IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Hi everybody.

I wonder if I could join if you're allow March IUI now?

I'll be having my first donor sperm IUI in the 3rd week of March. DH has azoospermia.

After so long waiting and so much disappointing news these past 8 or 9 months, we are getting ever so excited for next month and can only pray we're lucky quickly (we can only afford 3 tries - the NHS won't fund any IUIs).

Good luck everybody in treatment.

Massive congratulations, Urchin. :hugs: I think I noticed on the first page that you were using donor eggs. Suffering from the opposite problem (ie. we're using donor sperm), I can't tell you how happy I am for you. Due to our own experiences with infertility I plan to donate eggs myself in the future :thumbup:

Hey everybody

Sorry to repost this, but I think I got missed from the front page when I posted it in mid-February. Could I be added please?

First DIUI cycle has started now :happydance: The IUI itself is likely to be on 26 March with AF or BFP due Easter Sunday!

ILuvBabies > GL with the scan, cant wait for a picture!

AFM > OK, my 2nd IUI was a bust another :bfn: for me. Im now considering IVF, as im paying everything out of pocket i need to decide if im gonna take another chance with IUI with injectables @ 15-20% success rate or am i gonna go for IVF wiht ICSI and have 70% success rate. To me the numbers side wiht IVF even though it is more expensive, my mom is helping with the costs of it so it helps alot. Luckily im the only child and she wants a grandchild.

So i pray my AF will come on Saturday, 3 days after the last progesterone tablet same as last month which will put my on CD3 on Monday, my FS has already said he will go to IVF without doing a 3rd round of IUI if it is my wish.

Do you girls have any input for me, please i need some objective input, I have to decide what I want to do by Thursday/Friday the latest.

Oh my gosh at all of the BFP we have on here! How exciting :happydance: Very inspiring for all those still waiting for their BFP.

I started posting in the March pregnancy after loss thread and I like it there but I miss it here. I was reading up on old posts and so had the 'omg that's so what I was wondering'. I am going to hang out on this thread as well. There seems to be alot of things that we're all going thru together!:hugs:
I'm still in disbelief over my BFP.

Dr Update from Yesterday-
HCG-17,657.5, last hcg check was 8 days before at 466
*I did the calculator online and it's doubleing every 36 hours, does anyone think that's a bit high?? I hope everythings ok :shrug:**
Progesterone-28, went down from a 30 8 days ago. They increased my dosage to 200mg daily
**A note on the progesterone- I asked the morbid question...If I had a m/c would I bleed and the nurse said probably not. Just fyi for anyone else who may be wondering.**

They said we 'should' see a hb next week. So of course I am hoping and praying and worrying myself sick over the appt next week. Hope I can reach that milestone. With my other 2 m/c I never saw a hb and they occured in the 6th week.

:hugs: to all the BFN, don't loose faith. It CAN happen!
:flower: Congrats to all the BFP!

ILuvBabies > GL with the scan, cant wait for a picture!

AFM > OK, my 2nd IUI was a bust another :bfn: for me. Im now considering IVF, as im paying everything out of pocket i need to decide if im gonna take another chance with IUI with injectables @ 15-20% success rate or am i gonna go for IVF wiht ICSI and have 70% success rate. To me the numbers side wiht IVF even though it is more expensive, my mom is helping with the costs of it so it helps alot. Luckily im the only child and she wants a grandchild.

So i pray my AF will come on Saturday, 3 days after the last progesterone tablet same as last month which will put my on CD3 on Monday, my FS has already said he will go to IVF without doing a 3rd round of IUI if it is my wish.

Do you girls have any input for me, please i need some objective input, I have to decide what I want to do by Thursday/Friday the latest.

What is the price difference there between another IUI cycle and an IVF cycle?

IUI with injectables which will be next will be R6000 ($1000) and for IVF R25 000 ($3500) and after considering the success ratio, I'm siding with IVF. I'm kinda 95% on the IVF wagon already, must just call the clinic and change the treatment plan tomorrow!

On which did you get ur bfp?

GL with your scan, I can only imagine how you feeling. Fx'd every will be fine with bean and u will have you forever baby!

Tella- If that's the price difference and those are the odds...emotionally I'd be ready to see the BFP. I'd side with the IVF as well. That's great odds.

For my BFP. I had my last IUI in November and of course BFN. I had laparoscopy and they removed my level 2 endo and we were saving up $$ to cycle again this month when I got my natural BFP. It's amazing. The clinic said another girl that has the same name as I do got her BFP the next cycle after her endo removal too. We had been trying for about 13 months.

Goodluck, let us know what the clinic says and what your next steps will be :)

Silverbell- welcome! Mrs Bear updates the front page and she's been pretty ill, so it may take a bit!

Tella-so sorry to hear about your BFN. I would probably lean to IVF if I were in your shoes. The price difference between IUI and IVF for you isn't too bad! We've done 4 IUIs and if this one doesn't work (Beta on Monday, hope hope hope!) we're going to start saving up for IVF. For us it made sense to do so many IUIs because each IUI was around $5-600, but IVF is going to be anywhere from $6-15k depending on what kind of program we go with.

Silverbell- welcome! Mrs Bear updates the front page and she's been pretty ill, so it may take a bit!

Thank for your letting me know and I'm so sorry to hear about Mrs Bear :nope: Sending her lots of well wishes.

