IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Hi everyone, its been a while i posted in because nothing to report about my progress. I have been testing since 24th (11 dpiui) and all bfn. Started spotting about 2hrs ago. It will be official tomorow when i go to the clinic for my pg test. I have told dh we are moving to ivf after taking 3 months off trying to enable me lose some weight and get ready my body ready for ivf.

Sorry about the BFN sekky :hugs: Taking a break is a good idea to help get yourself in the best place both physically and mentally for IVF. I've been on a break pre-IVF since mid September so it will be just short of 3 months since my last IUI cycle when I start IVF. With the preliminary stuff you will need to do for IVF you will be amazed at how fast the time will fly.

IUI procedure was today! :happydance: Everything went accordingly. I know the doctor said he was hoping for a little higher percentage of motility in OH's sperm, but he said that's usually a normal concern he has with most of his patients. I'm just praying and hoping that it works....and I'm trying to stay positive. At first when he said he was hoping for better motility, I instantly started thinking negative thoughts; but the more I've researched and read, the more I understand it a little better now.

Here's to the 2WW! Hurry, Hurry!:dohh:

Good luck on the 2ww! I know thats the hardest part :hugs:

Mrs. C here is that website about the IVF Studies. I am sure there are probably others but this is the one that someone from here posted:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=ivf

Thank you for sharing that. I will take a look at it and just see what it's all about. :thumbup:

Hi everyone, its been a while i posted in because nothing to report about my progress. I have been testing since 24th (11 dpiui) and all bfn. Started spotting about 2hrs ago. It will be official tomorow when i go to the clinic for my pg test. I have told dh we are moving to ivf after taking 3 months off trying to enable me lose some weight and get ready my body ready for ivf.

Squirelgirl, hopeful - congrats on your bfps

Sorry to hear about the BFN. Taking some time for yourself to prepare for IVF sounds like a good idea. I hope that you get a BFP going that route :hugs:

Sorry if I missed anyone else. It can be a challenge trying to keep up some days :wacko:

A small update for me. Rather than switching clinics while DH is gone we have decided to do one more cycle at the current clinic and if things don't work out we will switch when he gets back. DH would like us to try while he is over there and just see what happens. Sounds weird that I will have to do it without him but thats just the way things are sometimes I guess. I'm thinking the cycle will be around Jan. 21st. Still no results from HSG so no update on that yet.

A small update for me. Rather than switching clinics while DH is gone we have decided to do one more cycle at the current clinic and if things don't work out we will switch when he gets back. DH would like us to try while he is over there and just see what happens. Sounds weird that I will have to do it without him but thats just the way things are sometimes I guess. I'm thinking the cycle will be around Jan. 21st. Still no results from HSG so no update on that yet.

It makes sense to give it one more try while DH is away before going to IVF. It is emotional enough without doing it by yourself. It definitely is weird to do the IUI cycle by yourself (I think I did four) but you can do it :thumbup:. Have something with you for your appts and the IUI that reminds you of DH. My DH has a fancy wedding band in addition to his everyday band so I always wore that to my scans and IUIs when I wanted to feel him there with me. Is your clinic going to give you meds this time or are they still having you do a natural IUI?

Stinks that no call about the HSG yet :growlmad:

It makes sense to give it one more try while DH is away before going to IVF. It is emotional enough without doing it by yourself. It definitely is weird to do the IUI cycle by yourself (I think I did four) but you can do it :thumbup:. Have something with you for your appts and the IUI that reminds you of DH. My DH has a fancy wedding band in addition to his everyday band so I always wore that to my scans and IUIs when I wanted to feel him there with me. Is your clinic going to give you meds this time or are they still having you do a natural IUI?

Stinks that no call about the HSG yet :growlmad:

We will still do a natural cycle. They want me to do another consult to talk about meds. That irritated me! Why they need to do that I have no idea :nope: When I called the other day I asked if we were doing another u/s with the next cycle and she said they only do that with patients on meds. Excuse me but that pissed me off and I told her she didn't know what she was talking about because I had one last cycle with a trigger the next day. She then decided to pull up my chart yet she still didn't understand. She's not the doctor but she is a nurse there. One would think she would know what she was talking about before calling me back. Ugh sometimes people upset me.

I will take some music or something with me when I go in and also something that reminds me of DH. Thats a great idea! Oh and you probably just have IVF on the mind but we are still doing IUI after the next cycle :haha: No worries though I totally understand.

I will take some music or something with me when I go in and also something that reminds me of DH. Thats a great idea! Oh and you probably just have IVF on the mind but we are still doing IUI after the next cycle :haha: No worries though I totally understand.
:dohh: Yup - I've got IVF on the brain lately... excited but a little freaked out at the moment too.... :argh:

Your clinic would drive me up the wall. Definitely switch clinics after this cycle, they don't seem to have it all together when the nurses can't be more on the ball than that.

I'm sure everything will go great. I could see how it would be a little overwhelming though. In the end it will all be worth it :thumbup:

The clinic does drive me up the wall to say the least. If no BFP in January we are switching. But I'm trying not to think that there will be a need for switching as I'm trying to think positive about it.

The clinic does drive me up the wall to say the least. If no BFP in January we are switching. But I'm trying not to think that there will be a need for switching as I'm trying to think positive about it.
Well FX you will get your BFP despite their incompetence :flower:
:dust:

I was also wondering whether we had a choice for whether to do ICSI or not. Dr said we will be doing ICSI but based on what I've read on it, it isn't necessary the best option for us. DH's SA wasn't bad, and ICSI generally carries more risks and defects. I feel it doesn't benefit us the way it would for male sperm issues so why do it? Any thoughts?

