IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Thanks squirrel...it feels like everything that's could go wrong this month has. Does anyone have this problem with many cysts after injectable meds? I have so many and the biggest being 40mm!

blue - I have had cysts after a couple IUIs and my RE put me on BCP for a few weeks and they went away. Another lady on here had one around 7cm I think and she was on BCP around 6 weeks I think and it went away. It isn't uncommon to have cysts. Sorry for the delay - I know how disappointing that can be :hugs:

Constance - did you have your ER?

Dis3tnd - was your transfer today?

Lots of :dust: for some 2012 BFPs for us all! :thumbup:

Thanks squirrel...it feels like everything that's could go wrong this month has. Does anyone have this problem with many cysts after injectable meds? I have so many and the biggest being 40mm!

Bluestorm, I had a few from the left over corpus leuteum from when I did my IUI. I had 5 follicles and they left corpus luteums of around 40 mm on CD 4. FS knows they're not cysts because I had my E2 checked and it was 10. If E2 is low then they are not cysts. I've been on BCP for the last 2 weeks and hopefully by next week, they will be gone so I can start IVF.

Good luck to you!

I had one cyst (38mm I think?) after my first IUI. It was a real shock and extremely disappointing. My doctor hadn't told me this was a possible side effect so it took me by surprise. Now I know after talking with so many other ladies on BnB that it actually seems to be pretty common. It won't happen every cycle, but it seemed like a good percentage of ladies using injectibles ended up with some cysts at some point or another.

They will go away on their own or a bit faster with BCP, but really they are just an unfortunate delay. Not anything more serious to worry about. But they totally suck anyway.

Thanks everyone for the reassurance. I am glad to hear that it is common to have this happen. They did not mention anything about bop so maybe I will just ask to see what they say. I think I am going to start acupuncture this month

Hi everyone, Happy New Year! I know this year will be great for us all!

I haven't had much going on and have been pretty busy with family. On Day 1 after retrieval, when they called to say 19 fertilized, they also said that I won't be doing a fresh transfer since my estrogen is so high. We were bummed, but I have been feeling soo crappy this week with my (I think minor) OHSS that it was probably a good idea. We were looking forward to hearing how our potential bubbas were doing on day 3, but the clinic never called with the status like they said they would. We were worried but decided not to stress about it.

Last night though, we were both up all night stressed about how many will make it to freeze - especially since we had no idea how they were doing so far. When I did sleep, I either had a good dream about the phone call, or a nightmare - a few different of each. Finally by 11 this morning we didn't get a call, and we panicked thinking they wouldn't again, since they close at 12. We started calling, and no one answered for the entire 45 minutes we kept ringing off their phones. I proceeded to email my RE asking for an update, and just as I pushed send the embryologist called, sigh.

Well, I'm very happy to report that they decided to freeze 11, very good looking embryos. He said most are AA grade, and all are looking very good! What a relief!

BlueStorm - I had a cyst after an IUI w clomid cycle. We decided to try naturally and it just wouldn't go away and we wasted so much time. Finally I took BCP and it went away in 2 weeks.... so silly of us to not just take the BCP to start with. Don't worry, they're not uncommon - although sometimes they can be uncomfortable. Sorry you have to go through it, I know how tough delays can be!

Well, I'm very happy to report that they decided to freeze 11, very good looking embryos. He said most are AA grade, and all are looking very good! What a relief!

:dohh: I knew you were doing FET and completely blanked... can't even keep track of my own update list these days... LOL :haha:

11 frosties is AWESOME!!!! Sorry they stressed you out waiting but glad you got such wonderful news! :happydance:
:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

:dohh: I knew you were doing FET and completely blanked... can't even keep track of my own update list these days... LOL :haha:

11 frosties is AWESOME!!!! Sorry they stressed you out waiting but glad you got such wonderful news! :happydance:

Thanks! No problem - I think we can all agree that you do a pretty awesome job at the update lists!! Besides, hubby's home now - we all know where your attention is ;)

Thanks! No problem - I think we can all agree that you do a pretty awesome job at the update lists!! Besides, hubby's home now - we all know where your attention is ;)

Exactly!! No worries about not keeping the list up to date all the time!! You've got a hubby to spend time with! :thumbup: Did you have a fabulous Christmas with him home? I just can't even imagine how happy the whole family must be...

BlueStorm - I had a cyst after an IUI w clomid cycle. We decided to try naturally and it just wouldn't go away and we wasted so much time. Finally I took BCP and it went away in 2 weeks.... so silly of us to not just take the BCP to start with. Don't worry, they're not uncommon - although sometimes they can be uncomfortable. Sorry you have to go through it, I know how tough delays can be!

Congrats..that is a great number and most being AA is awesome. Sorry you have a delay as well. It does get frustrating always getting delayed but I know its for the best. Good luck when you get to do your transfer!

Exactly!! No worries about not keeping the list up to date all the time!! You've got a hubby to spend time with! :thumbup: Did you have a fabulous Christmas with him home? I just can't even imagine how happy the whole family must be...

The bad part is that I did have the list accurate and was looking at it when I posted to ask Dis3tnd about her transfer, I have just apparently lost the ability to read... LOL :rofl: I blame it on the IVF being so close... that will be my excuse for everything for the next month :haha:

We had a very nice quiet Christmas at home then went to my parents on the 26th so he wouldn't have to rush straight into holidays the first day back. Had a nice visit with extended family yesterday too. I definitely got one of my best presents ever this year by having him home :thumbup:

Hi Ladies, Mind if I join? I will be doing my first round of IUI in Jan. with clomid, HVG trigger and progestrone afterwards, Hubby and I trying for about 20 months now and Ive been diagnosed with endo..boo..

Hi Equal! Good luck on your IUI. When are you starting? I did one round of IUI and am starting IVF in a week.:hugs:

Thanks!! im currently on Day 1 today so im going through cycle monitoring starting this week! the actual iui is going to be around Jan. 18th..Good Luck to you!!

Thanks! I will be doing embryo retrieval 5 days after your IUI. Keep us posted! Did you do all natural in your previous cycles?

Welcome Equal :hi:

Just took my last BCP tonight so I am officially on my way :happydance: I have my baseline ultrasound and E2 levels tomorrow morning and if all is well I should start injections Saturday

Hi Ladies, Mind if I join? I will be doing my first round of IUI in Jan. with clomid, HVG trigger and progestrone afterwards, Hubby and I trying for about 20 months now and Ive been diagnosed with endo..boo..

Welcome Equal! :hi:

I won't be far behind you. Good luck with your IUI!

Welcome Equal :hi:

Just took my last BCP tonight so I am officially on my way :happydance: I have my baseline ultrasound and E2 levels tomorrow morning and if all is well I should start injections Saturday

Yay for no more BCP :happydance: I can't wait to hear about your BFP! Good luck tomorrow. Will DH be able to go with you and also help you with injections?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->