IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Hey ladies just wanted to give a quick update. I had my appointment with the new clinic yesterday and everything went so great! We will be so happy there no matter what route we go down. Looks like if our plans work out right we will do all the testing again in April and then in June start meds. DH has his appointment when he gets back from Afghan in April. Until then I will just kinda be lurking around on this thread and getting back to cheering you all on!

I hope you all are doing well :hugs:

just got another us... follicles are gone.. apparently best bet is if iui is within 6hrs of ovulation... yay, fingers crossed

Hi MrsC- so glad to hear your appointment went well- I hope this new clinic is a better fit!

drsquid- yay! welcome back to the tww!

That sounds great Mrs.C!

Woot woot Dr! Is the tww driving you crazy yet?

Urch, my DH and I decided not to have any screening either. I mean at this point I just want to get past the first tri and then the second. I will gladly take my routine scans just to make sure baby is still growing and has a beautiful heartbeat, but that is all. Oh, except the gender. We will definitely be finding out.

nah., im working all weeknd which will suck but distract me.. spend mon and tues hanging with some visiting friends and then i fly to belize tuesday night/wed am.. where i will wish for time to slow down as much as possible

Just got the ok from the doctor to start lupron Sunday. If ultrasound and bloodwork come back ok then on to FET. Shooting for April 9th. Day after Easter. Yeah.....hope this cycle gets me a +

Hey ladies just wanted to give a quick update. I had my appointment with the new clinic yesterday and everything went so great! We will be so happy there no matter what route we go down. Looks like if our plans work out right we will do all the testing again in April and then in June start meds. DH has his appointment when he gets back from Afghan in April. Until then I will just kinda be lurking around on this thread and getting back to cheering you all on!

I hope you all are doing well :hugs:

That all sounds like positive news MrsC ...Everything is so much easier to handle when you finally have a date penciled in... I know it was driving me nuts when I kept being told '3 months' by the clinic, by gum it was the longest 3 months I've ever experienced!

just got another us... follicles are gone.. apparently best bet is if iui is within 6hrs of ovulation... yay, fingers crossed

Squiddy, that's fantastic! will keep everything crossed for you :happydance:

Urch, my DH and I decided not to have any screening either. I mean at this point I just want to get past the first tri and then the second. I will gladly take my routine scans just to make sure baby is still growing and has a beautiful heartbeat, but that is all. Oh, except the gender. We will definitely be finding out.

Oh yes, we will find out the gender too - I'm absolutely dying to know! There is a blood test that will tell you from as little as 7 weeks and I really want to do it - but Mr Urch thinks £180 is a bit steep (and he's probably right!) ... I tried suggesting we should do it for his mum's sake - she's currently buying up everything in 2's, 1 pink and 1 blue....must be costing her a fortune!

Just got the ok from the doctor to start lupron Sunday. If ultrasound and bloodwork come back ok then on to FET. Shooting for April 9th. Day after Easter. Yeah.....hope this cycle gets me a +

Woo hoo! another one with a date penciled in - fantastic news Desperate xx

AFM the next thing in my diary is my first midwife's appointment on Tuesday, which I'm really looking forward to - but I might have already mentioned it! :flower:

9 weeks into PIO shots and I seriously can't do this anymore! The bumps, bruises, knots and sores are unbearable. As soon as dh plunges, I can tell the area is tender and it hurts something awful. 3 more weeks and I will gladly throw them all away for good!

Urch, that is funny. Yes, you better think of her pocketbook! I didn't know there was a blood test for gender?! I have never heard of it.

Yay Desperate! Just around the corner too.

ILuv, I can totally relate. For the first couple months I had big welts that were so itchy I couldn't think of anything else. Now the welts have gone down a and are big purple spots that are hard. I almost pass out if I give myself the shot now (and it never bothered me before), and now my husband hates doing it because my skin is so hard he has a harder time getting the needle in. And it hurts now where it didn't before. So I can totally relate to you. (((Hugs)))

At the same time, my doctor has me starting to taper off (today) until 12 weeks and it scares me. I think I would rather keep going every day for peace of mind. I stop estradiol as well today cold Turkey.

Have a read of this Care:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-14457670

Now, I am sure that there are people who will abuse this (and tbh anyone who would terminate based on gender don't deserve a child in my books - apart from those with gender-linked inherited diseases of course) .... but for people like me, who really don't mind which, but just want to know, I think it would be ace!

hrm.. id def want to know genetic info (ie downs, other trisomys etc) but/. gender.. i do NOT want to know til they pull that baby out (though that means ill have to be careful at the us cause i read them all day at work)..

9 weeks into PIO shots and I seriously can't do this anymore! The bumps, bruises, knots and sores are unbearable. As soon as dh plunges, I can tell the area is tender and it hurts something awful. 3 more weeks and I will gladly throw them all away for good!

When are you suppose to be done with them?

Other ladies who are taking estrase and progesterone, I often wonder what we'd do if we don't take them, would our hormones plummet? Are there ladies who have miscarried when they went off of it? It really concerns me as I've been doing up to 3 suppositories a day and 2 estrase.

Nope, haven't ever heard of the test Urch. Maybe I am just out of the loop, but I have lots of friends and family that have had testing and none mentioned this. I can't even comprehend that people would abort because of gender though...

Dr, you are going to have to look away during your scans and can't take pictures home! Don't want to spoil the surprise.

Sunshine, I am also very worried since today is my first day of no estradiol (estrace) or progesterone. I don't take any more estrace but on monday I take my progesterone suppositories and injections, then nothing again for two days then back to progesterone. It freaks me out since I haven't had blood work to test my levels.

As for miscarriage, I think it happens earlier before the placenta is fully formed. Before that your ovaries or corpus luteum are responsible for progesterone production, but once the placenta is fully formed it should be producing it (I think this is what I read). I believe the placenta is completely formed until 12 weeks, but I see a lot of women (I have done a lot of googling on this) go off the hormones before the 12th week. Lots at 9, 10, and 11 weeks, but not as many at 8 which freaks me out. I am not sure how many miscarry after stopping (if their bodies don't produce enough naturally), but I read about one woman who went off them and in two days her levels went crazy low. They had to slowly wean her off after that.

When do you stop?

Care, I am on it the whole first trimester, which for my dr is 12 weeks. You're already going off of it? You sound like you are slowing going off of estrace. What were your last levels?

Care, I am on it the whole first trimester, which for my dr is 12 weeks. You're already going off of it? You sound like you are slowing going off of estrace. What were your last levels?

The estradiol I stopped cold turkey (but I cheated and took one this morning, I normally take 2 in morning and 2 at night). Progesterone is every 3 days. I have no idea what my levels are, my clinic is in Mexico and my OB never took blood. I am going to ask him to on wednesday when I go, but by then I will already have been off it for days. :shrug:

You should be completely fine by 12 weeks!

When are you suppose to be done with them?

Other ladies who are taking estrase and progesterone, I often wonder what we'd do if we don't take them, would our hormones plummet? Are there ladies who have miscarried when they went off of it? It really concerns me as I've been doing up to 3 suppositories a day and 2 estrase.

12 weeks....still no end date for the Estrace and patches but I know I was off those early with DS's pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->