IVF Oct/Nov/Dec BFP Announcement & 9month term thread!

Doing your own pics sounds awesome. After all the money we've spent on medical stuff a few saved dollars is great! We haven't really bought any baby stuff yet, clothes or otherwise. I was in the store the other day and was totally overwhelmed with all of the possible baby items. Plus, I don't know which things you need two of for twins, and which things you can just get one of. I've heard twins can share a crib at least for a while. I guess all of that can be purchased down the road. Keep me updated on the must-haves you ladies are buying as we move along. :happydance:

Wanna - Yeah, I have the same issue with the progesterone suppository. I have found that laying down for about 30min after placing it has helped. And also the panty liners like the others have said.

Whisper - How have you been?

Happy - We have a Nikon too and will probably be taking our own pics as well. Dh has already started taking side shot profile pics of me since week 7 and will take one every week until delivery. Let me know what you plan to do or how in terms of background & lighting? Not sure dh was even thinking of that yet.

Everybody - There are 2 places online I would recommend for baby stuff.

One is a website that takes orders and sells expensive items/brands cheap because they have daily sales that lasts only a few days and when the sale ends they place a bulk order from the orders they took. Shipping does take 3weeks for this site. I haven't bought from them yet but have been watching their page and they have some nice items. PM me your email and I will send you a link to the site(that way, if you make a purchase from my suggesting you the site I get $20 credit:thumbup:).

The other is well, Amazon. Yes Amazon. I usually buy on Amazon alot. The best way to do it is place the items in your cart and usually stuff goes on sale all the time. Just wait until the price goes down before using checkout. Plus most orders fulfilled by Amazon have free shipping if you purchase at least $25. And they have a lot of "add on" baby items for really cheap that you can't really buy by themselves but can add them on to any $25+ order in your cart.:thumbup: Also, Found Huggies Pampers on Amazon for .17 cents a diaper.

Also, Whisper a must have for us will be something called "Itzbeen" baby timer.

It keeps track of how long it's been since you baby last napped/ate/diaper change. From the reviews it really helps keep you more organized and have less to remember. Great hand-off tool also to hand off to a baby-sitter or family member to watch them as they would know the last time they napper/ate/had a diaper change.

Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Itzbeen-Pocket-Nanny-Baby-Timer/dp/B000MEB3GE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354679467&sr=8-1&keywords=itzbeen

Quick Question, for you ladies that are on the progesterone through out the first part of your pregnancy, are you girls on any other medications with it, or just the progesterone? i am really hoping I can just use the progesterone cream and hoping that these dammed hives go away. Than just stop the baby aspirin and estraidol vagina pills. :shrug: Well I will have to see what the DR's office says, and if I don't like the nurses answer than i will make a call to the DR directly. Wish me luck!!

Well I thought my hives were getting better but overnight they popped back up and seemed a little bit worse. Thank goodness for my DH's excema skin cream because that has been helping tremendously. The only problem is that when I called the nurse line yesterday at my DR's office the nurse said to try the meds for one more day and see if I am alright, well clearly the hives aren't going away so it has to be one of the medications that I am on. I can't take benadrly even though it is safe during pregnancy because it will give me heart palpatations so I am going to avoid that as long as I can. Once the DR's office opens up i am going to ask if I can stop some of the medications. The two medications that have hives as a side effect that I am on is the baby aspirin and the estradiol vaginal inserts. The progesterone cream insert does not have hives as a side effect, so I am hoping that I can just take the vaginal progesterone by itself and stop the other two. I definatly shouldn't have to stay on the baby aspirin for much longer because that helps with implantation and obviously my embryos have already implanted. Hmm, this is stressing me out because I obviously don't want to do anything to hurt the pregnancy but at the same time I can't deal with these hives, i am up at 4:20 am because of these itchy hives. :growlmad:

On a lighter note I am excited about my blood work this morning at 9:30 am!!! :happydance::happydance:

Update...My DR's office said to call them before 3pm this afternoon to get the results of the HCG bloods.

