's odd - cuz when I googled it I only found one UK company that does it - the rest were in America!

Bastet - glad to hear you are cyst-free and good to go, but sorry to hear about your friend, that must be dreadful for everyone involved xx

Iluv - glad it's not just me :hugs:

BAstetgrrl, So excited for you! Horray to no cysts, I remember I was waiting for my corpus luteum to die down for the longest time before IVF and eventually gave up and started anyway b/c FS said it should have no bearing since it's not producing hormones at that point.

ILuv, how was your scan today, did you have one?

Urch, I am not sure if I can terminate based on DS but I guess I probably want to know so I can better prepare myself for it. I really really really really really hope none of us would have to deal with anything like that. Group hug for good luck:hugs:

I understand that sunshine :hugs:
Trouble is, I don't think it would help me prepare - only the amnio will tell you for sure, all the other tests give you a likelihood.
The midwife yesterday said that High risk equates to 0.05% ... so really, huge amounts of women given a High result will have worried unnecessarily :shrug:

But each to their own - if it helps, then it helps! XXX

BAstetgrrl, So excited for you! Horray to no cysts, I remember I was waiting for my corpus luteum to die down for the longest time before IVF and eventually gave up and started anyway b/c FS said it should have no bearing since it's not producing hormones at that point.

ILuv, how was your scan today, did you have one?

Urch, I am not sure if I can terminate based on DS but I guess I probably want to know so I can better prepare myself for it. I really really really really really hope none of us would have to deal with anything like that. Group hug for good luck:hugs:

Thanks for thinking of me! It's in the morning actually. I should be in bed but here I sit finishing up the dishes and computer time. LOL I'll post when I'm back. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->