IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

They didnt give you another option if its ectopic, like an injection?? Weird they would go right to surgery! But I think you have a healthy little bean in there :)

Hi everyone - I was briefly on BnB a few months ago, then took a break from posting and am wandering back now. A bit about me - we have dual-factor infertility; he's got low sperm count and motility, and I've got one polycystic ovary, a low ovarian reserve, and a uterine septum which is scheduled to be surgically repaired in January. We're on the NHS waiting list for our first round of IVF in April.

Edamame, I really hope this is good news for you - fingers crossed!!

They didnt give you another option if its ectopic, like an injection?? Weird they would go right to surgery! But I think you have a healthy little bean in there :)

No, I misunderstood what the nurse was telling me! I actually called back after seeing your comments and she said that surgery would be the option if the sac was too large, but if it was still small enough they would give me the medication to dissolve it at the hospital.

But, I am still hoping and praying all is well!

Urchin - thanks for the warm welcome

Edamame - thanks for the encouragement. Wishing you all the best that its good news :thumbup:

Hi and welcome Hannah :hi:

edamame - oh gosh, more worry ... You're right it just doesn't stop. I'm keeping all crossables well and truly crossed for you :hugs:

Nothing until Monday! :wacko: The doctor wants to see what my numbers look like, if they are still irregular he's going to do a u/s and see if he can see anything. I go back and forth between depression and hope- like thinking it's over to thinking maybe it was a late implanter that split in two!
Six days to go...

i remember the first few scary weeks well Edamame ... we don't tend to have betas over here, so all you have to go on is the hpt until the 8 week scan - and when we went for that we looked more like we were waiting for an execution we were that worried :shock:

I really don't envy you the wait til monday - will be checking in to find out how you got on :hugs:

I think DH would prefer that! He's so annoyed by the whole beta process. He says since it really can't tell us anything except to make us crazy, why do it? At this point I'm starting to agree too!

I agree with your DH Edamame. It is difficult to understand and it only makes us all crazy no matter what the numbers are. Have you POAS at all yet? I'm staying positive for you. :hugs:

I agree with your DH Edamame. It is difficult to understand and it only makes us all crazy no matter what the numbers are. Have you POAS at all yet? I'm staying positive for you. :hugs:

Thanks! I did POAS the day before the second beta, just to see if that 10.6 had doubled. I think I will again tomorrow or this weekend, it would be comforting if it was a nice strong line!

Keeping fingers crossed for you Edamame! Know its easier said than done but try and take it easy, watch some comedies or read a book to relax yourself.. Sending you lotsa :hugs:

I can understand the craziness! The whole process is very taxing. I just hope you get good news!!!

Unfortunately, it does not look good. I had an incident of spotting yesterday afternoon but then nothing, so I was hoping it was a one time thing. This morning I started spotting again and this afternoon it has gotten to the point where I need a pad. I'm feeling mild cramps like I often get at the start of AF (before they get really bad). I called the clinic and they're having me come in first thing in the morning for a beta and progesterone check. I was crying on the phone and she was very kind, told me to stay calm, take it easy tonight, drink lots of fluids, and that it wasn't over. But it is hard to believe that. I will update you all tomorrow, thanks for all of your support, every one of you!

I'm so sorry hon!!! So glad they are checking you tomorrow! If it is indeed ectopic, this is exactly how it happens. I am a little concerned for you! Hugs and prayers!

:hugs: she's right it isn't over. I hope the spotting isn't anything bad. Please keep us updated. Thinking of you and hoping tomorrow will be better news.

Aww edamame!!! Sooo sorry you are dealing with this!!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! I really hope it is not over and that it will stop soon and that you will get a decent beta :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->