IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

I went in to look at my egg this morning and I have two mature eggs (no fertility drugs or anything!). However, they say that as we get older we are more likely to make more because our body wants to naturally compensate because with egg the quality of eggs decrease. In any case, I could not believe the monitor when I saw two eggs! I hope they are both good and my chances of a BFP are increased this month. Baby Dust to Everyone!!! Wow! Amazing what you learn about the body with assisted reproduction.

Spontaneous fraternal twins are definitely lots more common as you get older. I used to work with a lady who was going to have 'just one more' to make 3 and ended up with boy/girl twins. She got the 'buy one get one free' pregnancy :haha: Are they going to trigger you?

YAY froliky - two mature eggies on your own! That's wonderful news!

AFM - My post op has been moved from Friday to today because I'm worried about my belly button incision getting infected. It's looking a little oozy. I'm hoping that everything is okay. At least I'll get to find out how he thinks everything went with the surgery. That's positive at least.

Mrs. Bear - Doctor is waiting to see if I get my LH surge on my own first. If I don't she will trigger tomorrow. I usually get my LH surge on my own. It was strange though becasue although I got my LH surge last month and had an egg cooking, my temperature never stayed high? I am curious, though, is this the reason some women have a period even when they are pregnant? Is it because one egg was not fertilized? Interesting.

Hi everyone, happy Monday! I don't have much time to post this morning at work but I did want to ask you guys something. I went in for my scan and had 9 follies on one side and 7 on the left side, howevery they were all under 10mms. Is that normal? Yesterdays shot was my 4th shot, so treatment day 4 and cycle day 5. Any thoughts? Some were close to 10mm but none were over. Fs was really positive but I don't know if he's just being that way to not alarm me.

My next apptmt is Wednesday. I'm suppose to keep doing the shots till then.

under 10 is normal for only 4 days of shots, mine were in the 10-12 range after 5 days

I start my estrace today, so hopefully I should be transferring soon!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Froliky2011, that is fabulous! I hope those eggs get to work!

Dis3tnd, good luck!! When did they estimate your transfer will be?

Mrs Bear, thanks for that. I'm waiting to see what my E2 is as well.

Sunshine, the nurses haven't been able to tell me much, so I've booked an apptmt with my RE tomorrow so i can have some idea. I want to take time off of work for it, and so I need to have some idea!

Sunshine, the nurses haven't been able to tell me much, so I've booked an apptmt with my RE tomorrow so i can have some idea. I want to take time off of work for it, and so I need to have some idea!

I know, it's all so up in the air! I am not even sure what day my ER will be. I'm glad I didn't already take off the days based on my initial calendar, I would have had to change it 3 times already!

Well dr said my incision looks pretty normal and he cleaned it out (ouchy). He did give me a script for antibiotics just to be on the safe side. Now I have to start cleaning my belly button twice a day. OUCH! Not looking forward to that. Didn't get to discuss my surgery or what's next so looks like I've got to wait until the 23rd to find out. Boo hiss!

AFM - My post op has been moved from Friday to today because I'm worried about my belly button incision getting infected. It's looking a little oozy. I'm hoping that everything is okay. At least I'll get to find out how he thinks everything went with the surgery. That's positive at least.

Mine did the same thing! but it was really infected, just trying to heal...its prett gross though lol...it took about 1.5 weeks to heal...hope you feel better soon!!

Well dr said my incision looks pretty normal and he cleaned it out (ouchy). He did give me a script for antibiotics just to be on the safe side. Now I have to start cleaning my belly button twice a day. OUCH! Not looking forward to that. Didn't get to discuss my surgery or what's next so looks like I've got to wait until the 23rd to find out. Boo hiss!

I'm glad they got you in early- better to be safe!

This morning was my last time keeping track of my bbt until the official blood text next Monday. However, my dear husband is going to look at the thermometer for me and track it- I just want to see what it looks like whatever happens, but still keep my control freak nature under control. No POAS for me this time- relax relax relax is my mantra.

Just got the call - retrieval is Tuesday! :happydance: He said my E2 is high, over 5000. Asked how I was feeling and told me to drink a lot of gatorade. He didn't say anything about delaying transfer but he may just plan to wait and see or wants to consult with my RE first. I trigger tonight at 830

Just thought I would say good luck tomorrow!! :happydance:

Mine did the same thing! but it was really infected, just trying to heal...its prett gross though lol...it took about 1.5 weeks to heal...hope you feel better soon!!

Mine was like that for a month after surgery and then it healed and i developed other issues .... For healing, the Dr finally told me to clean it out with hydrogen peroxide. That worked then I developed eczema in my belly button and had to use cortisone cream to heal that!!! Try the hydrogen peroxide that should clear up your infection pretty quickly and it's available at any pharmacy.

let us know how it goes mrsbear!!!! Good Luck!!

AFM I have officially tested out my trigger....6 days later! now......I get to see if that little line comes back! Im 4/5 dpiui.....and the waiting continues...

Mine was like that for a month after surgery and then it healed and i developed other issues .... For healing, the Dr finally told me to clean it out with hydrogen peroxide. That worked then I developed eczema in my belly button and had to use cortisone cream to heal that!!! Try the hydrogen peroxide that should clear up your infection pretty quickly and it's available at any pharmacy.

Thanks that's what my dr told me to do twice a day. Ouchy.

Good luck mrs bear. Thinking of you today.

Yay equal! Hope the rest of the wait goes by quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->