IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

So little bit of drama in my neck of the woods today. I started spotting. That makes an 18 day cycle. What the heck?! I was hoping it would start early but not THIS early. I had this happen 1 hour before I was supposed to leave for the airport. I called the nurse/doctor because I am supposed to go in on CD3 for bloodwork. PANIC... The nurse called back and said to just come in on Wed (CD5) when I get back in. She said they already know that I will be on the highest dose based on previous blood tests so nothing to worry about; that they would just do it on CD5 and if it is still high, it would just double-confirm their plan. I lost it. Not sure if it was due to the panic of having to cancel the work trip, etc or if it was the reality that my IVF process has started. The nurse did say that the month of BCP is really just for timing and to prevent cysts so our stims would still be scheduled for 1/7 even with an early AF.

So after that drama - it is now 10:30pm and nothing more. Just the bit of red/brown spotting earlier today. What the heck?!? Good news is that the day of my bloodwork will now be no later than CD4 vs doing it on CD5. I had a moment of insanity thinking maybe it was implantation bleeding but there was a bit of red so that can't be it.

Fun times at fertility high.....
I've had mid-cycle spotting even on BCP before, maybe that is all it is and isn't really AF yet :shrug: If still not a true AF in a couple days maybe call them back? Either way you can be on BCP the extra days and it won't hurt anything. Sounds like we will definitely be on the same schedule for stims :thumbup:

Remember when I posted this? So now it is 5 days since the last pill and I have only had light cramping no spotting and I do not at all feel like I usually do when af is about to start. Can anyone shed some light in this? I am so frustrated. Should I call my re on Monday?
Sorry AF still hasn't shown for you. I would call your RE and see what they say. Maybe they will just give you another dose or a stronger one :shrug:

Afm first day on the pill today :thumbup:
Yay for first pill :xmas12:

Mind if I join you ladies? The :witch: arrived today right on schedule, so it's on to iui #2 for me. :(

Welcome Lucie :hi: Sorry the :witch: got you :hugs:

So little bit of drama in my neck of the woods today. I started spotting. That makes an 18 day cycle. What the heck?! I was hoping it would start early but not THIS early. I had this happen 1 hour before I was supposed to leave for the airport. I called the nurse/doctor because I am supposed to go in on CD3 for bloodwork. PANIC... The nurse called back and said to just come in on Wed (CD5) when I get back in. She said they already know that I will be on the highest dose based on previous blood tests so nothing to worry about; that they would just do it on CD5 and if it is still high, it would just double-confirm their plan. I lost it. Not sure if it was due to the panic of having to cancel the work trip, etc or if it was the reality that my IVF process has started. The nurse did say that the month of BCP is really just for timing and to prevent cysts so our stims would still be scheduled for 1/7 even with an early AF.

So after that drama - it is now 10:30pm and nothing more. Just the bit of red/brown spotting earlier today. What the heck?!? Good news is that the day of my bloodwork will now be no later than CD4 vs doing it on CD5. I had a moment of insanity thinking maybe it was implantation bleeding but there was a bit of red so that can't be it.

Fun times at fertility high.....

Maybe it is just breakthrough spotting? Wouldn't it be nice if our bodies did exactly as they were supposed to do at all times instead of throwing in curveballs to make things more confusing?? :dohh:

Hi. Has anyone taken Menopur? Last night was my first night on it and it burned and hurt with the injection and afterwards too. Will it help if i dilute it more or has anyone ever had this? Thanks

I took Menopur last month and it definitely burned/stung while being injected and for a couple minutes afterward. The injection site would also stay red for a few minutes. The nurse at my clinic warned me beforehand that other patients have experienced burning with it. So that's completely normal from what I understand.

Remember when I posted this? So now it is 5 days since the last pill and I have only had light cramping no spotting and I do not at all feel like I usually do when af is about to start. Can anyone shed some light in this? I am so frustrated. Should I call my re on Monday?
AF did not show her face today!!! I am so mad!!! I always get af on the 3rd day after stopping provera its been that way the last 6 months! but I am not even cramping! why is my body doing this to me? I just want to start my next cycle so i can start injectables with iui!!! ](*,)

Don't you hate when AF doesn't show when you want/need her to?? They always tell me it can take up to 2 weeks for AF to show after the last pill, but almost every time I've taken it AF had come within 2-3 days. Once it did take 5 days, and one time it took 16 days, but I am almost sure that I actually ended up ovulating after I finished the Provera and that's why it took so long. Hopefully she'll show for you soon!! :hugs:

Mind if I join you ladies? The :witch: arrived today right on schedule, so it's on to iui #2 for me. :(

So sorry to hear about AF! Welcome to the thread!

Thanks for the input ladies. I will just grin and bare it and remember it will all be worthwhile soon.

Wow so much to catch up on as I haven't been online all weekend!

1) Definitely not the sperm coming back out after an IUI, like someone else said my clinic used water with the speculum so it could be that or CM.

2) DO NOT dilute your drug more .... I work for a company that manufactures drugs like the ones we are all injecting with and they are designed to exert their mechanism of action at a specific concentration and you will not have enough of the correct diluent to make it more dilute, and you cannot just dilute it with regular water or a different type of diluent. If you are experiencing burning / pain at the injection site perhaps try using an ice pack on the area before you inject so that it is a bit numb. But definitely DO NOT dilute it more!

Sorry for not responding with more things - I'm slightly overwhelmed with the number of posts so by the time I was done my attention span only allowed me to respond to a few.

