IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

When I've had u/s done they've always been able to confirm where or not I ovulated.

My transfer is monday! We have 9 being grown to blasts. Praying for at least 2 to make it! A couple more to freeze wouldnt be bad either :)

Good luck for your transfer - hope you have lots of frosties too :cold:

:dust:

Equal, I'm curious, how can they tell which one ovulated? The corpus luteum is still there, right?

im pretty sure the way they did it was look at the sizes of all of my eggs that are currently in there and noticed that two fo the bigger eggs were no longer in there...but too be honest not really sure

Equal, I'm curious, how can they tell which one ovulated? The corpus luteum is still there, right?

im pretty sure the way they did it was look at the sizes of all of my eggs that are currently in there and noticed that two fo the bigger eggs were no longer in there...but too be honest not really sure

I was at the same clinic as Equal and had 5 cycles monitored and when you ovulate on ultrasound after ovulation they can see remnants of the corpus lutem, that is how they can tell how many were released. And as equal pointed out they also compare it to the previous ultrasound to see if any are missing.

Back from today's scan. On the right she said there were about 20 and on the left she said there were 12 good ones and a bunch of smaller ones. So I don't know if the 20 on the right were all good or if that included some smaller ones too :shrug: The biggest were 16-18 with the rest around 13-14. Still waiting for the call on next steps.

Back from today's scan. On the right she said there were about 20 and on the left she said there were 12 good ones and a bunch of smaller ones. So I don't know if the 20 on the right were all good or if that included some smaller ones too :shrug: The biggest were 16-18 with the rest around 13-14. Still waiting for the call on next steps.

amazing news! my fingers are crossed for you!

Great news! Can't wait to hear what comes next! :happydance:

Good luck MoBaby!!! So exciting!!!

Mrs. Bear, you're so close too! Yay!!

Talked to the RE (not mine, the one on this weekend) and he said to lower the Gonal-F to 75 and come in again tomorrow. He thinks I will trigger tomorrow but wants another look. So if we trigger tomorrow, that would put ER on 1/17 and ET on 1/20. :thumbup:

Talked to the RE (not mine, the one on this weekend) and he said to lower the Gonal-F to 75 and come in again tomorrow. He thinks I will trigger tomorrow but wants another look. So if we trigger tomorrow, that would put ER on 1/17 and ET on 1/20. :thumbup:

I'm glad everything went well today for you. Looks like things are moving right along. Good luck on the trigger tomorrow :thumbup:

:happydance: everyting is looking good for you. Another :oneofeach: is on the way.

Yay! Everything is sounding good Mrs. Bear. :yipee:

afm bored bored bored watching movies. :coffee: Still pretty sore today. Can't stop wondering how my next appt will go. Really want to get this show on the road.:-k

I was at the same clinic as Equal and had 5 cycles monitored and when you ovulate on ultrasound after ovulation they can see remnants of the corpus lutem, that is how they can tell how many were released. And as equal pointed out they also compare it to the previous ultrasound to see if any are missing.

Very interesting... I had left over corpus Luteums after my last cycle and they look like follicles to me, that's why I wondered how they even knew because the corpus luteums were even bigger than my scan before the trigger. All this is so interesting, makes me wish I had chosen a career as an RE.

Wow, that's fantastic Mrs Bear. That sounds like so many eggs you must be mucho bloated right now. You are leading the way for me! :thumbup: Looks like you're ready to trigger soon! Your ET is only 3 days after ER? They scheduled mine for 5 days. I wonder if it has to do with the assisted hatching part that you're doing.

Wow, that's fantastic Mrs Bear. That sounds like so many eggs you must be mucho bloated right now. You are leading the way for me! :thumbup: Looks like you're ready to trigger soon! Your ET is only 3 days after ER? They scheduled mine for 5 days. I wonder if it has to do with the assisted hatching part that you're doing.

I think my clinic usually does 3 day but sometimes does 5 so I guess it will depend on how many good embryos there are. I've just always had 3 day in my head since I didn't expect we would have lots of eggs to work with. They have never said one way or the other but the paperwork implied it would be a 3 day. Will just have to wait and see what happens after egg collection.

Mrs Bear, What of your E2 level? hope its also ok?

He didn't say, not my favorite RE so I didn't stay on the phone with him long. The nurse said it all was looking good on Thursday and the numbers were in line with the scan and he just said it was going fine. The Dr that did the scan said to watch for OHSS just by number of follies but didn't mention anything about them being concerned for it because of the numbers. I will probably call Monday to talk to my nurse and get some numbers from her just so I don't wonder about it. I'm not really feeling anything other than bloat and discomfort in the ovaries right now so hoping that means the OHSS will stay away.

He didn't say, not my favorite RE so I didn't stay on the phone with him long. The nurse said it all was looking good on Thursday and the numbers were in line with the scan and he just said it was going fine. The Dr that did the scan said to watch for OHSS just by number of follies but didn't mention anything about them being concerned for it because of the numbers. I will probably call Monday to talk to my nurse and get some numbers from her just so I don't wonder about it. I'm not really feeling anything other than bloat and discomfort in the ovaries right now so hoping that means the OHSS will stay away.

What exactly is considered OHSS? Does it become painful or is it when it gets to a certain number of follicles?

Its over 20 follicles with a certain estradiol level which predicts those at risk i think. If too high they will retrieve and freeze if they feel you will have ohss. Good luck mrs.bear!!things are sounding good!

I cant wait for our et on monday! I hope the embiesare growing strong- i cant stop thinking about them !

What exactly is considered OHSS? Does it become painful or is it when it gets to a certain number of follicles?
Cases can range from very mild to super bad cases where you end up on IV in a hospital. Lots of pain and fluid in the abdomen is what I have seen BnB ladies reporting that have had it.

The Dr today said if it happens to expect it in 2 'waves'. One when you trigger with nausea and a more intense wave once you are pregnant. She said to eat lots of protein and drink lots of fluids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->