Tella - if you can afford the IVF, then tbh I would go for it. The odds are so much better, which really is the most important thing....so, take your mum up on her kind offer and go for it hon! :thumbup:

Counting down the sleeps til my 12 week scan: 12 to go :happydance:
It is still possible that the NHS might come through with a 12 week scan for me but tbh, if it's even delayed by a week I'd rather pay private than stress for any longer than necessary!

Tella - I would personally go with IVF (which I am in May) The disappointments of BFN after all these IUI's and money spent is awful. I think that with those odds you should switch sides. I forget what is your infertility issue?

Silverbell so exciting! FX for you!

Tella, I am sorry about your bfn. (((HUGS))) I would go for the IVF, that is a great price! It is much more than that for meds only around here, plus the IVF cost.

We were given a really low success rate for IUI and that was 10 years ago (or more). So when we lost our boys, we went straight for ivf. I know a lot of women that have had like 8 failed IUIs and age was a factor for us so we didn't want to wait.

ILuv, I have been thinking of you today! Hope your U/S went great!

Urch, the article said that only the UK does it, but after doing more googling I think they meant doctors and clinics won't offer it since some US companies do it. I don't think the government wants the tests done.

Had our second U/S today and our little babe was doing perfect! Measuring at 8w6d (I am 8w5d) and HB of 180 bpm. I was told the heartbeat suggests a boy (not by the doctor by a friend).

Won't have another U/S until 20 weeks! I don't want too many, but I need to know the little babe is ok. I might need a doppler.

Tella, Here's how I saw it. I did 1 round of IUI and thought to myself, doing another round of IUI will not increase my odds of getting a BFP, it will still be that same low probability, theres even the probability of 0 if there's something I don't know. I think with IVF, I felt like we're bypassing a lot of the problems and if it still doesn't work, it certainly wouldn't have with IUI. That said, I also didn't want to wait too long for my 1st one. I think next time, we may try naturally a few times before going for the frozen embies. I don't want to sway you one way or another because obviously the decision is yours to make and is dependent on your resources, personal preferences, and religious beliefs. I just wanted to give you my thoughts on it. Know that in the end, we'll be here to support you no matter what. IVF is hard but having you guys for support really made it 800x better.

Kleinfor3, congratulations! I wonder if you're having 2???

Care, so happy to hear about your scan. That's so exciting you're a day ahead!

Urchin, I can't wait for you to do your 12w scan, your baby will have grown a ton! Please don't leave us though. :hugs:

AFM, I had my scan today, also my last scan with RE. I saw the little one waving arms and legs! It was so cute! CRL measured 9w2d and HB was at 180bpm. Bad news though, I have a mutant copy of MTHFR! When I had my bleed they put me on a mega dose of folic acid in case I had it and I went and got labs that just came back. I guess 1 copy is better than 2 but I really don't know much about it so now will be relying on dr google to find out more. Any info from you guys will be wonderful, too.

Well we went in today to a nightmare. Baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks and there was.no heartbeat. We went to the.hospital to confirm. The pain is more than imaginable. I just want to go with it... :(

Oh no Iluv, I am so so sorry to hear that. :cry: Wish I could do more than give you an electronic hug. :hugs:

Hi ladies just checking in :hi:

Sliverbells good luck on the 2ww!

Tella sorry again about the BFN. I did reply on another thread about what I think you should do. :hugs:

Urchin I hope the next 12 sleeps go by fast for you!

Care it sounds like everything is going great for you. :thumbup:

Sunshine I don't know anything about MTHFR and when I went to look it up I couldn't understand a thing. :nope: I hope everything works out.

ILuv I'm so sorry, I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. I hope you have tons of support in RL. You know you have it here with all these lovely ladies. :hugs:

Sorry if I missed anyone and I hope the rest of the ladies on the 2ww are doing good. :flower:

ILuv, I am gutted. So sorry babe. I wish i can give you a real hug right now, you were my bump buddy, a day ahead of me. :cry: I can't imagine what you're going through right now and wish I knew what to say that can take away some of your pain. I am still scared every time I go in for my scan b/c I know it happens more often than we know. :hug::hug:

ILuv, I am gutted. So sorry babe. I wish i can give you a real hug right now, you were my bump buddy, a day ahead of me. :cry: I can't imagine what you're going through right now and wish I knew what to say that can take away some of your pain. I am still scared every time I go in for my scan b/c I know it happens more often than we know. :hug::hug:

I want you ladies to go on. Although I'm heartbroken I can't continue. The pain is immense. Thanks so much! :cry:

Hi ladies just checking in :hi:

Sliverbells good luck on the 2ww!

Tella sorry again about the BFN. I did reply on another thread about what I think you should do. :hugs:

Urchin I hope the next 12 sleeps go by fast for you!

Care it sounds like everything is going great for you. :thumbup:

Sunshine I don't know anything about MTHFR and when I went to look it up I couldn't understand a thing. :nope: I hope everything works out.

ILuv I'm so sorry, I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. I hope you have tons of support in RL. You know you have it here with all these lovely ladies. :hugs:

Sorry if I missed anyone and I hope the rest of the ladies on the 2ww are doing good. :flower:

Thanks so much! :cry:

ILuvBabies > :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
I just want to say i will keep you in my prayers and hope he will give you the streght to heal! Just remember we will always be here for you! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->