Hey Lucie... Welcome!!!

Springy... It is sooo hard to keep up with everything..

When you guys start your IVF DR, are you taking a nasal spray first or an injection??

Hey Lucie... Welcome!!!

Springy... It is sooo hard to keep up with everything..

When you guys start your IVF DR, are you taking a nasal spray first or an injection??

Not sure yet - We have our meeting with the IVF Nurse coordinator on Wednesday of this week where we will sign all the consent forms and we will get our full drug protocol. I will DEFINITELY be asking for nasal spray if that is available - WHY stab myself with a needle if I can just "snort" something?! GOD I sound like an addict!!

Sorry for not responding with more things - I'm slightly overwhelmed with the number of posts so by the time I was done my attention span only allowed me to respond to a few.
That's why I LOVE the multi-quote. I just click the multi-quote on whatever I want to respond to (even reading across multiple pages) and then when I get to the end I hit 'post reply' on the lower left and I can go through them all and reply all at once :xmas12:

Otherwise I wouldn't remember who said what from one page to the next :dohh:

I'm not doing either, I go straight from BCP to stims.

WHY stab myself with a needle if I can just "snort" something?! GOD I sound like an addict!!
:xmas13:

Good luck with your scan tomorrow SquirrelGirl!

:dust: all around!

Had my retrieval today. My ovaries are the size of grapefruits and I feel like I've been run over by a truck. I am so glad the transfer is being put off until January so I can heal and enjoy the holidays. I start Lupron in 10 days. :)

Had my retrieval today. My ovaries are the size of grapefruits and I feel like I've been run over by a truck. I am so glad the transfer is being put off until January so I can heal and enjoy the holidays. I start Lupron in 10 days. :)

Glad the retrieval went well today! Do you know how many eggs were retrieved? Hopefully you can now relax and enjoy the holiday's and have a successful FET in the new year.:dust:

:hi:
I have done an introduction before. I'm back :haha: The November thread I started is dwindeling down so I thought I would kick it here with you ladies too :coolio:

I must confess I really have my hopes up this time. It's the last try before laproscopy. (really I do everytime, I can't help it :dohh:)

In a nut shell I'm 10DPO this cycle and I really thought I was getting a good sign when my progesterone levels were at an all time high for me @ 38.5. Just felt like I am closer than ever before. Then at 8DPO I had a tiny but of brown spotting I thought could be IB. Hopes still pretty high...Then last night sort of the same thing....just less. (minute amounts mind you)

So now I am thinking maybe it's just AF trying to start early but can't cause I'm on the progesterone. :shrug: Any thoughts?

WHY MUST WE WAIT???? IT MAKES ME SO :wacko:!!!

(tested this morning 10DPO and clearly a :bfn:)

That's why I LOVE the multi-quote. I just click the multi-quote on whatever I want to respond to (even reading across multiple pages) and then when I get to the end I hit 'post reply' on the lower left and I can go through them all and reply all at once :xmas12:

Otherwise I wouldn't remember who said what from one page to the next :dohh:

This is my first attempt at multiquote see how it goes... MOving up in the BnB world!!!!

[Not sure yet - We have our meeting with the IVF Nurse coordinator on Wednesday of this week where we will sign all the consent forms and we will get our full drug protocol. I will DEFINITELY be asking for nasal spray if that is available - WHY stab myself with a needle if I can just "snort" something?! GOD I sound like an addict!!

Haha this literally made me LOL.. and yes I will be taking Suprafect initially (5 times a day, then 3 once I start the injections)

SQuirrel!! Good Luck today!!!

So glad your retrieval went well!! :hugs:

:hi:
I have done an introduction before. I'm back :haha: The November thread I started is dwindeling down so I thought I would kick it here with you ladies too :coolio:

I must confess I really have my hopes up this time. It's the last try before laproscopy. (really I do everytime, I can't help it :dohh:)

In a nut shell I'm 10DPO this cycle and I really thought I was getting a good sign when my progesterone levels were at an all time high for me @ 38.5. Just felt like I am closer than ever before. Then at 8DPO I had a tiny but of brown spotting I thought could be IB. Hopes still pretty high...Then last night sort of the same thing....just less. (minute amounts mind you)

So now I am thinking maybe it's just AF trying to start early but can't cause I'm on the progesterone. :shrug: Any thoughts?

WHY MUST WE WAIT???? IT MAKES ME SO :wacko:!!!

(tested this morning 10DPO and clearly a :bfn:)

Hopefully the spotting is nothing, hon. You still have time to get your BFP! :hugs:

Hi, am new here. Failed IVF, got my BFN today :cry:. 18 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized and 4 transfered and still can not understand why it did not happen:shrug:. Still no AF at the moment, but am hoping to start next cycle. hope to start treatment last week in this month, wish me luck:baby:.

less i forget

DH: 53
TTC since: Oct 2009
AC History: 3 failed clomid cycles, 1 IVF
Plan: IVF January 2012 - Shld start jabbing my thigh end dec.
unexplained fertility (more like age factor i suppose)

Hi, am new here. Failed IVF, got my BFN today :cry:. 18 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized and 4 transfered and still can not understand why it did not happen:shrug:. Still no AF at the moment, but am hoping to start next cycle. hope to start treatment last week in this month, wish me luck:baby:.

Welcome doshima :wave:

Sorry to hear about the failed IVF :hugs: Are you sure it didn't work since AF didn't show yet?

Good luck and hopefully a :bfp: soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->