IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

well ladies I went for my first day 3 for my iui cycle. Given to go ahead to start clomid tonight.

is it normal to take it for only 5 days starting on day 3?

As this is my first time, what time do you typically take it?? What side effects have you experineced? I am only at 50mg, which I believe is the typical starting dosage.

The first cycle I took it 50mg 3-7 I took at night. The second time, I took in the morning. Hot flashes was mostly a problem and mostly at night for me. Also, increased appetite but that's all symptoms I ever had. Hot flashes can get bad at night though.

Equal - Just like Lucie said that 5 days on clomid is normal. I took it CD 3-7 but some take it 5-9. I took mine before bed in hopes to avoid any side effects. I didn't really have any except my BBT was really high and hot flashes at night.

Lucie - I hope your appt goes well on Friday. It sounds like injectables might be best if you only got one follie. Clomid didn't help me at all so I only did one round and now it's onto injectables after my lap next week. :hugs:

AFM - Counting down the days til surgery. :coffee: I've been doing fertility yoga and acupressure w/yoga dvds since last week and really enjoying it. If nothing else it is helping me to stay relaxed. And boy oh boy am I sore. I used to do yoga all the time but had stopped for a long time.

Found out my friend (and co-worker) is pregnant again (less than one year after having her 2nd baby). That makes two peeps in my office that are expecting. Oh joy! My DH's friend that was due a week after our DD had their baby on Jan 1st (34 wks). It's frustrating that I can't even watch tv without someone being pregnant or having a newborn. Grrr...! Okay enough venting. It'll happen when the time is right.

As for me, we will be meeting with the Dr. Friday morning at 9:15. I'm going to ask about injectables. I really don't feel like another clomid cycle is worth it for us, considering he doubled my dose last month and I only produced one follie. It does suck that this will be all out of pocket for us, but I think that it is a better use of our money to move on to something with better success rates. So hopefully I'll have a plan in place come Friday.

Lucie good luck with the appointment tomorrow. Out of pocket is horrible. I'm in the same boat. I don't even think I want to know how much the injections are. It does sound like a good idea to ask about it since you are out of pocket and want to make sure it works right away.

AFM - Counting down the days til surgery. :coffee: I've been doing fertility yoga and acupressure w/yoga dvds since last week and really enjoying it. If nothing else it is helping me to stay relaxed. And boy oh boy am I sore. I used to do yoga all the time but had stopped for a long time.

Found out my friend (and co-worker) is pregnant again (less than one year after having her 2nd baby). That makes two peeps in my office that are expecting. Oh joy! My DH's friend that was due a week after our DD had their baby on Jan 1st (34 wks). It's frustrating that I can't even watch tv without someone being pregnant or having a newborn. Grrr...! Okay enough venting. It'll happen when the time is right.

Yoga actually sounds like it would be nice. Of course I say that but don't do it. :haha: Maybe thats something I will actually look into. Being around pregnant women all day must be hard but just think soon you will get to join them! Watching tv is the worst for me, every time during the 2ww every commercial it a pregnancy test. It's like the tv is taunting me. After the 2ww its all pregnancy this and that. Ugh it gets old real quick. Venting is always good... I think it helps!

Equal - Just like Lucie said that 5 days on clomid is normal. I took it CD 3-7 but some take it 5-9. I took mine before bed in hopes to avoid any side effects. I didn't really have any except my BBT was really high and hot flashes at night.

Lucie - I hope your appt goes well on Friday. It sounds like injectables might be best if you only got one follie. Clomid didn't help me at all so I only did one round and now it's onto injectables after my lap next week. :hugs:

I really have been wanting to start some yoga. Do you happen to know the name of the acupressure w\yoga dvd?

Yoga actually sounds like it would be nice. Of course I say that but don't do it. :haha: Maybe thats something I will actually look into. Being around pregnant women all day must be hard but just think soon you will get to join them! Watching tv is the worst for me, every time during the 2ww every commercial it a pregnancy test. It's like the tv is taunting me. After the 2ww its all pregnancy this and that. Ugh it gets old real quick. Venting is always good... I think it helps!

I know exactly what you mean. The tv drives me nuts. Always pregnancy test (first response). "Your body can tell your pregnant....blah blah..." Watched Marley and Me the other day again and totally forgot about her m/c. It's EVERYWHERE! :nope:

Oh yes, it'll be nice if I can join my co-workers very soon. [-o<

I really have been wanting to start some yoga. Do you happen to know the name of the acupressure w\yoga dvd?

The acupressure one is really basic and only 30 min. It's called Acupressure for Fertility.

