IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

I'm most definitely going to wait. It'll be hard to hide either my elation or devastation, though. That's what is going to be so tough about doing IVF in December.

I haven't even told my parents or DH's parents we've been trying or that we've been unsuccessful. My sister knows, just because she had a few MCs and had a lot of trouble getting pg. She now has two boys, so I know it's possible! I just don't want to be constantly asked questions and looked at with pity or something... you know?

Yeah, my parents, sister and an aunt know - though mom tends to talk without thinking so who knows how many other relatives know by this point... :dohh: I don't think DHs family knows at all, though DH could have told them and I don't know about it. I have avoided a lot of the questions and sad looks so far since DH has been gone for 2011 but I know they are going to start asking soon. I will probably get a lot at Thanksgiving wanting to know if we are going to start trying right away after DH is back (start, ha! - little do they know what the AC ladies all are going through ttc). Hoping for quick IVF success to shut it all down before it starts :ignore:

Hopefully you will get your Christmas BFP and your good mood will be chalked up to the holidays :thumbup:

All of our family and friends know the situation we are in but at the moment we have told them all we are "on a break" and revisiting the situation in the new year. So it gives us some breathing room for the next few months.

Squirrel Girl you are BRAVE doing IVF right before Christmas I am too chicken so we're waiting for the new year. I don't want to risk doing it and getting upset if god forbid there was BFN right before or right after Christmas. I want to enjoy my holiday's and relax and not think about TTC.

I too don't understand the mock transfer as they have already done IUI but maybe because IVF transfers are done with a guided ultrasound they need to do a "mock" one first.

I wish we could give them a 'mock' check for the 'mock' transfer :haha:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's too funny! or really, if we get BFNs, they should get big fat negative checks -- where they owe money us instead! They should only get paid when they are successful!

Real Estate agents don't get paid until the close on a house, so REs should get paid once the baby is delivered! I like this plan!

Squirrel Girl you are BRAVE doing IVF right before Christmas I am too chicken so we're waiting for the new year. I don't want to risk doing it and getting upset if god forbid there was BFN right before or right after Christmas. I want to enjoy my holiday's and relax and not think about TTC.

Yeah, I'm taking quite the risk. But... I just can't imagine holding off. I'm "all in" at this point. I'm hoping I'll know enough days in advance that I'll be able to come to terms with the results without ruining my (or god forbid, everyone else's) Christmas.

That's too funny! or really, if we get BFNs, they should get big fat negative checks -- where they owe money us instead! They should only get paid when they are successful!

Real Estate agents don't get paid until the close on a house, so REs should get paid once the baby is delivered! I like this plan!

I like that plan :thumbup:

I don't blame you for going ahead in December, if we didn't have to wait for insurance reasons I would go ahead and do it too. The time we have to TTC doesn't last very long and if we always waited til it was convenient we would be waiting forever... Hopefully you will have a few days to absorb the result either way. Maybe you should go see Santa at the mall and put in a special request for the best Christmas present ever :happydance:

Springy - Any sign of AF yet? :witch:

Nope not yet .... I won't be concerned till after 36 days so Monday I will be freaking! Just for giggles I POAS this AM of course it was negative :haha: what was I thinking that this could EVER happen on my own?!?!?!

Stupid AF! She comes when you don't want her, and she doesn't when you do! :grr:

FINALLY got Walgreens to ship my medications for delivery tomorrow. I do not know what their problem is. It shouldn't be that hard. I've called them 7 times since Wednesday, and just now they had everything ready for it to be shipped. One lady said they would waive the $10 shipping fee, but another lady I talked to today said she'd have to ask a supervisor, and I magically got disconnected. Finally got ahold of a second lady and just said screw it, I'll pay the $10 just to make sure I actually get my meds!

I don't need them for another month, but I had today off, so I wanted them today so I wouldn't need to take even more time off. It's like the medical community forgets that the rest of us have jobs too..... :wacko:

Springy - I would have tested too but at this point I don't know that I will believe a BFP when I see one anyway. Hope AF shows up soon. Maybe your high E2 levels last month just screwed everything up and she will be here in a few days :shrug:

SquirrelGirl - Are you going through Walgreens or Walgreens Specialty? I am with WS and I've never had them charge shipping, though I guess that could vary depending on the arrangement your clinic has :shrug:.

It took me several phone calls to get my meds too. I wish we could just get them at the local stores. They are so expensive I hate having them left on the porch. Right now I have them sent to my parents' house but then that adds the additional hassle of having to go fetch them. If it isn't one thing it is another with the AC stuff :dohh:

Stupid AF! She comes when you don't want her, and she doesn't when you do! :grr:

FINALLY got Walgreens to ship my medications for delivery tomorrow. I do not know what their problem is. It shouldn't be that hard. I've called them 7 times since Wednesday, and just now they had everything ready for it to be shipped. One lady said they would waive the $10 shipping fee, but another lady I talked to today said she'd have to ask a supervisor, and I magically got disconnected. Finally got ahold of a second lady and just said screw it, I'll pay the $10 just to make sure I actually get my meds!

