IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Cheers Mrs B! I'm afraid I've lost positivity at the minute - probably because I've been trying to stretch it out too thin! But I will scrape it all up again into a usable lump when I get my date!

In the meantime I am busy doing up my house to sell, which feels like a side-project of ttc. I want to move out of the city, back to my home village where I would want to bring up children...and getting this house ready to sell is the first step to achieving that.
There is a lot of work to do on it though - every room needs to be replastered, I need a new kitchen in and the bathroom remodelled!

So far I have learned to plaster and have done sitting room and bathroom - next skill I need to learn is tiling (which I think I will attempt next weekend)

it certainly helps having a big project to occupy myself with, and one that feels like it is helping to move us towards our goal!

Having a side project is always REALLY good to keep your mind occupied! We are looking at new cars as we are due for one at the end of December so that has helped a bit with keeping my mind preoccupied.

Urchin I know it is hard to stay positive - I think all of us on this site have lost that ability to "stay positive" and sometimes it is OK not to be positive and to be angry, upset and frustrated with the situation you are in. I have good days and bad days and somedays I can be super positive, and others I feel like I have nothing left to give!

I know that the process is different in the UK than in Canada for funding as you guys have NHS funding etc. In Canada, like the UK, it is all out of pocket. I wish that more governments would get on board with the fact that infertility is a medical condition, much like cancer, heart disease etc. Would we not treat those individuals? No ... but somehow infertility is like cosmetic surgery - considered unnecessary to fund! TOTALLY not fair!!!

That's my little rant for today :) Hope everyone had a nice weekend! Can't believe how quickly they fly by - why can't my work week fly by this quickly?!?!

I agree - a side project is a must. Without them I would spend even more of my time obsessing about TTC :wacko:. I wish I could settle on just one though, I keep starting them but then I switch to a new one before I finish :haha:

Springy - any sign of O or AF for you or still waiting around?

I agree - a side project is a must. Without them I would spend even more of my time obsessing about TTC :wacko:. I wish I could settle on just one though, I keep starting them but then I switch to a new one before I finish :haha:

Springy - any sign of O or AF for you or still waiting around?

Nope - AF is due tonight / tomorrow but considering I don't think I O'd this month it might be later in the week. I just want her to show up so that I can get this last IUI done with! I am sitting here questioning once again why we are doing another IUI and not moving directly to IVF ..... but we can't do IVF till the new year as we need to save up but Jan / Feb feels SO FAR away right now!!!

Well our side project of car hunting went really well over the weekend! We have it narrowed down to two choices - November will be negotiation month and then we will sign the papers in Dec for pick up on Jan 2 / Jan 3rd :)

AND my brother got engaged on Thursday night and his fiancee has asked that my sister and I dress shop with her - that should keep me occupied for a few weekends!!!!

Nope - AF is due tonight / tomorrow but considering I don't think I O'd this month it might be later in the week. I just want her to show up so that I can get this last IUI done with! I am sitting here questioning once again why we are doing another IUI and not moving directly to IVF ..... but we can't do IVF till the new year as we need to save up but Jan / Feb feels SO FAR away right now!!!

Well our side project of car hunting went really well over the weekend! We have it narrowed down to two choices - November will be negotiation month and then we will sign the papers in Dec for pick up on Jan 2 / Jan 3rd :)

AND my brother got engaged on Thursday night and his fiancee has asked that my sister and I dress shop with her - that should keep me occupied for a few weekends!!!!

Sounds like you have a lot of good distractions lined up :thumbup:

Hope AF shows for you :witch:. If AF doesn't come soon, do you think there is a point that you will decide to skip the IUI and just wait for IVF or have you thought that far yet?

