IVF Oct/Nov/Dec BFP Announcement & 9month term thread!

Whisper- I'm stalking you all while I wait to do my FET in less than 2 weeks! By the way, you can check out prenatal yoga classes to meet other moms-to-be, and the hip opening poses are supposed to help with labor and recovery. :winkwink: My pregnant students told me our class (twice/week) made a big difference in their overall comfort.

@Lotus, good luck with your upcoming FET hun!!! I hope you get your BFP!! :dust::dust:

My suggestion to meet other moms and to make friends is this website. :thumbup: I used the site when I moved to different states over the years to help out to make new friends.

www.meetup.com

You can search in your local city and state to find lots of different groups to hang out with and make friends. After I have my twins I will probably join a couple of Mommy groups with young children to go on play dates or to even meet and go hiking with our strollers etc. It is a really great website so I would suggest checking it out. I am in the states though, so I don't know if there are groups overseas or not.

I am reposting the funny video again since the other link died for anyone that didn't get to see it. :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgcCF5JEYdc

Thanks for the ideas everyone! It is so much harder to meet friends now that I'm not in college and I only work a few times a week. I would love to meet some other new moms to hang out with.

Lotus - I am a fan of yoga - I'll have to see if I can find any prenatal classes. I'm so excited that you are moving right on to FET! I'll be thinking of you!

Wanna - I'll have to check out that site. Too bad I live so far away from all you ladies!

wanna - LOVE that video; so hilarious!

Lotus - Good luck with your FET!!!

Wanna - I checked out meetup and there is actually a mothers of twins group not far from where I live. Sounds like a good way to meet people and to get some info about raising twins too. I think I'll probably check it out!

Was just talking to Reba on Skype. Now that we are officially in the 2nd trimester, I am hoping her symptoms will die down some. Poor Reba said she felt like puking yesterday every time she sneezed. And she's still feeling tired during the day and restless at night. I do take an odd comfort in her symptoms because they are a sign that everything is still going as it should, but then I feel guilty about it. :blush:

Chase - glad everything is moving along nicely.

Lotus - Hope everything goes great with your FET!

Whisper - awesome that you were able to find a twins group near you.

Wanna - Great site to meet people.

Sand & Michelle - how are things with the two of you? When is your next ultrasound?

That is awesome Chase; welcome to the second trimester :)

Hi want!! I am doing OK; the past few days I am having tummy issues again :( I think DS keeps bringing something home cause he has been complaining about tummy aches and now for 2 days I have had one; where everytime I eat my stomach hurts really really bad. So now I am trying to eat mild, bland food to help with that and hope this passes really fast! How are you doing?? Oh, and my next scan won't be till 20 weeks, so 7 weeks away. My next OB appt is 2/18, so at least I will get to hear the hb :)

Good luck with the FET lotus! Hoping all goes well x

Want, my next ultrasound is at 20 weeks so I still have 4 weeks to go. It feels like a long time since I seen bubs so I'm looking forward to it. I have a midwife appointment on 13th Feb though so will hopefully hear the heart beat.
I've had trouble sleeping well recently. It doesn't matter how tired I am, it takes me around an hour to fall asleep then I wake up loads during the night and feel like I can't get comfortable. It's weird since I'm not even very big yet! Think I'm going to invest in a maternity pillow to see if this helps

Just wanted to pop in and say hi girls :)

I am hoping to be able to get on this weekend and catch up with everyone!

I can't believe I will be 11 weeks tomorrow! It's amazing! Next week I have an ultrasound and appt to check baby and my ovaries. I have had 0 bleeding for over a week now (knock on wood) and am hungry for everything :) I still have moment of nausea here and there and the headaches, but over all I am feeling much better. Praying for only 1 more week of bed rest!

Also, did anyone gain weight in the first trimester? I lost 7lbs from the starting of IVF injections-8 weeks pregnant. OB wanted to see me put some of that back on in first tri, but I have managed to gain nothing :shrug: I have managed to maintain the same weight since 8 weeks though, so at least I'm not losing anymore.

Girls, I am glad you guys liked that website that I recommended. :thumbup: It really is a wonderful way to meet new people and make friends!! :winkwink:

@Chase, I am so glad to hear that Reba is doing so well with her pregnancy despite the naseau. Congrats on entering the second trimester. :thumbup:

@Michelle, I hope your stomach feels better soon!! :hugs::hugs:

@Sandovel, I have a hard time sleeping through the entire night, I always wake up at like 3 or 4 am to use the bathroom and then toss and turn for a few hours, and alot of the time I can't sleep so I will wake up super early and then I end up napping the entire day away, and I am too sleepy all day to be productive, so the day goes to waste. I think I also need to get a maternity pillow as well. I am getting bigger though, so it gets uncomfortable only being able to lay on my sides or back. my arm or leg will get lame and stiff sometimes. :wacko:

@Hold, I gained slowly over my first tri. and I gained like 4 pounds total. I think it will be easier to put on weight once you start feeling better and you are out of the first tri. My appetite has definatly increased recently.