Well I just got off the phone with a nurse at my DR's office and told her about my hives so I am going to stop the baby aspirin as of today and see if my hives go away. The nurse said it was most likely a reaction to the oral medication and not the vaginal progesterone or the vaginal estraidol because oral usually causes more problems them vaginal, so hopefully that will be the case for me and the hives will go away. Then the next thing would be to eliminate the estraidol aka estrogen vaginal insert pills and just stay on the progesterone vaginal cream if that doesn't work and the hives still don't go away. Apparently the only medication that is absoultely necessary is the progesterone cream inserts. The baby aspirin is taken for 10 weeks, but there is no absoulte proof that it is needed or that it helps so the nurse said stopping it isn't a big deal, plus i read that it mainly helps with implantation and of course my embryos are implanted now. Fingers crossed that makes the hives go away and I can stay on the other meds still without incident.

Wanna - the baby aspirin I stopped taking after my first beta results cameback. I did have another med I was taking oraly which I had to take for a month after my ER. I think because of my age to help with keeping levels high enough to hold the embryo. And then the progesterone suppositories which I have to take until Dec. 22nd(12weeks) I believe.

Can't wait to hear your beta results!

Want Ill let you know on the lighting and background I was actually looking at them on Amazon. You just have to wait for the right deal. I was just telling DH about our weekly bump pictures since today I turned 7 weeks. I think it's a great idea. Do you do them first thing in the morning? I'm not sure on what I really need for twins.

Wanna I'm sorry you didn't get your results today! I would have been upset too! I can't wait to hear your numbers! I'm sorry about the hives I hope stopping the aspirin helps.

Whisper I haven't gone to the baby store because I'm going to want everything. I would agree with the crib that's how we are going to do it in the beginning.

Want Ill let you know on the lighting and background I was actually looking at them on Amazon. You just have to wait for the right deal. I was just telling DH about our weekly bump pictures since today I turned 7 weeks. I think it's a great idea. Do you do them first thing in the morning? I'm not sure on what I really need for twins.

Wanna I'm sorry you didn't get your results today! I would have been upset too! I can't wait to hear your numbers! I'm sorry about the hives I hope stopping the aspirin helps.

Whisper I haven't gone to the baby store because I'm going to want everything. I would agree with the crib that's how we are going to do it in the beginning.

DH had been taking the pics at night with a bright light on. I stand sideways. He takes two shots. One of my head and bump and one of just the bump.

And yeah, do let me know about your ideas for taking pics and what you will be buying on amazon for it. I told DH last night and he said he was thinking about it before I mentioned it(about professional looking shots with whiteboard background) but wasn't sure.

Well girls, My 1st HCG bloods betas at 4 weeks yesterday was 203!!! :happydance::happydance:

So I am really happy with those results because that means I have a strong and healthy pregnancy so far. My next beta will be this coming Friday. :thumbup: With that number I can't tell yet if it is a single baby or multiples yet unfortunatly so we will have to wait to try to figure out how many babies it is still. LOL....:haha::blush:

Well girls, My 1st HCG bloods betas at 4 weeks yesterday was 203!!! :happydance::happydance:

So I am really happy with those results because that means I have a strong and healthy pregnancy so far. My next beta will be this coming Friday. :thumbup: With that number I can't tell yet if it is a single baby or multiples yet unfortunatly so we will have to wait to try to figure out how many babies it is still. LOL....:haha::blush:

Awesome 1st beta! Congrat's Wanna! :happydance:

Check out the 1st post in this thread, copy, fill out your info, and post so I can add you!