I toyed with the idea of doing another IUI while I wait but decided our odds are so low with the frozen sperm to just take the time off. I'm hoping the madness of the holidays and DH coming home from deployment will distract me - I think it is this next month of nothing to do that is going to drive me bonkers :wacko: :haha:

We will definitely do another IUI, we have time so we will do it whenever AF shows up. Never ever been longer than 39 days and that is only once in the last 34 months of tracking. I think she'll show up at some point this week. We most likely wont do IVF till end of January or February.

Is your DH in Afghanistan or elsewhere? My DH brother is in the Canadian army and he did three tours in Afghanistan! Must be REALLY hard having him away!:hugs:

Yeah, I guess if we had fresh swimmers I would give it another go at IUI too. FX she shows soon and you won't have to keep your IVF consult after all :flower:

DH is in Afghanistan. He did a tour in Iraq a few years ago but that was before we met so this is my first experience with it and his first time leaving someone at home. Things are winding down now so I can kind of see a glow on the horizon from that light at the end of the tunnel :dance:. We froze some sperm before he left and I have done IUI on my own since we didn't want to waste a year with me already being 38. Even though no BFP I don't regret the expense and going through it on my own because we were able to work out meds to get me to O and are that much farther along in the AC process. If we had waited I think I would have resented it more and we would have instead spent the next year doing IUIs and be that much farther behind, so I think it was the right decision.

My big fear with IVF now is that I won't respond well even at 300IU and we won't have anything to transfer. I can deal with the shots and any pain that comes with the process, I think it is the disappointment and worry that it won't work that I am most afraid of.

Here's hoping we all get BFPs soon and this time next year will be hanging in the new mom forums :thumbup:

Hello ladies I was just told yesterday that after just 6 months since I had a lap to remove a 12cm endometrioma and lots of endo it's all back with the cyst too so yesterday my gene told me that my best hope is he wants to do another lap and then immediately after do IVF this will be jan/feb I'm sooo scared and nervous about this I just remember how emotional and painful the last lap was and I have herd that ivf is also very emotionally draining I'm worried I won't cope but I am willing to do anything possible for a baby.
Let's hope there are lots of bfp's on this thread good luck to all of you x

Hello ladies I was just told yesterday that after just 6 months since I had a lap to remove a 12cm endometrioma and lots of endo it's all back with the cyst too so yesterday my gene told me that my best hope is he wants to do another lap and then immediately after do IVF this will be jan/feb I'm sooo scared and nervous about this I just remember how emotional and painful the last lap was and I have herd that ivf is also very emotionally draining I'm worried I won't cope but I am willing to do anything possible for a baby.
Let's hope there are lots of bfp's on this thread good luck to all of you x

Welcome! :hi:

Sorry to hear about the return of the endo - that's one of my fears as well! I had lap done in July and other than bloating and discomfort in my shoulders for the 4 or 5 days after surgery I was ok so HOPEFULLY your second lap goes as smoothly mine did! When they did my lap they found very early stages of endo on my left ovary which they removed, we were SO optimistic that removing it was all we needed in order to get pregnant - well that was 3 cycles ago and still no luck, so I think the decision to remove the endo and do IVF immediately is the best decision.

As for IVF and the emotional side of it, I am finding IUI and any type of fertility treatments emotionally draining so I guess I am thinking that IVF will be the same. BUT with a great support network on here and a great family support system I am hoping to get through it relatively easily!

Yeah, I guess if we had fresh swimmers I would give it another go at IUI too. FX she shows soon and you won't have to keep your IVF consult after all :flower:

DH is in Afghanistan. He did a tour in Iraq a few years ago but that was before we met so this is my first experience with it and his first time leaving someone at home. Things are winding down now so I can kind of see a glow on the horizon from that light at the end of the tunnel :dance:. We froze some sperm before he left and I have done IUI on my own since we didn't want to waste a year with me already being 38. Even though no BFP I don't regret the expense and going through it on my own because we were able to work out meds to get me to O and are that much farther along in the AC process. If we had waited I think I would have resented it more and we would have instead spent the next year doing IUIs and be that much farther behind, so I think it was the right decision.

