IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Yay for no more BCP :happydance: I can't wait to hear about your BFP! Good luck tomorrow. Will DH be able to go with you and also help you with injections?

DH should be off for retrieval and transfer but he won't be there for scans. His post is an hour away and he goes in around 5am so it would be a lot to ask for them to let him out for several hours on multiple days. I would rather wait and push for the big days (and hopefully pregnancy ultrasounds later) than push for him to go for follie scans. I've been through so many follie scans on my own the past year that I figure I will be ok on my own for that part. Hopefully will be all good news :thumbup:

I can do the stim injections fine but DH should be around for the progesterone injections later on in the bum. Not looking forward to those...

Yay for no more BCP :happydance: I can't wait to hear about your BFP! Good luck tomorrow. Will DH be able to go with you and also help you with injections?

DH should be off for retrieval and transfer but he won't be there for scans. His post is an hour away and he goes in around 5am so it would be a lot to ask for them to let him out for several hours on multiple days. I would rather wait and push for the big days (and hopefully pregnancy ultrasounds later) than push for him to go for follie scans. I've been through so many follie scans on my own the past year that I figure I will be ok on my own for that part. Hopefully will be all good news :thumbup:

I can do the stim injections fine but DH should be around for the progesterone injections later on in the bum. Not looking forward to those...

I see your point about pushing for the bigger days. Those are the most important and I bet DH feels the same way. I think I would do that also. I'm sure everything will be great. Let us know how it goes. Injections in the bum.... yeah that might be a good thing to get some help with. They may not be fun at all but well worth it in the end! :flower:

:hi: all
Af arrived this morning and I have baseline today too
All being well I should start stims tomorrow :thumbup:

Hello all, happy new year!
I've started on Buserelin today and an hour or so after my shot I started feeling really faint and pukey.. Bleurgh!
Has anyone else feel sick after taking Buserelin? Just wondering if it's an initial thing or will I be throwing up for the next 4 weeks?
I guess it's a good job I've been told to do it in the afternoon, at least hopefully this way I'll be able to cope with work! :help:
Hope that those of you who are back in work are coping ok xx

Hey ladies sorry I haven't been arround for a while I get my dates on Friday when we see the fs so I will know when we will start we will also get oh's sa result I'm really starting to feel very scared about the whole thing all I keep thinking about is how will I cope with injecting myself, what if oh can't produce a sample, what if I don't respond what if what if what if??? I have my lap in 3weeks I am also scared about that too I had such a bad time last time I was as well as in a lot of pain I was so emotional how will I cope with that and IVF?

Congrats to all those successful BFP's :happydance:

Hey ladies sorry I haven't been arround for a while I get my dates on Friday when we see the fs so I will know when we will start we will also get oh's sa result I'm really starting to feel very scared about the whole thing all I keep thinking about is how will I cope with injecting myself, what if oh can't produce a sample, what if I don't respond what if what if what if??? I have my lap in 3weeks I am also scared about that too I had such a bad time last time I was as well as in a lot of pain I was so emotional how will I cope with that and IVF?

Hello wanna, wow it's really all happening soon! Fingers crossed for the SA results and the lap. I'm sure your OH will be ok with producing a sample, you know what men are like! If he has trouble with it many clinics let you do one at home and bring it in within the hour, I'm sure you could probably check whether this is an option?
Re: injecting, again, there are ways around this too. I was convinced I would do this myself but when push came to shove I couldn't cope with looking at the needle going in! :nope:
Luckily the OH relished the chance of being able to stab me for the next 3/4 weeks. So there you go, sorted. Take him with you when you go & get your drugs and I'm sure he won't be as useless as he looks if needed (ok, I'm talking about my OH now, haha).
All the best and lots of :dust: to you & everyone else xx

I too am only having DH there for the ER and ET figuring I will be ok the rest of the days. Trying to decide if I want him to take the day off the day of the HCG, I dont know if I want to find out alone and then tell him (cause if its a BFP) Id love to tell him in a special way and if its a BFN I can call him and he can be home to be with me in 20 minutes.
As far as the injections go for the big ones I am going to run across the street and have my nurse friend give them to me (we work together) and I don't think I trust DH enough but we will see.. hahaha!!

:hi: all
Af arrived this morning and I have baseline today too
All being well I should start stims tomorrow :thumbup:
Good luck, excited for you!

hey wannabe!! I am the same way I think about smth new everyday but am also very worried about what if i go through all of this and DH cant even give a sample. There sure are a lot of what ifs but at this point we cant change things it is out of our hands so we can only hope for the best!! Good luck girl :)

Thanks!! im currently on Day 1 today so im going through cycle monitoring starting this week! the actual iui is going to be around Jan. 18th..Good Luck to you!!

