• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Hope the timing works out urchin and AF came for the donor too :thumbup:

As for me, called finance at the clinic today and still waiting for a call back. It has been almost two weeks and I really want to know what is what before committing to insurance - I HAVE to do that this week :growlmad:

Based on temps I think I might have O'd last Thurs/Fri so AF should be here early Nov. Think I may go ahead and go on BCP then because another long cycle would probably make us have to push IVF back a few weeks.

How is everyone else doing? Springy- any sign of :witch: yet?

Hope the timing works out urchin and AF came for the donor too :thumbup:

As for me, called finance at the clinic today and still waiting for a call back. It has been almost two weeks and I really want to know what is what before committing to insurance - I HAVE to do that this week :growlmad:

Based on temps I think I might have O'd last Thurs/Fri so AF should be here early Nov. Think I may go ahead and go on BCP then because another long cycle would probably make us have to push IVF back a few weeks.

How is everyone else doing? Springy- any sign of :witch: yet?

UGGGHHH NO :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

I did call the clinic today and they said that I should go in for a blood test to confirm the negative and then the nurses would talk to me and perhaps suggest an appointment with my OBGYN. Problem .... he only works there twice a month so I feel like I might as just well wait for AF to show up on her own as I am 99.99% sure I am not prego!!! Considering I never even detected ovulation it would make it tough to have conceived as we weren't even overly active this month .... BD has be come such a chore that there is NO enjoyment left in it!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

I know what you mean, BD isn't nearly as much fun when you feel like you have to :dohh:

What good does it do to send you to an Ob/Gyn anyway?? If you aren't pregnant just give you a Rx to start AF and get on with it. It isn't like we don't know it is the fertility meds that screwed up the cycle. REs are specialized O/G anyways right? Hope AF shows for you soon and you can get on with things.

I know what you mean, BD isn't nearly as much fun when you feel like you have to :dohh:

What good does it do to send you to an Ob/Gyn anyway?? If you aren't pregnant just give you a Rx to start AF and get on with it. It isn't like we don't know it is the fertility meds that screwed up the cycle. REs are specialized O/G anyways right? Hope AF shows for you soon and you can get on with things.

My OBGYN is my RE - he does both :) But he is only at the fertility clinic roughly 2x a month so getting in to see him is sometimes very difficult. I have opted, after a clear blue digital told me NOT PREGNANT this AM (not that I was shocked by seeing it!) that I will just wait for AF to show up on her own. I don't want to take any more drugs that will screw up my system as clearly the Gonal F and estrogen readings of 4800 last month really F-UP my system!!!! That's my little rant for this morning!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree - If you keep getting BFNs what else is there for them to do about it anyway.

And rant away - you have certainly earned the right to :grr:

That is what we are here for after all :flower:

I agree - If you keep getting BFNs what else is there for them to do about it anyway.

And rant away - you have certainly earned the right to :grr:

That is what we are here for after all :flower:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: the :witch: FINALLY showed up!!!!! CD1 today and have my CD3 scan booked for Friday morning!!! Let's hope this last IUI is all I need!!!

Mrs. Bear - any luck with the financing department calling you back?

Urchin - any word from the clinic on whether you're good to go in November?

:yipee: Hooray for Springy's :witch:! :yipee: FX this next IUI does the trick. FrankieGirl that posted on this thread got her BFP on IUI #7 which was going to be her last IUI before IVF too. It can happen!

No word from the finance dept yet. They've only had 2 weeks to call back after all.. :growlmad: I don't have to decide my financing yet but I really want to know what the options are before I commit to insurance - and I only have a couple more days to do that. I have the feeling I will just have to pick something and hope for the best.

