IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Hi ladies,

We are home for the IUI this morning. All went well for the most part. During the process there was some "complications." The FS has some problems getting it in just right (sounds funny I know) there was a lot of pinching and then he told me that he was having troubles. After a few minutes he said we were done... felt like forever to me though. He told me I might have some spotting a little later. When he left the room DH told me there was a little blood on the syringe. I laid there for a few minutes and asked if it was a lot and he said no but there was enough. Is this normal or has anyone had this happen?? (I will also ask the unmedicated IUI group and see if they have had this. I know a lot of you go through IVF but you guys have been a great support for me. :hugs:)

DH always tries t lighten the mood when he knows I'm a little upset or nervous. He got up and started looking around the room... I think this is a guy thing to do in a doc. office. He started playing with all sorts of things and I couldn't help but laugh at him. Bless his heart!!

Now I am on the 2WW :happydance: and hoping for this spotting to end. It's not bad at all so thats a good thing.

Hey there, MrsC. I don't remember if I had spotting after, but on my....2nd or 3rd IUI, they had a hell of a time finding the opening of my cervix. I really don't know how it could be that hard... but :shrug: It took quite a while and was very uncomfortable.

I'd say, so long as they got the spermies up and in there, you shouldn't worry about it. Even if you do have spotting, it will be from your cervix so won't impact your chances.

:hugs:

Wanting- Essentially same for me (and my drugs covered by my plan through work)

When I work in triage I can allllways tell when someone has been talking with Dr Google.. haha soooo funny!!!!!

Mrs C.. GOOD LUCKKKK!!! Stalking :thumbup:

Hey there, MrsC. I don't remember if I had spotting after, but on my....2nd or 3rd IUI, they had a hell of a time finding the opening of my cervix. I really don't know how it could be that hard... but :shrug: It took quite a while and was very uncomfortable.

I'd say, so long as they got the spermies up and in there, you shouldn't worry about it. Even if you do have spotting, it will be from your cervix so won't impact your chances.

:hugs:

Yeah this was my 2nd. I couldn't understand why it was that hard also. The first one was so quick. Thank you for sharing that with me and letting me know that it does happen sometimes. :hugs:

Wanting- Essentially same for me (and my drugs covered by my plan through work)

When I work in triage I can allllways tell when someone has been talking with Dr Google.. haha soooo funny!!!!!

Mrs C.. GOOD LUCKKKK!!! Stalking :thumbup:

Thank you!! :flower:

Yay for first attempt at multi quote :haha:

Hi ladies,

We are home for the IUI this morning. All went well for the most part. During the process there was some "complications." The FS has some problems getting it in just right (sounds funny I know) there was a lot of pinching and then he told me that he was having troubles. After a few minutes he said we were done... felt like forever to me though. He told me I might have some spotting a little later. When he left the room DH told me there was a little blood on the syringe. I laid there for a few minutes and asked if it was a lot and he said no but there was enough. Is this normal or has anyone had this happen?? (I will also ask the unmedicated IUI group and see if they have had this. I know a lot of you go through IVF but you guys have been a great support for me. :hugs:)

It does happen sometimes that they have trouble getting into the opening of the cervix. I've had some quick and easy and others that were trickier. The spotting is just from them irritating the cervix so don't be concerned about that. I would say most of the IVFers on here have done multiple IUIs before getting to this stage so we can definitely relate to what you are going through. FX for your BFP
:dust:

Yay for first attempt at multi quote :haha:

haha I havent used multi quote either, havent quite figured it out! haha!

I thought I would try it since it feels like I pollute a thread when I post 2-3 times in a row. If it wouldn't have worked I would have just looked silly :haha: it was worth a shot.

Just click multi quote on what ever you would like to reply to and hit reply at the bottom left of the page.

hi ladies!

I just did my first IUI today with donor sperm.

i took 100mg clomid 3-7 and hcg trigger 17 hours before my IUI because on my firdayy bloodwork it came back showing i was about to ovulate on my own. when i went in this morning the ultrasound showed one follie released an egg and one was releasing as we were doing the ultrasound. so i think the timing was good. the sperm had high motility i didnt catch the number and the count was 8million i think maybe thats low im not sure.

the iui itself was a tad uncomfertable that clamp thingy hurt a little and i felt some pressure. my doctor had DW puch in the syringe which i thought was adorable.

i layed down after for about 5-10mins my doc looked at me like i had 5 heads because he assured me everything was in place and i could

get up but i insisted lol.

one thing that concerns me is my panties were wet later and i have some leaking of something idk if its CM or my little soilders:spermy: has anyone had something like this or could anyone help me im afraid maybe they came back out i know that sounds dumb. also again i may sound like an idiot but when the little guys finally die do they come back out lmao

help!