I don't need them for another month, but I had today off, so I wanted them today so I wouldn't need to take even more time off. It's like the medical community forgets that the rest of us have jobs too..... :wacko:

I know ... why can't she just cooperate!!?!?! Just hoping that she shows up at some point this weekend!!!!

YAY for getting your meds shipped!!! What is your protocol?

Mrs. Bear, I go through Walgreens Specialty. They've messed my deliveries up nearly every time. Stuff that was supposed to be left they didn't leave saying there should have been a signature, when I said repeatedly, LEAVE IT, no signature required!

The worst part is that there's another woman in their system with the same name and birthdate. It causes major hassles. At least now they've started asking me to confirm my address and phone number.

Springy -- I go back to the clinic on Nov. 14 to do the orientation and get my exact plan, but I'll be on Lupron, Follistim, Ovidrel, and Crinone. (yay to no big horrible PIO shots! :dance: )

Mrs. Bear, I go through Walgreens Specialty. They've messed my deliveries up nearly every time. Stuff that was supposed to be left they didn't leave saying there should have been a signature, when I said repeatedly, LEAVE IT, no signature required!

The worst part is that there's another woman in their system with the same name and birthdate. It causes major hassles. At least now they've started asking me to confirm my address and phone number.

Springy -- I go back to the clinic on Nov. 14 to do the orientation and get my exact plan, but I'll be on Lupron, Follistim, Ovidrel, and Crinone. (yay to no big horrible PIO shots! :dance: )

I have the opposite issue - I ask for signature and they always come with a sticker saying deliver it regardless. I haven't had any errors but I did have one where they didn't seal the ziploc the meds were in and the icepaks made all the boxes damp. The icepaks had also been cut at some point so there was gross gel oozing everywhere :sick: My insurance is dropping WS at the end of the year though so after that I will have to switch to Freedom.

I bet it is confusing with the same name AND birthdate. Before I got married my mom and I had the same first and last name and I had horrible issues on credit reports. Took me 6 months to get them to take off a credit card my mom opened when I was 2 years old that obviously wasn't mine. I hope they got it all worked out and your meds don't ship to that other lady. Imagine what a hassle that would be :dohh:

Congrats on no PIO - I am not so lucky but I don't think I will be on Lupron so that is good :thumbup:

Sounds like in another month we will start having a lot of things decided - lots of consults mid November :happydance:

Ay Up - and Oh my Giddy Aunt!

I had a phone call from the clinic yesterday and they have found us a donor! :happydance:

Her period is due over the weekend and if she's on time we will be starting this month, if she's late it will be the December cycle cuz of Christmas.
They obviously don't want us to be needing transfers and the like over the Christmas closure - so if her period is on time, transfer will fit in just before Christmas - if it's a little late, we will have to wait.

The donor coordinator asked how I feel about doing drugs over Christmas and I don't care! I'm no big drinker (I drink an average of 1 beer a week!) and although I would generally have a couple on Christmas day, I really won't care about not being able to.
Sooo - the millpond has ruffled! someone has opened the sluice gates and I'm off down the millrace!

And I am soooo excited!

I've done an IC this morning CD27, and it's negative, so no reason from my end that this can't go ahead....now I just want my period to arrive on time, which is tomorrow/Monday at the very latest. I have a textbook 28 day cycle, occasionally it goes to 29 days if CD1 started late in the day for example, so it should be well and truly started by the time I have to ring the clinic on Tuesday.

I have appointments booked in for our paperwork and pre-treatment scan - so off we jolly well go!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOSH, Urchin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's incredible news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yipee::dance::wohoo::headspin:

Wow!!!!!!! So exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From the millpond to the whitewater rapids!!!!!

Urchin I got CHILLS reading your post!!! This is the BEST NEWS possible!!! I am SO SO SO SO SO happy for you that you got your early "Christmas" wish :) Now let's pray for a BFP before or during the Holiday's.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

:wohoo:Hooray urchin! Fabulous news!!!! So happy for you to finally have your donor - so long millpond, hello rapids! :wohoo:

Hope everything starts on time but I wouldn't care about doing meds over Christmas either, bring it on! :happydance:

SqurrelGirl, Springy and Mrs Bear - thankyou so much!
I got my period this morning - have to wait til tomorrow to find out if donor lady got hers too ... Then I'll know if we start November or December

I'm hoping of course for November and a pre-Christmas transfer ... So I can feel all special over Christmas and keep everything crossed for testing day. Probably quite
literally; I'll keep my legs plaited at all times to make it harder for the embies to drop out :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->