The yoga one even includes IVF section for before and after. It's called Bend, Breathe, and Conceive: Fertility Yoga with Anna Davis, Ph.D., RYT.

I just ordered Yoga 4 Fertility with Brenda Strong but haven't received it yet.

I really enjoy yoga when I do it but so hard to motivate myself. The one I used to due was on Netflix but since that got cancelled I guess I should look into getting a dvd too. Thanks for the suggestions bastetgrrl!

Thanks Bastetgrrl for the Yoga info. I have one at home now for anxiety that I have not tried yet, I will give that one a whirl first. I've had it for 1 year so talk about motivation :blush:

I know exactly what you mean. The tv drives me nuts. Always pregnancy test (first response). "Your body can tell your pregnant....blah blah..." Watched Marley and Me the other day again and totally forgot about her m/c. It's EVERYWHERE! :nope:

Oh yes, it'll be nice if I can join my co-workers very soon. [-o<

The acupressure one is really basic and only 30 min. It's called Acupressure for Fertility.

The yoga one even includes IVF section for before and after. It's called Bend, Breathe, and Conceive: Fertility Yoga with Anna Davis, Ph.D., RYT.

I just ordered Yoga 4 Fertility with Brenda Strong but haven't received it yet.

I have the Brenda strong DVD, it's ok. Not really any different I found than normal yoga. I also went to a 12 week fertility yoga class last year in the spring. Best part about it was the women I met!!! The yoga instructor did a lot of chanting and wanting us to chant ...... Which I'm not really into!!

The acupressure one looks interesting I might check it out!

This is the set of DVDs I have. I really liked it. It has different "workouts" for each part of your cycle:

https://www.amazon.com/Restoring-Fe...FAA4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325891864&sr=8-1

I have the Brenda strong DVD, it's ok. Not really any different I found than normal yoga. I also went to a 12 week fertility yoga class last year in the spring. Best part about it was the women I met!!! The yoga instructor did a lot of chanting and wanting us to chant ...... Which I'm not really into!!

The acupressure one looks interesting I might check it out![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not into the chanting part. The one dvd that I have says do three OMs and I'm thinking...no thanks. :haha:

This is the set of DVDs I have. I really liked it. It has different "workouts" for each part of your cycle:

https://www.amazon.com/Restoring-Fe...FAA4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325891864&sr=8-1

I looked at that one too but since I have crazy stupid LONG a$$ cycles I figured that I'd skip it. I'd end up doing the follie phase for like three or more weeks. ](*,)

So...Had our apt. with the Dr. today, and the Dr. said that IVF is our best chance. So, I'm starting BC tonight, and will start the meds (no idea what or how much) mid- to late Feb. Dr. estimates ER will be first week of March.

I'm very nervous and excited by this turn of events...

So...Had our apt. with the Dr. today, and the Dr. said that IVF is our best chance. So, I'm starting BC tonight, and will start the meds (no idea what or how much) mid- to late Feb. Dr. estimates ER will be first week of March.

Glad to hear that you got things sorted and have a plan in place :thumbup: It definitely has the best odds. If you are starting meds mid to late Feb with ER early March it sounds like you will be on short protocol and go straight from BCP to stims.

Lucie my ER/ET will be early March too :) Exciting!!!!

The acupressure one looks interesting I might check it out!

Yeah, I'm not into the chanting part. The one dvd that I have says do three OMs and I'm thinking...no thanks. :haha:[/QUOTE]

Try 30 Oms and some other ridiculous long thing in sanskrit that we did 13 times!!!! Going stressed me out because of the chanting!!!!!

Yay :happydance: loveit when a plan comes into formation, so uh more organized than being in limbo!

Hi Lucie,

Sorry about this cycle...Hope IVF goes well for you.

Af hasnt shown up yet for me. I have not tested yet. Been 2 days since I stopped progesterone. I'm so nervous. I hardly have any symptoms. I think I will wait tillend of day and take a test. Btw I am on day 19 days past IUI.

Hope2be is your cycle usually regular? As in always on time. Hopefully this is it for you. Fx AF stays away!! Good luck :thumbup:

Mrs C,

Yeah my periods are regular...always 28 days... but can't say because this cycle was injectables. So things can change. I'm going crazy thinking about this.

But Progesterone can delay periods right?

Mrs C,

Yeah my periods are regular...always 28 days... but can't say because this cycle was injectables. So things can change. I'm going crazy thinking about this.

But Progesterone can delay periods right?

No AF sounds great then. I have never used it but I believe other ladies on here have. I'm unmedicated so I'm kinda out of the loop on that whole process. Let us know how your test goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->