Is it just me or does it seem like every decision we have to make through this process is one gamble after another... Roll the dice, roll the dice, roll the dice and pray it doesn't come up snake eyes....

https://www.myemoticons.com/images/hobbies-leisure/gambling/craps.gif https://www.myemoticons.com/images/hobbies-leisure/gambling/roulette.gif

Well this will be IUI #4 for us, two with clomid and only 1 follicle and then one with 7 follicles via Gonal F but that's when my estrogen went through the roof! So we are hoping that this month with 1/2 the amount of Gonal F we can get 2 to 3 good follicles without doing wonky things with my estrogen levels.

Ok 2 weeks is MORE than enough time to call you back! I would be calling again daily till I got an answer from them!!!!

And yes - EVERYTHING is a roll of the dice :) Its just not fair but THIS will work for us!!!!

BTW - I'm Carolyn :)

Just an update. Have an appt on Halloween for a consult. May start IVF December/ January. So excited and nervous all at the same time. Hubby TESE for Dec 2.

So we are hoping that this month with 1/2 the amount of Gonal F we can get 2 to 3 good follicles without doing wonky things with my estrogen levels.

Ok 2 weeks is MORE than enough time to call you back! I would be calling again daily till I got an answer from them!!!!

BTW - I'm Carolyn :)

Hi Carolyn :hi: I can't tell you mine yet - it's fairly uncommon and I'm paranoid about security for DH so not telling anyone til DH is home safe. I should be able to 'out' myself soon though :flower:

Hopefully they can fix things and you won't have that issue this cycle. That is probably why AF took so long to get here because your estrogen had to get back into a normal range for the next cycle to get going.

And yeah, I think they have had more than enough time too :growlmad: Going to try again tomorrow. Even a call to say they don't know yet would be at least common courtesy...

Just an update. Have an appt on Halloween for a consult. May start IVF December/ January. So excited and nervous all at the same time. Hubby TESE for Dec 2.

Hi desperate4567 - glad to hear things are getting started for you. I agree, this whole process brings so many mixed emotions. But at least we are all that much closer to finally seeing that BFP :thumbup: Hope everything goes well Monday and you get your schedule lined up.

Hi everyone!! I just saw the RE today and was told that all my tests look good so next step is to try clomid and at least 3 iui's before moving forward!! I'm excited and nervous at the same time..I'll do anything for a BFP but getting my hopes up every month is getting frustrating!! We've been TTC for 3 1/2 years and just recently I swallowed my fears and went and got checked out..I was kinda hoping for a problem so that I'd at least have an explanation bit unfortunately they say were just unexplained! :nope: good luck everyone!! :thumbup:

Hi LunaLu26 :hi:

We are unexplained too. I have PCOS but my RE said since we still weren't pregnant after getting me to ovulate and after all our IUIs we became unexplained. Which just means they don't know what is wrong :shrug:

It is great that you got checked out. I think too many people wait longer than they should and it really is an empowering thing to take some control over the process and move on to that next step (it was for me at least). Will you be starting your clomid/IUI in November then or will it be later than that? Hope the IUI works for you and you get that BFP soon :flower:

I agree!! I feel a lot better now that I know that it's in the right hands...I waited longer than I should have but can't dwell on that now..I'm at least on the right track!! Yes, I will start that in November and I'm super excited..RE wants to start there and after 3 cycles if we don't get a BFP then he wants to check into seeing if I possibly have endometriosis..I'm hoping we don't have to get that far but, I'll stop at nothing!! This is such a tiresome and frustrating process..I know in the end it'll be beyond worth it but getting there takes it's toll! Not being able to just naturally do what you feel you should be able to becomes so stressful..it's nice having people in the same situation to talk to..not many people really understand it all especially without having gone through it themselves!

WELCOME desperate :hi: I'm with you - excited and nervous all in the same time! But at least you have a great support system in this thread and this board :) Lots of amazing women on here who just "get" what you're going through!!!

Hi Carolyn :hi: I can't tell you mine yet - it's fairly uncommon and I'm paranoid about security for DH so not telling anyone til DH is home safe. I should be able to 'out' myself soon though :flower:

Hopefully they can fix things and you won't have that issue this cycle. That is probably why AF took so long to get here because your estrogen had to get back into a normal range for the next cycle to get going.

