IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Welcome Pray. Sorry I don't have any good advice, as you can see in my sig I had no luck after 5 iuis... Had to go to ivf. Good luck that your first iui worked!

AFM, my beta came back at 53.19, about the average doubling rate! So, my doc has upgraded me to "cautiously optimistic!" Next test tomorrow! My sister has been saying all along not to worry about the low first beta since without people like me they wouldn't have an average. :) But I am still trying to temper my feelings, maybe if tomorrow shows it is still doubling I can finally start to believe it is real...

:happydance: yay!! So happy that your beta went up. I can't wait to hear what it is on the next one.

Hello ladies, mind if I join in? I would be having my first IVF cycle in Dec. Feeling quite nervous about it esp the injections and medications but hoping that its all worth it. 😌

edamame- that sounds great.. the number has to start somewhere right? when it rises slowly that is more worrisome that when it starts low. fingers crossed it doubles again

Flower-Don't be nervous! It's not bad at all really! I've done 3 IVF's and a ridiculous amount of IUI's with injections. :)

Thanks ilovebabies! Yup hearing the experiences from you lovely ladies does make me feel much better. ��

Flowermal > Its all very over whelming when you start but its really not that bad. Ive also done 1 IUI and 2 IVF with injects and its was all fine. GL, fx'd it brings you a bfp!!!!!

Edamme > Im thinking about you today!!!!!!!!

Thanks Tella for your lovely wishes.. Yup do hope it brings along the baby we hv been trying long for ☺

flowermal - welcome to the group :hugs:

edamame - that's sounding cautiously good, will keep everything crossed tightly for you xxx

Welcome Flower! I was afraid of the injections too, but I was able to give them all to myself without help!

Thanks everyone- just got back from the doctor's office, hope for a happy call this afternoon!

Well, this just never gets easier, does it?
Doctor called- beta is 214.00. Could be great news, but that is a doubling time of about 24 hours, and since my numbers were so low to start with he is concerned I may be having an ectopic. I'm supposed to watch for pain on one side or sharp pains in my abdomen. I go in for another beta on Monday- if it is crazy again they'll do an ultrasound to look for an egg sac which will hopefully be right where it should be, but if it is not I'll have to have immediate surgery. I just want to cry!

Edamame~ :hugs: I think an ectopic is very rare with IVF. I wish they would just scan you now and see if they can see anything. I think the number still sounds ok. I don't understand why they are making you stress out like this. 24 hour doubling time is still good.

Or maybe you just have a late implanted and everything will be fine :) I'm hoping for you!

well scanning now wouldnt show anything cause it is too small... yeah the first number was low but... like i said before, it has to start somewhere. bummer they are stressing you out so much but.. like mrsc said. ectopic is pretty rare with ivf.they watch while they put the embryos in.

Mrs C-I actually know of several so not so rare. Is that what happens though? The numbers climb too high??? Gah this is never easy!!! So hoping baby is fine and it's nothing!!!

apparently the normal risk is 1% and the risk with ivf is 2-5% so still extremely uncommon. generally it is seen with abnormal rate of rise (usually slower than normal). not that it goes up to fast

Yes, that is confusing me. As soon as I got off the phone I started looking up ectopics and almost all of them mention slow, low rising betas, not fast rising betas! I think it is that first beta that is causing the worry. Hopefully we will have a real, definitive answer on Monday one way or the other. It will still be pretty early to see anything on an u/s though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->