My big fear with IVF now is that I won't respond well even at 300IU and we won't have anything to transfer. I can deal with the shots and any pain that comes with the process, I think it is the disappointment and worry that it won't work that I am most afraid of.

Here's hoping we all get BFPs soon and this time next year will be hanging in the new mom forums :thumbup:

I think your decision to freeze before he went away was definitely the right thing to do! You can't put your life on hold because of "work" demands. When does his tour finish up?

Have you used injectables before? I know there are several different types of meds they can use so don't worry / stress that you won't respond, they may just have to try a few different things with you before getting it right!

I agree - let's make this a LUCKY thread and let's hope and pray that by early next year all of us have our BFPs!

Thankyou springy are you doing iui now?? Good luck :hugs:

Ya we're going to give it one more go once AF shows up .... due today but since I don't think I ovulated I won't be surprised if she is several days later than expected!!!

We figured we had the time as our IVF information night is Nov 17th and our consultation is the 25th (current Dr. doesn't do IVF so we have to meet with a new Dr at our clinic) and then we will do the IVF late Jan / Feb timeframe.

They screwed up my system SO much in September that there was no way I would have conceived so we are hoping with a better management with the drugs that maybe the last ditch attempt at IUI will work!!!

Wow I really hope it does work :hugs: will it be your first attempt at ivf?

My husband was diagnoised with no vas deferens. Now our options are surgery then IVF or adoption. We are going with IVF as long as the cystic fibrous screening comes back ok. We will find out this week hopefully. Then appointments, labs, needles, meds, etc. So nervous but hoping to get a good result. IVF won't be until Jan/Feb is what I am told.

Hi Wanabeamama :hi:

Sorry to hear you have to do another lap. Hopefully it won't be as bad as last time and moving straight to IVF will do the trick for you :thumbup:

I think your decision to freeze before he went away was definitely the right thing to do! You can't put your life on hold because of "work" demands. When does his tour finish up?

Have you used injectables before? I know there are several different types of meds they can use so don't worry / stress that you won't respond, they may just have to try a few different things with you before getting it right!

I agree - let's make this a LUCKY thread and let's hope and pray that by early next year all of us have our BFPs!

Can't say exactly online for security reasons but he should be back before I would start my IVF stims :happydance:

I used 150IU of Gonal-F for my August IUI and only had 2 follies. I had 3-5 when I was on clomid/femara so it was both surprising and disappointing. I am very glad we did the injectibles IUI cycle though or we would have been starting IVF at 150IU and been that much farther delayed in the process.
They are going to start me at 300IU for IVF the first 3 days and then 225IU for two days - then I will have a scan to see where things are. Hopefully it gives us an exponential increase and double the meds will quintuple the follies.

My husband was diagnoised with no vas deferens. Now our options are surgery then IVF or adoption. We are going with IVF as long as the cystic fibrous screening comes back ok. We will find out this week hopefully. Then appointments, labs, needles, meds, etc. So nervous but hoping to get a good result. IVF won't be until Jan/Feb is what I am told.
Hi desperate4567 :hi:
Sorry to hear about your DH's issue :hugs: Hope everything comes back ok and you can get started with IVF sooner rather than later.

:wave: Hi ladies! I've gotten through the first couple pages, but wanted to post before I lost this thread. I'll be doing IVF#1 in early December. Waiting for a phone call today from my clinic about when I'll start the meds. I'm already on BC, so they'll just have to figure out when I'll start the Lupron then Follistim and whatnot.

I had my consultation with the doctor last night. Honestly, I thought there would be a lot more to it/ lot more time off work than it sounds now. Maybe because I did 3 IUIs with injectibles. The only differences are the Lupron, doubling the Follistim and then the Retrieval part. :shrug:

I've already warned my hubby to expect me to be a raging hormonal mess, so hopefully we make it through ok! :haha:

:wave: Hi ladies! I've gotten through the first couple pages, but wanted to post before I lost this thread. I'll be doing IVF#1 in early December. Waiting for a phone call today from my clinic about when I'll start the meds. I'm already on BC, so they'll just have to figure out when I'll start the Lupron then Follistim and whatnot.