Want here is my information:

HappyBunnyAB
DH Age: 36
How long TTC: 2yrs
Treatments I tried/did before IVF success: VR and IUI's
This was IVF: #1 FET #1
Protocol (meds taken or taking): Estradiol, Progesterone, Endometrim, baby aspirin, and vivelle patch
How many follicles at ER: 20
How many eggs retrieved: 25
How many eggs fertilized: 14
How many days between ER and ET: 5 days
How many embryos/blasts transferred: 2
How many I have: 10
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Cramping, very tired, boobs hurting
What day I got my BFP: November 11, 2012
Number of first beta: 208
Number of second beta: 526
Number of embies/babies: 2
My due date: July 24th 2013

:happydance::happydance::happydance: so happy for you!

Thanks for all of the congrats ladies!!!:flower:

@Want, here is my data that you wanted: :thumbup:

Main Update Post:

wannabeprego
DH Age: 42
How long TTC: 3yrs
Treatments I tried/did before IVF success: VR, Laparoscopy to remove stage 2 endo and scar tissue, I have one damaged right fallopian tube, Hysteroscopy to remove polyp from my uterus, 4 roundsof clomid at 50 mg, one IUI cycle attempted but canceled because I OV'ed on the side with the damaged tube, IVF
This was IVF: #1
Protocol (meds taken or taking): Progesterone Suppositories, baby aspirin, estraidol vaginal pill inserts
How many follicles at ER: 14
How many eggs retrieved: 20
How many eggs fertilized: 9
How many days between ER and ET: 5days
How many embryos/blasts transferred: 3
How many :cold: I have: 3
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: CRAMPS, tender breasts, bloating
What day I got my BFP: 11/29/2012 I got my first faint positive, two days later I was sure itwas a BFP!! :thumbup:
Number of first beta: 203
Number of second beta: hasn't happened yet scheduled for Friday 12/07/12
Number of embies/babies: ?, don't know yet
My due date: 08/15/2013

Want - that timer gadget you posted about looks pretty handy!

That is cool everyone is taking weekly bump pics. I might have to get on the band-wagon! There's not much to see on me yet - maybe a tiny bump, but that could be just bloating. lol. I am excited to start looking pregnant!

My bloaty bump is huge already. I am kind of embarrased that it is so big and i am only 4 weeks 1day pregnant!!! LOL!!! I already need to buy some maternity pants!!! Only a few of my pants can fit me still right now!!! I should take a picture and you girls would think i look 5 months pregnant already!! ROFLOL!!!! My belly jiggles when i walk too, I just noticed that today!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always had kind of a pot belly but i could fit into my pants earlier during my IVF cycle before the ET that is. I can't buckle my fat jeans that used to be loose or zip them all of the way. I have a feeling I am going to be huge and or have twins of triplets. LOL i have read with multiples you show sooner than in a single pregnancy.

So, was just reading up on a pregnancy book and came across something about blood types. I remember reading something before about this too. If both parents are different blood types you should ask your doc to see if you need to take any different meds or get an injection because it may affect your pregnancy. I have B- and DH is A+ so I think I'm going to have to take something? Gonna ask my doc this week. Make sure you girls talk to your docs because they don't ask us these things! If I hadn't read it in this book I would have forgotten to ask!

Want - that timer gadget you posted about looks pretty handy!

That is cool everyone is taking weekly bump pics. I might have to get on the band-wagon! There's not much to see on me yet - maybe a tiny bump, but that could be just bloating. lol. I am excited to start looking pregnant!

Yeah, I thought so too when I came across it on amazon! It's going to be a must buy for us!

Wanna n Happy - I will post your info to the main post shortly. Post your tickers too so I can add them as well.

So, was just reading up on a pregnancy book and came across something about blood types. I remember reading something before about this too. If both parents are different blood types you should ask your doc to see if you need to take any different meds or get an injection because it may affect your pregnancy. I have B- and DH is A+ so I think I'm going to have to take something? Gonna ask my doc this week. Make sure you girls talk to your docs because they don't ask us these things! If I hadn't read it in this book I would have forgotten to ask!

Want I've read about that. My fertility dr gave me copy of my blood work to give to my OB. I will ask him on Thursday about it. Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->