IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

So its official its a bfn. Starting my weight loss plan tommorow. Any advice is welcome please.

Sorry to hear that Sekky. :hugs:
Good luck on your weight loss plan- I'm doing the same, day one of 30 Day Shred starts tomorrow!

I'm sure everything will go great. I could see how it would be a little overwhelming though. In the end it will all be worth it :thumbup:

The clinic does drive me up the wall to say the least. If no BFP in January we are switching. But I'm trying not to think that there will be a need for switching as I'm trying to think positive about it.

I really hope you don't need to switch because you will have your :bfp: this time!!

i dont know why am so relaxed. am not dissappointed it was a bfn maybe am finding a way to deal with ttc. do you gals think it ok for me not to feel bad about my bfn? do everyone grieve? cos am surprisingly not

Sekky, I think everyone reacts differently and at their own pace. Don't beat yourself up for not feeling what you expect yourself to feel. If you deep down prepared yourself for this outcome, perhaps getting the official result won't trigger that feeling.

:hugs:

For my IUI cycles, my clinic never did blood work. :shrug: But for the IVF I know they took blood on Day 3 and every appointment after, but I didn't want to know any details so I wouldn't obsess about it comparing with other people.

Blue -- so sorry about the study. How old are you? I hope June comes around before you know it (or the IUI does the trick!!)

Thanks! I will be 31 in January. Hopefully this IUI will do it, but if not I will have some time to mentally prepare for IVF.

Yes, breaks are definitely good thing. I had one between the last IUI and the IVF and it really helped me. IVF takes a lot of effort -- not as much as I feared, but by the end I was soooo tired of all the shots and appointments.

Hi everyone, just wanted to drop in and congratulate the bfps and give a :hugs: to those who don't. Posted here a while ago and then majorly lost track, but pleased to hear of successes.

Mrs. Squirrel

Great new beta numbers. Glad to see everyghing is moving in the right direction. My new number today was 1503. Now I just have to wait for the ultrasound in a couple of weeks.

i dont know why am so relaxed. am not dissappointed it was a bfn maybe am finding a way to deal with ttc. do you gals think it ok for me not to feel bad about my bfn? do everyone grieve? cos am surprisingly not

I don't think it is that unusual. I know my first few months ttc I took it a lot harder but by my last few IUIs it wasn't as bad. I was still sad of course but it wasn't as devastating. I think I was just more mentally prepared for it not to work by then :shrug: Don't worry about how you think you are 'supposed' to feel. There is no wrong way to feel :hugs:

Sekky

Sorry to hear the news. You should let yourself feel however you want. Trust yourself.:hugs:

Hi everyone, just wanted to drop in and congratulate the bfps and give a :hugs: to those who don't. Posted here a while ago and then majorly lost track, but pleased to hear of successes.
Great to see you back PGLady :hi: Not much longer now for you to get started too :dust:

Mrs. Squirrel

Great new beta numbers. Glad to see everyghing is moving in the right direction. My new number today was 1503. Now I just have to wait for the ultrasound in a couple of weeks.
Great Beta!

So its official its a bfn. Starting my weight loss plan tommorow. Any advice is welcome please.

Sorry to hear about the bfn and good luck on the weight loss. I was reading another one of your posts about not feeling to down about the results. Everyone has their own way of dealing with things. If you feel ok that is all that matters. :hugs:

I'm sure everything will go great. I could see how it would be a little overwhelming though. In the end it will all be worth it :thumbup:

The clinic does drive me up the wall to say the least. If no BFP in January we are switching. But I'm trying not to think that there will be a need for switching as I'm trying to think positive about it.

I really hope you don't need to switch because you will have your :bfp: this time!!

Thank you Edamame. If nothing else I will be joining you at the other clinic. I do hope it doesn't come to that but it's always nice to have a backup plan with things like this.

AFM I called the clinic today since they never called me about the HSG results. Got a call back about an hour and a half later. The nurse said everything on the report sounds good but they haven't looked at the pictures yet :growlmad: She said for me to send a message to the FS through Mychart app and she will get back to me Tuesday. After that she asked if I wanted to set up an appointment to go over the results. My thinking is... well no not until I talk to her and if there is something wrong we can do that. Is it normal to have an appointment just to go over these results if nothing is wrong? I feel they just want me to come in for the "fun" of it. Am I wrong? Is there a smile for pulling hair out!?! :haha:

Hmm, MrsC.... I don't remember if I had to go back to the doctor to have them tell me the results. Hard to say whether they just want your money for the appointment or if it's routine.

Mrs CI don't think I had an appt to go over results..they just told me over the phone but every place is different so that could be normal for them

Just to update I have cd3 be and u/s new years day for next IUI. Hopefully all is well

MrsC- They told me the results over the phone as well. Putting the best light on it, maybe they ask in case people would rather discuss it in person? I really hope they're not just milking you!

Had my baseline ultrasound yesterday, he's having me do another round of Clomid at 50mg for IUI #2, if it doesn't work this time we'll go up a bit more. Had some good sized follicles in both ovaries! Now just have to wait for my smiley. :)
He also doubled the thyroid meds, the lower dose hadn't made any difference in my levels so he's still trying to get them down.

Happy New Year everyone! I hope this is the best year ever!

Thanks ladies... all this stuff is still kind of new to me so I don't know whats normal and whats not.

BlueStorm good luck on the u/s and IUI :flower:

Hey girls, I have not been in this forum recently. I have to go through it and read all the news :)

I just wanted to update me: I have started stimming!!! Yesterday I started gonal f 225 and will begin menopur on 1/2... My u/s on 12/29 shows 22 follicies (I had 17 last time), so I was happy about that :) Hopefully all of them mature and I get a bunch of eggies lol. So its 9 more days most likely until my trigger :) I took gonal f and menopur for 10 days last IVF cycle so I assume it will be about the same. I have bloodwork monday then u/s and bw wed, friday and (probably sunday).. Will do EC somewhere from 1/9-1/11 :)

Happy New Year girls! Had
u/s this morning and I have a bunch of big cysts so looks like I will be sitting this cycle out..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->