Ivf oct/nov/dec

They started me on Provera today. Anyone taken that before? How long till you got AF? I am taking it for 7 days...

@Dilla, Welcome to the group. :flower: I am so sorry your cycle got canceled. Big hugs to you!! :hugs::hugs:

I am sorry I don't know much about provera, just because I havent ever used it, but maybe some of the other girls on the thread can help you out. :shrug:

wow!! cant believe how busy its gotten in here!!

huge big welcomes and hellos to all the recent joiners, GL to all of u in this crazy emotional journey :flower:

AFM - i am looking forward to my pre-treatment appointment on Thursday and starting down regging on Friday:happydance: i think once that starts it will feel like things are finally happening, im so excited i keep taking out my treatment schedule and reading over it :haha: at the min i am feeling really bloated and having lots of AF type cramps in my lower abdomen. i think its because i am now on day 28 of BCP and should actually be having my period now as i am every 28 days without fail.:shrug:

i dont mind il take whatever's in store and try not to complain as it all takes me that teensy tiny bit closer to a lovely BFP:kiss::hugs:

Welcome Dill! Also sorry I havent taken it so not sure but I did see some girls talking about it in this thread. Wow 41 eggs! Thats a lot you had.

hope everyone is well!

Phantom it can take a few weeks. Did you have a scan that showed that? Will you get another?

They started me on Provera today. Anyone taken that before? How long till you got AF? I am taking it for 7 days...

I was on for 5 days. I took my last pill on a Wednesday, and AF came on Sunday.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up too well, school has been keeping me busy (I teach 2nd grade).

Nothing interesting to report here. Been on BC for 8 days, had 6 zits in that time. :growlmad: I usually only get 1-2 a month. Just another "perk" of this process, I guess.

Hope you all are doing well.

Dilla: My RE had me on it just now. I took my last pill this morning. So I will see when AF comes.

Hi everyone, I introduced myself on this thread about a week ago. I got the go ahead from my Oncologist to do IVF before my surgery so I'm officially joining you all :). I had my IVF orientation yesterday and my head is still spinning a little from all of the info. I'm going to be taking Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotride. Now I'm just impatiently waiting for AF to arrive so I can go in for my CD 2 blood work and ultrasound.

Welcome Dilla! Sorry your FET was canceled.

tcmc - Just a few more days :)

Hi Lucie! I could only imagine how busy you are teaching 2nd grade; I could never do it ;)

Welcome back Em! Yay for getting started soon :)

Hope everyone else is having a great day!

I have my blood draw in an hour. I had to fast for it, so I am going bonkers with no coffee or food right now...UGH! Hopefully I will be starting lupron today :)

my update is aftger calling my RE she decided that my light bleeding for 2 weeks was just spotting and that this is my full on AF, so I start my BCP today! yayy! kinda excited means we are in process lol, but nervous cause years ago BCP made me soo moody lol

hey dilia, i took provera last cycle to bring on my period, I was on it for 10 days and then got AF 3 days after my last pill. Hopefully it is just as quick for you. Isnt it ironic how for the longest time we beg that AF doesnt come and now all we want is for her to show her face!

Hi everyone, I introduced myself on this thread about a week ago. I got the go ahead from my Oncologist to do IVF before my surgery so I'm officially joining you all :). I had my IVF orientation yesterday and my head is still spinning a little from all of the info. I'm going to be taking Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotride. Now I'm just impatiently waiting for AF to arrive so I can go in for my CD 2 blood work and ultrasound.

congrats em! my dh and my head spun for days after our ivf orientation. So much info and so much to think about. I hope af comes quick, i know how long the wait can seem, but the time will fly!

Wanna - I am crossing my fingers that you get the funds you need in time for your cycle. We would have been flat broke after paying for ours if DH's dad hadn't come through to help.

Dilla - sorry your cycle got cancelled. That is a huge bummer.

Michelle - glad your acu went well!

Phantom - you are in Utah? Me too! Sorry I don't know anything about blighted ovum.

Shar - glad you are getting started!