Sorry I guess I'm a little nervous about the month ahead. Mrs. Bear, are you planning to exercise at all? Is that bad during IVF?

Springy, are you on BCP now to prep for IVF? Why the wait for IVF? This is a great time to prepare your body I suppose, I hope you're in tiptop shape by the time IVF rolls around.

Nope no BCP at this time. I am in the process of switching clinics so I'm in a holding pattern till we meet with our new RE. So I'm going to exercise, work on my healthy eating etc. in the next 2 months before meeting with the new Dr and then go from there.

Mrs Bear - they may only test your AMH if you show / present with an elevated day 3 FSH. Your FSH is a predictor of ovarian reserve so if yours has never been elevated that may explain why they haven't tested your AMH.

Mrs Bear - they may only test your AMH if you show / present with an elevated day 3 FSH. Your FSH is a predictor of ovarian reserve so if yours has never been elevated that may explain why they haven't tested your AMH.
As far as I know they have never tested FSH either :shrug: They acted like they didn't need it since they have seen how I respond to meds

As far as I know they have never tested FSH either :shrug: They acted like they didn't need it since they have seen how I respond to meds

When you did your medicated IUI did you do a day 3 blood work?

They did an ultrasound and E2. Once one of the student fellows mentioned doing an AMH rather than FSH due to my PCOS but when it came time to go to the injectible IUI the RE didn't order it. I read in one doctor's online blog that PCOS generally don't have issues with low reserve so I guess they just base that on their history with similar patients :shrug:

They did an ultrasound and E2. Once one of the student fellows mentioned doing an AMH rather than FSH due to my PCOS but when it came time to go to the injectible IUI the RE didn't order it. I read in one doctor's online blog that PCOS generally don't have issues with low reserve so I guess they just base that on their history with similar patients :shrug:

Interesting my day 3 was always ultrasound, E2, FSH and TSH. Odd how clinics do things so differently, wonder what the heck the new clinic will do?!?!?:shrug:

Very emotional day today. I finally got a call from my nurse at the end of the day to tell me that we can't do the ivf study because they are currently only taking women over 35. :cry: I wish she would have had the sense to look into that yesterday before she got my hopes up...sorry venting. So after crying the rest of the day away we decided we are going to try one more iui (with the financial help of my gracious parents) and if that doesn't work we will have to wait to do ivf in June when I can switch insurance. I will probably have to get another lap done by then but it is what it is.

Tommorow will be day 1 so here we go again. I will keep you girls posted.

Very emotional day today. I finally got a call from my nurse at the end of the day to tell me that we can't do the ivf study because they are currently only taking women over 35. :cry: I wish she would have had the sense to look into that yesterday before she got my hopes up...sorry venting. So after crying the rest of the day away we decided we are going to try one more iui (with the financial help of my gracious parents) and if that doesn't work we will have to wait to do ivf in June when I can switch insurance. I will probably have to get another lap done by then but it is what it is.

Tommorow will be day 1 so here we go again. I will keep you girls posted.

So sorry you weren't able to do the study - and shame on them for getting your hopes up :hugs: Hopefully it won't matter and this IUI will be the one for you :dust:

Springy, my FS office is like yours. I do ultrasound, E2, and FSH. I asked to do AMH because my sister told me it was a more steady measure.

Mrs bear, thanks for the lowdown. We are not doing the hatching but dr usually does ICSI though I think I want opt out of that. I will do yoga until I start follistim them. Will probably take normal walks. Looks like we will be on the exact same cycle.

I went for my appointment today. My left over corpus luteum from the iui cycle are still there, like 4 of them, so they asked me to stay on bcp for another week to calm them down. I guess my schedule is pushed back a week. My e2 came back below 10, which they said was good? That sounds so low but they said they want it low right now. Hormones are so confusing.

For my IUI cycles, my clinic never did blood work. :shrug: But for the IVF I know they took blood on Day 3 and every appointment after, but I didn't want to know any details so I wouldn't obsess about it comparing with other people.

Blue -- so sorry about the study. How old are you? I hope June comes around before you know it (or the IUI does the trick!!)

For my IUI cycles, my clinic never did blood work. :shrug: But for the IVF I know they took blood on Day 3 and every appointment after, but I didn't want to know any details so I wouldn't obsess about it comparing with other people.

Blue -- so sorry about the study. How old are you? I hope June comes around before you know it (or the IUI does the trick!!)

Thanks! I will be 31 in January. Hopefully this IUI will do it, but if not I will have some time to mentally prepare for IVF.

I am taking your approach when I do my IVF - not asking anything other than number & size of follicles. I am going to trust that the doctors at this clinic know what they are doing and given their high success rates I have confidence in them :) Maybe the "ignorance is bliss" will help me relax!

That's a really good approach, I will try that as well. Usually the nurse calls me to give me results the same day whether I want it or not.

I am very apparehensive about the bloating. It was so uncomfortable last time when I did iui and that's only 5 follicles. I have bought some larger sized clothes to feel more comfortable.

I hope everyone has a great new years and congrats Squirrelgirl!

So its official its a bfn. Starting my weight loss plan tommorow. Any advice is welcome please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->