IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Tuesday! Unfortunately, tomorrow is only Monday ---- but who's excited for the next episode of The Bachelor! :haha:

haha I thought it was Monday all day today!!! I cant wait for the bachelor tomorrow though hehe

Tuesday! Unfortunately, tomorrow is only Monday ---- but who's excited for the next episode of The Bachelor! :haha:

You know I am!!! Its all that gets me through Monday's at work.

Oh that and tomorrow my online shopping will be delivered to the office, then I can test out my new top when I go for a run before watching the Bachelor!!

Good luck for your scan Sunshine - I'm sure they will be down enough by now :thumbup:

Good luck tomorrow Sunshine!

Squirrel, good luck on Tuesday. Looking forward to some more good news on here. Oh and yes I too am looking forward to The Bachelor tomorrow. Dh said that he's glad he won't have to sit through it since he's gone :haha:

AFM... Just waiting on AF to show in a couple days so that we can get things started again. For some reason it feels like time is crawling and it feels like it's been the longest wait for AF.

I hope everyone else is doing good :thumbup:

Good luck Sunshine!

Just waiting for a positive OPK, hoping I get it on Friday so the IUI is on Saturday and I don't have to commute to work right after like last time. I've also decided I'm going to stop temping as soon as I get a temp rise to confirm ovulation- it was just too depressing to see my temp dropping at the end and knowing it didn't work. The control freak in me is not happy at the idea but I need to stop stressing the whole TWW. Going to try to stay calm, try not to think about it all the time, do light yoga, etc.

Good luck Sunshine!

Just waiting for a positive OPK, hoping I get it on Friday so the IUI is on Saturday and I don't have to commute to work right after like last time. I've also decided I'm going to stop temping as soon as I get a temp rise to confirm ovulation- it was just too depressing to see my temp dropping at the end and knowing it didn't work. The control freak in me is not happy at the idea but I need to stop stressing the whole TWW. Going to try to stay calm, try not to think about it all the time, do light yoga, etc.

I was going to ask when you will be trying again but forgot to when I posted earlier. Fx you get your positive OPK Friday. Sounds like a good idea during the 2ww. Trying to stay stress free is the best thing to do.

Squirrel- I can't wait to hear how many is in there too!!! I'm excited for you!

Good luck Sunshine!

I did the same thing and felt SO much better not temping and obsessing over each little movement in the chart. Hope it helps you to relax :thumbup:

Hi All,

Bad news for me. 2 BFNs. IUI#1 failed. Feel shattered and devastated and for the first time in my life AF is a week late. All my hopes have disappeared.
:cry:

So sorry hope2bemom :hugs:

You will get your hopes back, you just need to take the time you need to deal with the bfn. My hope always came back when I went in to get started on the next cycle. Do you plan to do another IUI next cycle?

Hi Bear,

Thanks for your support. Yes another IUI it will be. Thinking of it makes me scared. All the painful injections. But I'm still wondering why my AF hasnt shown her face. My RE did a scan and said that endometrium is 8mm. Is that too thick whichis why AF is getting delayed?

I hope Af shows up soon.

Sorry to hear that Hope2bemom- I hope the next one goes better! :hugs:

I can't remember if you're taking Clomid but AF was about 4 days late for me last time (my first IUI too), the doc said Clomid can extend things out.

Thanks Edamame. I never thought in my life that one day I would wait for AF to arrive. Are you going for 2nd IUI?

Yes- should go in for IUI#2 this weekend or so. Doing another round of low dose Clomid, then he wants to increase it next time if it doesn't work this month. I also have hypothyroidism, and he doubled the meds for that one this month- it can cause all kinds of problems with implantation and miscarriage, so I'm really hoping that gets cleared up this month on the stronger dose! Really wishing I'd gone to the doctor a year ago instead of waiting so long.

Hi Hope2bemom30

Just thought I would add some input, I have always had regular cycles, when I do my IUI's I take progresterone and I do not get my AF until the day after I stop taking it, I get a blood test done on day 17, if negative I quit and AF comes next day. Also I wait a cycle between IUI's and those cycles are a mess now, last one was like 35 days.

I also get devastated after the failed IUI's, I cryed for 2 days straight the first time and the second time about the same. I also dread having to do the needles and the long drive and plus I have to wait a cycle inbetween, its complete torture. :cry:

Hi Bear,

Thanks for your support. Yes another IUI it will be. Thinking of it makes me scared. All the painful injections. But I'm still wondering why my AF hasnt shown her face. My RE did a scan and said that endometrium is 8mm. Is that too thick whichis why AF is getting delayed?

I hope Af shows up soon.

The thickness of the lining wouldn't delay AF. 8 really isn't that thick, that is the range they would want for implantation. Could just be that your hormones are out of whack from the meds and it will come along soon.

Hi All,

Bad news for me. 2 BFNs. IUI#1 failed. Feel shattered and devastated and for the first time in my life AF is a week late. All my hopes have disappeared.

Im so sorry to hear this hope. Were here to support you...very difficult. Im praying that the 3rd time is the charm with you. Take care

so sorry hope!!!! I hope that your cheer is better soon.. hugs

Hi All,

So sorry to hear that. I was devastated with my failed IUI as well. I only did one but with 5 mature follies, I thought it was devastating. Please don't lose hope, many people do more IUI's or move to IVF's. There were a lot of women that did IUI's who ended up getting pregnant naturally!

Just as side note that may give everyone hope, DH told me he's personally known women who have one ovary and one closed tube (on the same side as the good ovary) and got pregnant, isn't that crazy? that would mean the egg was picked up by the fimbria from the other side! wow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->