Welcome Equal! :wave:

Hello wanna, wow it's really all happening soon! Fingers crossed for the SA results and the lap. I'm sure your OH will be ok with producing a sample, you know what men are like! If he has trouble with it many clinics let you do one at home and bring it in within the hour, I'm sure you could probably check whether this is an option?
Re: injecting, again, there are ways around this too. I was convinced I would do this myself but when push came to shove I couldn't cope with looking at the needle going in! :nope:
Luckily the OH relished the chance of being able to stab me for the next 3/4 weeks. So there you go, sorted. Take him with you when you go & get your drugs and I'm sure he won't be as useless as he looks if needed (ok, I'm talking about my OH now, haha).
All the best and lots of :dust: to you & everyone else xx
When he produced his as sample (the one we get the result on Friday for) he really struggled he did do it at home and I took it to the lab but they said when they do egg retrieval he will need to produce it there :/
Wow 3/4 weeks of injections I didn't even know it was that long :/
Thatnk you girls it's good to know your all here :hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies :waves: Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend.

I know it probably sounds crazy but I'm getting excited that my lap is coming up. I mean I'm nervous what he'll find but I'm sure that he'll get me all fixed up and then we can move onto the positive stuff. Let the countdown begin...9 days. :happydance:

A new year and new beginning!!

Hi ladies, trust every one is fine and waiting a BFP this year! Ive decided to wait a couple months for IVF#2. Need to really prepare my mind and body. AM still trying to convince my doc to go the short protocol but he is adamant. So i decided while waiting to start ivf#2 in mar, i can as well try with dear friend clomid in the interim. Somewhere inside me (and trust me i dont get this feeling often) i feel i will get a BFP before Mar. (wishful thinking? maybe.) So i got me the preseed, sasmar lube and clomid. and i will be dringking loads of water (hear its good for the overies).Wat yah think ladies?

Welcome Equal :hi:

Just took my last BCP tonight so I am officially on my way :happydance: I have my baseline ultrasound and E2 levels tomorrow morning and if all is well I should start injections Saturday

Yay!! Good luck to you..I will be watching on here to see how you are doing :happydance:

hippiehappy - sorry, I've never taken that so can't say. Maybe check and see if they will let you take it before bed and see if it lessens the side effects? :shrug:

wanabeamama - :hugs: It is only natural to be worried. There are SO many 'what ifs' that go along with this. I try to block them out and take it one 'what if' at a time. Doesn't always work of course :blush:

bastetgrrl - Any step is progress and moves you that much closer to your BFP so definitely get excited :yipee:

doshima - I think you have to do what is best for you. IVF is a hard process and if you know that you just aren't ready to do it again then that means you are likely making the right decision. FX your instincts are right and you will get that clomid BFP before March :thumbup:

My scan today went well - no cysts. So just waiting for the call to confirm that my E2 levels are ok and I get to start 300IU Gonal-F on Saturday :happydance:

Mrs. Bear - Woo hoo no cysts! :happydance: Hope your E2 levels are ok too.

I canceled my BETA for tomorrow and told them I would come in if AF is late. My test are negative. AF should be here by this weekend but I'm pretty sure I'm out r/t follies being on the wrong side. I picked up my clomid and will order my trigger when AF arrives but DH and I discussed timed intercourse this round. Shooting for IVF in March if no positive after this cycle after long discussion. I plan to go ahead and have my IVF consult mid Jan so I can find out more about the studies and possible cost.

Bad news. Woke up this morning with killer cramps. Having a bit of spotting when I wipe, and cramps continued throughout the morning. Pretty sure AF will be here tonight or tomorrow. :(

Bad news. Woke up this morning with killer cramps. Having a bit of spotting when I wipe, and cramps continued throughout the morning. Pretty sure AF will be here tonight or tomorrow. :(

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that, Lucie. I thought for sure you'd get a bfp. Of course I always say you aren't out until the :witch: shows up. :hugs: :hugs:

So sorry Lucie but like bas said ou arent officially out until the witch shows!!! What will be your next route?

Hi ladies, trust every one is fine and waiting a BFP this year! Ive decided to wait a couple months for IVF#2. Need to really prepare my mind and body. AM still trying to convince my doc to go the short protocol but he is adamant. So i decided while waiting to start ivf#2 in mar, i can as well try with dear friend clomid in the interim. Somewhere inside me (and trust me i dont get this feeling often) i feel i will get a BFP before Mar. (wishful thinking? maybe.) So i got me the preseed, sasmar lube and clomid. and i will be dringking loads of water (hear its good for the overies).Wat yah think ladies?

Good luck on the cycle with clomid. Fx you get a BFP before IVF#2

My scan today went well - no cysts. So just waiting for the call to confirm that my E2 levels are ok and I get to start 300IU Gonal-F on Saturday :happydance:

Yay no cysts :happydance: hopefully you get that call soon so that you can move on to the next step!

Sorry to hear about the cramps Lucie :hugs: Fx AF doesn't show.

Yay for no cysts MrsBear! When do you get your E2 back? I have my scan this Thursday since last thurs' still showed left over cysts (or corpus luteums).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->