Tcmc - you are so close!

Em & Lucy - good luck on getting started soon!

I am still playing the waiting game. Thursday of next week is my pregnancy test. I am going nuts! I keep listening to everything my body does in an attempt to discern some kind of sign about what is going on in there. The first couple of days after ET I had a lot of bloating and some cramps, and now I'm not noticing much of anything out of the ordinary. Not sure if that is a bad sign or if I am just over analyzing. Feeling pretty crazy at the moment! :wacko:

Welcome Dilia! :hi:

tcmc, I'm glad you are getting started. It's always so exciting and an emotional journey!

Lucie, I had the same problem with BCP! I started breaking out like a teenager!:growlmad:

Mo, hopefully AF will show in the next couple of days.

Em, yay for getting started! Hopefully AF will show soon.

Michelle, that is not pleasant. I know what you mean about your :coffee:. FX you start Lupron today.

Ash, I hope your shots are going well.

Shar, yay for AF! Now you can get started!

Whisper, FX for you! I hope you get your bfp.

I hope everyone else is doing good.

@EM, welcome back!! I hope your AF comes soon so you can move on with your cycle!! Good luck to you!! :dust::dust::dust:

@Michelle, Fingers crossed your blood work goes well so you can start your lupron!! Good luck to you!! :dust::dust::dust:

@Shar, I am glad you are getting started in the process. Fingers crossed the BCP don't make you too moody!! Good luck!! :dust::dust::dust:

@Whisper, the 2 WW always feels like it drags by sooo slow for me too!! Every day feels like forever!!! Try to keep yourself busy, I always find the busier I am, the faster it feels like time goes bye!! Good luck and baby dust to you!! I hope you get your BFP!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

AFM, My DR's office offers payment plans with 50% down payment and than you can pay off the remaining balance over 12 months with no interest, so we might do that to make it less overwhelming to make sure we have all of the $$ we need on time for my November cycle so I am feeling better about paying for it since I learned more about the financing option thrugh my DR's office. In addition to that I have my sister sending $$ to help out with the costs, & we are waiting on a loan to come through as well.

Right now my DH & myself are debating about purchasing 1 or 2 IVF cycles up front because the DR's office gives you a discount on the 2cnd cycle if you pay for the two up front. Originally I was just going to purchase 1 cycle and hope that even if it wasn't a success than we would have enough frozen embryo's left over to do a FET cycle next. But there is no guarantee what is going to happen and if my first cycle is a flop with no frosties than I could do a second cycle at a discounted cost. The negative is if I get pregnant and give birth on my first cycle I can loose out on the 2cnd IVF cycle money that I paid for, so it is kind of a gamble. They give you up to a year to use the 2cnd IVF cycle or you loose out on the $$ you paid for it. DH and me are weighing the pros and cons of paying up front for 1 cycle vrs 2 cycles. Hmmm, this is a tuff decision!!:shrug:

@EM, welcome back!! I hope your AF comes soon so you can move on with your cycle!! Good luck to you!! :dust::dust::dust:

@Michelle, Fingers crossed your blood work goes well so you can start your lupron!! Good luck to you!! :dust::dust::dust:

@Shar, I am glad you are getting started in the process. Fingers crossed the BCP don't make you too moody!! Good luck!! :dust::dust::dust:

@Whisper, the 2 WW always feels like it drags by sooo slow for me too!! Every day feels like forever!!! Try to keep yourself busy, I always find the busier I am, the faster it feels like time goes bye!! Good luck and baby dust to you!! I hope you get your BFP!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

AFM, My DR's office offers payment plans with 50% down payment and than you can pay off the remaining balance over 12 months with no interest, so we might do that to make it less overwhelming to make sure we have all of the $$ we need on time for my November cycle so I am feeling better about paying for it since I learned more about the financing option thrugh my DR's office. In addition to that I have my sister sending $$ to help out with the costs, & we are waiting on a loan to come through as well.