AFM, Here is my 13 week 2 day twin bump pic...

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/13weeks02-082013best_zps80a8b633.jpg

Hold - yay for no bleeding! :happydance: Hope you are able to be up and about a bit more soon.

Wanna - what a bump! You're looking great :hugs:

Hi Hold! I wouldn't worry too much about the weight thing as long as your not loosing anymore. It will happen, especially as you feel better and can eat more.

Wanna - Cute pic/awesome bump picture. And those are some cute boots!

So I am STILL fighting this stomach virus what feels like off and on for months now; it pretty much hits for a few days where I cannot eat and feel so sick all the time, but after 3 days I am back to normal and eating again. It struck again Thursday last week however I still have it. This time is different, it gave me horrible diahhrea yesterday, and I can barely eat a thing; I have lost 3.5 pounds this time too and my bump has pretty much diminished now. My DH is giving me a hard time for not eating, but I am so scared. I try to eat and my stomach starts hurting instantly! He told me I should go to the dr, but I know they cannot do anything for me. Did anyone else deal with this, is there anything you can take? I tried Immodium yesterday, it helped, but then again, I was only eating crackers after that for the rest of the day. I did call and leave a message for the nurse at my clinic to see what they suggest, but this just stinks!!

Chase - Don't feel guilty about being happy for pregnancy symptoms. My doc keeps saying the symptoms mean everything is going well, so I am happy to have them! I bet Reba is also glad to know baby Casper is doing what he is supposed to!

Sandoval - I know what you mean about the sleeping thing. I have had some difficulty with it since getting pregnant too.

Hold - I don't think you have anything to worry about with the weight thing. I lost about 6-7 lbs in the first tri because of morning sickness, and didn't start gaining it back until about week 14. Now I am finally back to pre-pregnancy weight (at week 19). My doc said it is fine and that everything is looking normal. Don't worry - you'll be packing it on in no time. :winkwink::hugs:

Wanna - That is one stylish bump you have there!

Michelle - Oh no! So sorry you have been so sick. That is awful, especially because there seems to be so little you can do to treat it since there are so few medications we can take. I'm afraid I haven't really experienced anything so bad...I had a small taste about a month ago when I had a cold and it made my MS so horrible. My inability to eat only lasted a few days and I was miserable, so I can only imagine what you are going through with this recurring stomach virus thing. I hope your clinic can do something for you! What happens if you just have some vegetable or chicken broth? At least that would help you get a few nutrients and stay hydrated. Sorry. :( :hugs::hugs:

Whisper - I may try some soup in a little bit because what seems to happen is my stomach hurts for a few hours, then I get hungry, like really hungry, I try to eat something, like this morning a 1/2 of a muffin and then bam, all over again, stomach cramps, pain, pressure and it just hurts. I am sipping water, I sucked on a lollipop and hoping in about an hour I can try soup. I did call the dr's office; got an appt at 3:15 today. I know they cannot give me anything, but hopefully it is nothing more serious either.

Thanks for all of the compliments on my bump ladies!!! :flower: You girls are all so sweet!! :winkwink:

@Michelle, I am so sorry that you are still feeling sick. I hope you start to feel better soon!! Big hugs to you hun!!! :hugs::hugs:

I had my ultrasound today at my OB's appointment and I have video of my ultrasound and lots of pics if anyone wants to take a peek at my journal. :thumbup: Both babies look great, are very active and had heart beats flickering away. The ultrasound video is really neat because you can see the babies moving!!:thumbup:

Here is a link to my journal page with the video and pics.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...asound-pics-video-p-49-a-49.html#post25390283

don't have too much time at the moment but will read back and respond tomorrow night. I just wanted to stop by and tell you ladies I found a promo code for a free nursing pillow. While supplies last. It is from www.nursingpillow.com

Go on there add your pillow($40 value) to your cart and put in the promo code(Family2013) and all you have to pay is shipping. I just purchased mine and paid $12.90 total on it. Cheapest I have seen a nursing pillow before this has been $29 so I know this is a great deal. Didn't want you ladies to miss out. I'll be back on tomorrow night. Hope all of you are doing great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->