And yeah, I think they have had more than enough time too :growlmad: Going to try again tomorrow. Even a call to say they don't know yet would be at least common courtesy...

I totally get your needing to be anonymous! There were times when we knew stuff that was going on overseas and couldn't say anything or we couldn't talk about where DH brother was or what he was doing b/c of confidentiality!! You must be counting down the days till he is home!!!

Hi everyone!! I just saw the RE today and was told that all my tests look good so next step is to try clomid and at least 3 iui's before moving forward!! I'm excited and nervous at the same time..I'll do anything for a BFP but getting my hopes up every month is getting frustrating!! We've been TTC for 3 1/2 years and just recently I swallowed my fears and went and got checked out..I was kinda hoping for a problem so that I'd at least have an explanation bit unfortunately they say were just unexplained! :nope: good luck everyone!! :thumbup:

Hi LunaLu! Welcome to the unfortunate "unexplained" club!! That would be me too ... DH and I have been trying for 2 years now and first sought out help in October 2010 so it has now been officially a full year that we have been with a Dr and seeking answers. I had a lap done for endometriosis in July, if that's what you end up having done it is NOT something to worry about - it was relatively smooth sailing and did yield some answers as they did find a small patch of endo on my left ovary, which they removed! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask as Mrs Bear and I have both been through several IUIs and treatments!

You must be counting down the days till he is home!!!

I am DEFINITELY counting down the days :happydance: I have a window of about when it should be but I have to be really vague on here about exactly when that is. But it is coming fast :cloud9:

FINALLY talked to finance (after I called yet again..). Can't remember how much detail I went into on this thread but we were trying to decide if we want to buy a multi-cycle plan (2 fresh/2 FET). But she confirmed today that if we don't have any frosties we forfeit the 2 FET from the multi-cycle plan they offer. They will not apply those to another fresh cycle. This is Attain IVF, not my clinic's policy. So since losing the FET eliminates most of the savings it is sounding more and more like we won't be doing that. At least til we know if I get frosties or not (RE says not likely).

:growlmad: Was a little annoyed that she didn't acknowledge the messages I left or apologize for not returning my calls.

You must be counting down the days till he is home!!!

I am DEFINITELY counting down the days :happydance: I have a window of about when it should be but I have to be really vague on here about exactly when that is. But it is coming fast :cloud9:

FINALLY talked to finance (after I called yet again..). Can't remember how much detail I went into on this thread but we were trying to decide if we want to buy a multi-cycle plan (2 fresh/2 FET). But she confirmed today that if we don't have any frosties we forfeit the 2 FET from the multi-cycle plan they offer. They will not apply those to another fresh cycle. This is Attain IVF, not my clinic's policy. So since losing the FET eliminates most of the savings it is sounding more and more like we won't be doing that. At least til we know if I get frosties or not (RE says not likely).

:growlmad: Was a little annoyed that she didn't acknowledge the messages I left or apologize for not returning my calls.

OK that is NOT cool to not even apologize!!! That to me is beyond rude. But on the good side you did get the answers you were looking for.

AFM - clinic called this AM they have to reschedule my IVF consultation appointment. Hopefully it won't be delayed by too much time!!!!

OK that is NOT cool to not even apologize!!! That to me is beyond rude. But on the good side you did get the answers you were looking for.

AFM - clinic called this AM they have to reschedule my IVF consultation appointment. Hopefully it won't be delayed by too much time!!!!

I agree - there wasn't even a 'I got your messages' to acknowledge them, much less an apology for not calling back when she obviously had gotten the response from the other company already. Oh well, at least I got my answer and can finalize 2012 insurance based on that.