Right now my DH & myself are debating about purchasing 1 or 2 IVF cycles up front because the DR's office gives you a discount on the 2cnd cycle if you pay for the two up front. Originally I was just going to purchase 1 cycle and hope that even if it wasn't a success than we would have enough frozen embryo's left over to do a FET cycle next. But there is no guarantee what is going to happen and if my first cycle is a flop with no frosties than I could do a second cycle at a discounted cost. The negative is if I get pregnant and give birth on my first cycle I can loose out on the 2cnd IVF cycle money that I paid for, so it is kind of a gamble. They give you up to a year to use the 2cnd IVF cycle or you loose out on the $$ you paid for it. DH and me are weighing the pros and cons of paying up front for 1 cycle vrs 2 cycles. Hmmm, this is a tuff decision!!:shrug:

That is a tough call! Our RE's office also gives discounts for every extra cycle purchased up front. We actually purchased three cycles - partly because it was a good deal but mostly because I felt like it would help me move on with my life if IVF doesn't work after three tries. It was a "live for no regrets" decision I guess. We will "loose" a decent chunk of change if this first cycle works, but I am ok with that.

Whisper - The 2WW is the worst! I think it is worse then waiting to start, then once you start you are doing so much, then bamn, NOTHING...just waiting! I went nuts during both cycles at that point. One thing to remember is no signs are good too! There are a lot of girls on the other thread I am still on that didn't have a single sign and got their BFP! Cramping and bloating is normal too. Hopefully you are the start of BFP on this thread for all of us :) hang in there!! Do you plan to test earlier then next week?

Thanks Happy and wanna! I got my blood done, had my coffee in the car, hot and waiting for me and now on my second cup :) And of course now eating breakfast! Hoping I get my call later today to start lupron too!!

wanna - That is a tough call to make! If you get pg on your first cycle, can you use the second one to try another round if you decide you want a second child? Also, that is awfully nice of your sister to help with your funds and also to have the 12 months with no interest! I am sure whatever you and DH decide, it will work out for you :)

Whisper - I hope you're going to get your bfp! :hugs: Try to distract yourself by keeping busy, go do something you love

Happy - they're going well thank you! I go in for a scan tomorrow morning, I'm excited :happydance:

wanna - I know this may seem crazy buuut if you pay for two and the first one works ... you can always try to get pregnant again within that year ... with your second child? I don't know how many children you and your DH were planning on having but that is maybe an option? :hugs:

Michelle - I'm happy your finally got your coffee! Let us know how the blood work results are!

Thanks for the advice and suggestions girls!!!:hugs:

Does anyone know how quickly you can jump back into TTC again after you have a baby, whether it is natural or by C-section? I think it is 6 weeks after giving birth?? I am probably going to have to do a google search to find out.

The reason why I ask is because you have 12 months to use the second IVF cycle when you purchase the 2 up front. So if you are pregnant first cycle and go through 9 months than that leaves 3 months to do the IVF cycle before it would not be available. Hmmm... I think I am going to ask the billing office if it possible to use the second cycle if you do get pregnant? I am not sure what there policy is on this at the DR's office.

In general I do want more than one child, and I would love twins, so I am open to doing the second IVF for another baby if it is possible. :thumbup:

Wanna, that is a tough decision. Our Dr didn't offer anything like that. We just hope to have tons of frosties and be able to do FET. Our DR has a very high success rate for FET. I guess it depends on wanting to have babies back to back. Personally, I would have them back to back only because of my age and the fact that I want them to grow up together. My step kids are 11 so that is a huge age difference. Hopefully you and your DH will come to an agreement. It would be nice if your Dr gave you at least two years to use up the second try.

Thanks everyone! :)

Shar - Yay for getting started! I know what you mean about BCP I get super moody on them! Hopefully you are ok though!

Whisper - Good luck!! The TWW is such a head game!! Hope the time goes quickly for you!

Happy - Hi! :)

Wanna - That is a tough call! I think once you have a baby you have to wait at least 8 weeks... but not sure! Would be a good question for RE to help decide?

Michelle - Good luck! Hope you can get started!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->