hi ladies!

i took 100mg clomid 3-7 and hcg trigger 17 hours before my IUI because on my firdayy bloodwork it came back showing i was about to ovulate on my own. when i went in this morning the ultrasound showed one follie released an egg and one was releasing as we were doing the ultrasound. so i think the timing was good. the sperm had high motility i didnt catch the number and the count was 8million i think maybe thats low im not sure.

the iui itself was a tad uncomfertable that clamp thingy hurt a little and i felt some pressure. my doctor had DW puch in the syringe which i thought was adorable.

i layed down after for about 5-10mins my doc looked at me like i had 5 heads because he assured me everything was in place and i could

one thing that concerns me is my panties were wet later and i have some leaking of something idk if its CM or my little soilders:spermy: has anyone had something like this or could anyone help me im afraid maybe they came back out i know that sounds dumb. also again i may sound like an idiot but when the little guys finally die do they come back out lmao

help!

:hi: Sounds like your timing was great! That was sweet that they let DW take part in the insemination.

As far as the wetness, that is CM that was dislodged during the IUI. Once the IUI is complete the sperm won't come back out. The dead ones just break down, you won't have any come back out later either.

hi ladies!

help!

They set a timer in our room for 10 minutes once the IUI is done and they tell me not to get up. Once the timer goes off we are free to go. So don't feel weird about wanting to stay there for 5-10 minutes.

Good luck :hugs:

MrsC - I had spotting with two out of the 5 IUIs I had. During both of those they knicked my cervix. My cervix isn't straight so for most of the IUIs I had a full bladder which seemed to straighten it out. Literally. For one of the two bad ones I didn't have a full bladder. I remember my FS saying that it wasn't a big deal. They watched the placement of the stuff on the ultrasound and all was good.

I had the same problem both times I had an HSG as well. Nothing to worry about. (although it hurts like heck when they do it) I remember comparing it to someone turning an ice auger on inside your uterus :)

Good luck to you!!!

So little bit of drama in my neck of the woods today. I started spotting. That makes an 18 day cycle. What the heck?! I was hoping it would start early but not THIS early. I had this happen 1 hour before I was supposed to leave for the airport. I called the nurse/doctor because I am supposed to go in on CD3 for bloodwork. PANIC... The nurse called back and said to just come in on Wed (CD5) when I get back in. She said they already know that I will be on the highest dose based on previous blood tests so nothing to worry about; that they would just do it on CD5 and if it is still high, it would just double-confirm their plan. I lost it. Not sure if it was due to the panic of having to cancel the work trip, etc or if it was the reality that my IVF process has started. The nurse did say that the month of BCP is really just for timing and to prevent cysts so our stims would still be scheduled for 1/7 even with an early AF.

So after that drama - it is now 10:30pm and nothing more. Just the bit of red/brown spotting earlier today. What the heck?!? Good news is that the day of my bloodwork will now be no later than CD4 vs doing it on CD5. I had a moment of insanity thinking maybe it was implantation bleeding but there was a bit of red so that can't be it.

Fun times at fertility high.....

Hi. Has anyone taken Menopur? Last night was my first night on it and it burned and hurt with the injection and afterwards too. Will it help if i dilute it more or has anyone ever had this? Thanks

goodluck mrs. rodrigues hope you get your BFP before the holidays

Remember when I posted this? So now it is 5 days since the last pill and I have only had light cramping no spotting and I do not at all feel like I usually do when af is about to start. Can anyone shed some light in this? I am so frustrated. Should I call my re on Monday?
AF did not show her face today!!! I am so mad!!! I always get af on the 3rd day after stopping provera its been that way the last 6 months! but I am not even cramping! why is my body doing this to me? I just want to start my next cycle so i can start injectables with iui!!! ](*,)

Desperate - on my leaflet it has all the different drugs and there side effects on it and it does say menopur burns and irritates so maybe it's normal :shrug:

Afm first day on the pill today :thumbup:

So much to respond to. No Regrets -- I've never been on provera. Sorry I can't help at all. :hugs:

Deperate -- I'm not on Menopur, but Lupron burns and itches and sometimes even leaves a red bump. For Lupron that's all normal. I'm sure Menopur is the same way. I did find that the more I took Lupron, the less I noticed the symptoms.

Mrs. Rodriguez, as the others have said, it's definitely not the spermies coming back out. The catheter going through the cervix will "knock loose" some cervical mucous. Plus, my clinic will put water on the speculum to help it go in easier (since they can't use lube due to it harming the sperm). It's completely normal. :flower:

Mind if I join you ladies? The :witch: arrived today right on schedule, so it's on to iui #2 for me. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->