:grr: I hate it when they do that! What is the point of making an appointment over a month ahead of time if they won't honor it? Did they explain a reason for needing to reschedule it? Hopefully it won't be delayed too long. If they put you on a long DR protocol you would need to get things started by mid/late December wouldn't you? FX this next IUI works and you won't need to worry about it :thumbup:

Hey there. I have been kind of in and out of B&B the last few weeks trying to figure out what our next steps will be. We have an appointment tomorrow to meet with our doctor to discuss and most likely schedule IVF for my next cycle. I am a bit panicked. I have read a couple of books but feel like I don't know much about it. I don't know if it is a 30 or 60 day process, how the medications will make me feel, etc. A bit panicked. I don't know what the shared risk options are or if we would even try it more than once (although it does seem like it works for some on the second round).... ugh... my head is spinning. IUIs I know like the back of my hand but when it comes to IVF I feel a bit in the dark.

Mrs Bear - You must be excited for hubby to be home soon.
Springy - Hopefully you won't ever need the IVF :)

Hi Springy!! Thanks for the welcome into the group..not the best group to be in but nice to have others to work through everything with!! Any insight on what to expect with the iui's would be much appreciated!! I've been reading up on it but to get actual info from someone that's gone through it would be such a great help! Whenever you did yours did you take clomid as well? Thanks in advance for any help!!! Good luck to you!!:thumbup:

Hey there. I have been kind of in and out of B&B the last few weeks trying to figure out what our next steps will be. We have an appointment tomorrow to meet with our doctor to discuss and most likely schedule IVF for my next cycle. I am a bit panicked. I have read a couple of books but feel like I don't know much about it. I don't know if it is a 30 or 60 day process, how the medications will make me feel, etc. A bit panicked. I don't know what the shared risk options are or if we would even try it more than once (although it does seem like it works for some on the second round).... ugh... my head is spinning. IUIs I know like the back of my hand but when it comes to IVF I feel a bit in the dark.

Mrs Bear - You must be excited for hubby to be home soon.
Springy - Hopefully you won't ever need the IVF :)

Hi 31 - great to see you back :flower:. I've read up some on IVF online but I also learned a lot from following the threads on here. Seems like everyone is different. Whether it is a 30 or 60 day process depends on your RE and what protocol they put you on (basically whether you DR-Down Regulate or not). I haven't done an IVF yet but I did do an injectible IUI cycle using Gonal-F. I didn't find the injectibles bad at all and thought the side effects were a lot less than the clomid. Not everyone uses the same meds though and again everyone responds differently, but most people on here don't seem to have a lot of issues with the meds.

From what I have seen it seems like the most uncomfortable part is near Egg Retreival when your ovaries are enlarged and there are lots of follicles ready. How much depends on how many follies you have - I've seen anywhere from 2 to 30+ with the BnB posters. Some people have more pain after ER than others but for most it doesn't seem to be too bad. You would be either sedated or put under for ER depending on your clinic. From what I have read the Egg Transfer doesn't seem to that much different than an IUI so that shouldn't be a big deal. Many clinics do a 'mock' transfer so if you have one of those it will give you an idea of how ET will go.

I've looked into the shared risk at my clinic too and we probably won't do that, at least not right away. My RE doesn't think we will have any frosties to use for the FET cycles and if we don't we would forfeit that part of the shared risk plan. Once the FET cycles come out we won't be saving more than a couple hundred dollars to do the shared risk plan, but we would be risking paying a lot more if we get first time lucky and forfeit the rest of the plan. If we do end up with frosties from the first cycle it might be an option for down the road if we don't get success right away but it doesn't make sense for us right now. Because of my age I am not eligible for the refund plans they offer so that doesn't factor in at all for us. I would suggest to take some time and work out the numbers for your situation and use that to make your decision about whether the shared risk sounds right for you.

The link in my signature for 'Infertility Blog' is a blog written by a Dr at NYU and there are some good posts in there that may answer a lot of questions you have too if you have time for some reading :flower:

And YES I am VERY excited that DH will be coming home soon :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"