I had my consultation with the doctor last night. Honestly, I thought there would be a lot more to it/ lot more time off work than it sounds now. Maybe because I did 3 IUIs with injectibles. The only differences are the Lupron, doubling the Follistim and then the Retrieval part. :shrug:

I've already warned my hubby to expect me to be a raging hormonal mess, so hopefully we make it through ok! :haha:

Good to see you over in this thread SquirrelGirl :hi:

I'll be rooting for you through your IVF cycle and I'll be just behind you with starting in Jan sometime! Right now on the countdown to the 17th & 25th of November when I have my information night and first IVF consultation!!!

AFM - still no sign of AF!!! At this point I am hoping she doesn't come till very late in the week or on the weekend as it will mess up my plans for the weekend of the 29th if she shows up today or tomorrow ;) Maybe for once my body will cooperate with me!!!

Hi SquirrelGirl! :hi:

I agree, after doing an injectible cycle with IUI adding the ER to the process doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I've warned my DH about the raging hormones too but he claims I wasn't moody at all on stims - though he is probably telling a big lie there :haha:

AFM - still no sign of AF!!! At this point I am hoping she doesn't come till very late in the week or on the weekend as it will mess up my plans for the weekend of the 29th if she shows up today or tomorrow ;) Maybe for once my body will cooperate with me!!!

Hope AF cooperates - if she has stayed away this long she can hold off a couple more days right :witch:

Thanks Springy and Mrs. Bear!

I think I did pretty ok on the Follistim. But I will say the Lupron scares the bejeezus out of me! :haha: But thank goodness I can continue to use Crinone rather than doing those godawful Progesterone in Oil shots with the gigantic intramuscular needle! :shock:

.... I wish my clinic would call me back! I left a message last night, and then another one just a bit ago. They probably think I'm a psycho. But, COME ON!!!!!! :grr:

Well, I got a call back. Here's the parts of the plan I know at the moment:

Remove Nuvaring October 26
Put in a new Nuvaring November1

Mock Transfer and Orientation on November 14 (who knows why they need a mock transfer when they've done 3 IUIs..... but whatever) My bladder has to be full. :wacko:

Start Lupron November 17
Remove Nuvaring November 20

Tentative Egg Retrieval = December 9

So bHCG would be around 12/23.... At least I will know before heading to OH's family's for Christmas, so I can hopefully cope with the news ahead of time....

But thank goodness I can continue to use Crinone rather than doing those godawful Progesterone in Oil shots with the gigantic intramuscular needle! :shock:

.... I wish my clinic would call me back! I left a message last night, and then another one just a bit ago. They probably think I'm a psycho. But, COME ON!!!!!! :grr:
Mock Transfer and Orientation on November 14 (who knows why they need a mock transfer when they've done 3 IUIs..... but whatever) My bladder has to be full. :wacko:

So bHCG would be around 12/23.... At least I will know before heading to OH's family's for Christmas, so I can hopefully cope with the news ahead of time....

After all the money we pay them, who cares if they think we are psycho :haha:

I haven't heard that I will be on Lupron so I am hoping to dodge that bullet, but I will be getting the PIO - not looking forward to that :growlmad:

I haven't been booked for mock transfer yet but it is on the list of pre-IVF stuff. They also have uterine mapping on there. I agree, I don't understand the whole mock transfer thing either since we have already done IUI. Isn't the process and the ET catheter pretty much the same as the IUI one? :shrug:

Hooray for getting your dates! :happydance: FX you get the perfect Christmas present :cloud9:.

Do you think you would tell the family or wait? I think the only people I would tell would be my sister and maybe my mom til we were farther along. I so worry about jinxing myself if I tell early :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->