Ivf oct/nov/dec

This thread moves so fast! I LOVE it! :)

but its going to take me a few to get caught up on everyone, sorry! :hugs:

Regarding weight gain, is that normal for IVF? Another curiosity.. FS never mentioned weight gain but did mention swelling. So much I feel like I still don't know!!

Hi girls,

I spoke to the nurse at my fertility office today and she told me the detailed break down of my meds that I will be taking for my November IVF cycle.

Lupron 10 units - every day starting CD 21 for 8 to 10 days for Stims
Gonal F 300 - 8 days ( 3 pens at $744.00 each)
Menopure 37.5
Progesterone - 1 box of crinone cream vaginal inserts, 30 of these
HCG Ovidrel trigger shots x2 (I can use the one I already have left over from my canceled IUI cycle this month but I need to buy one more shot to have a high enough dosage)

The grand total for my meds is about $3,093.00 as long as I did the math correctly when I was on the phone with the nurse today. I am not sure how much the shipping costs will be just yet though.

As you can see the most expensive drug is the Gonal F pens. :dohh:

I applied for a program today to get assistance to help pay for the
Gonal F drugs though and I am hoping I get approved, because it could save me about $2,200.00. The only problem is that the application process can take up to 2 weeks and I need to have the Gonal F ordered in advance of when AF arrives so I can start the injections shortly after AF arrives.

I don't know if it is worth post poning my IVF & ICSI cycle to the month of December to give it enough time to see if I can get approved for the free Gonal F drug or not... There are no guarantees of approval. I also will be traveling up north for the infertility treatments and the month of December gets nasty weather wise with the cold and snow. I didn't want to be driving 45 minutes from where I will be staying with family in a winter snow storm tomy fertility office for teatments. The month of November stays some what mild up there so the timing is perfect to go up there for my IVF & ICSI cycle.

The nurse is placing an order frall of my medications except for the Gonal F pens because I told her I am waiting to see if I can get approved for the financial assistance to help with the Gonal F.

Any thoughts on this girls? hmmmm.....:shrug:

Ash, I just took Lupron, Follistim. For trigger shots I took Ovidrel and HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin). After the retrieval I started endometrim and progesterone and a vivelle dot. I am 35 years old. I hope this works for all of us! I'm glad I'm doing an unstimulated cycle. I hope you get pregnant on your first try.

@Happy, do you know if Ovidrel injection and HCG trigger are the same things? I have left over Ovidrel injection from a canceled IUI cycle this month and the DR's office prefered I use HCG injection instead of the Ovidrel for the IVF cycle. Is there any difference between the two? I don't want to have less quality eggs because i didn't use the HCG instead of the ovidrel???:shrug:

Congrats on being able to do your FET cycle this month!!! Good luck and tons of sticky baby dust to you!! I hope you get your BFP!!! :dust::dust::dust:

Wanna- they are two different shots. I still have one Ovidrel from a cancelled IUI in my fridge. The HCG has to be mixed and it comes with two needles. A thick one to mix the solution and the powder and a thin one which is done intramuscular. I'm not sure what is the difference between the two but I used both of them. Good luck to you! I'm glad you are finally starting the IVF trail! I know your DH and mine share a VR.

Ash, I've heard the intramuscular shots hurt! But I'm sure you will be fine. Just a little of ice and it should do the trick!

:haha: Yeah I've heard they hurt ... but you're supposed to like ... keep your leg relaxed so that your muscles aren't being tightened and then it shouldn't be so bad. I've been icing the spot for my lupron (since it burned me and then itched afterwards) and its helped A LOT so I'll be doing the same for all of my shots!

Wanna, that is a tough decision. With the weather being so nasty who knows what you might encounter in December. Maybe you should analyze your cycle and see if you have enough time for your meds to come in. I was on Lupron for 10 days before I started using Follistim which is the same as gonal. I just looked at your chart and you are already on CD17 so you don't have the two weeks. Good luck hun! It's a hard decision.

Ash, I just took Lupron, Follistim. For trigger shots I took Ovidrel and HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin). After the retrieval I started endometrim and progesterone and a vivelle dot. I am 35 years old. I hope this works for all of us! I'm glad I'm doing an unstimulated cycle. I hope you get pregnant on your first try.

@Happy, do you know if Ovidrel injection and HCG trigger are the same things? I have left over Ovidrel injection from a canceled IUI cycle this month and the DR's office prefered I use HCG injection instead of the Ovidrel for the IVF cycle. Is there any difference between the two? I don't want to have less quality eggs because i didn't use the HCG instead of the ovidrel???:shrug:

Congrats on being able to do your FET cycle this month!!! Good luck and tons of sticky baby dust to you!! I hope you get your BFP!!! :dust::dust::dust:

Wanna- they are two different shots. I still have one Ovidrel from a cancelled IUI in my fridge. The HCG has to be mixed and it comes with two needles. A thick one to mix the solution and the powder and a thin one which is done intramuscular. I'm not sure what is the difference between the two but I used both of them. Good luck to you! I'm glad you are finally starting the IVF trail! I know your DH and mine share a VR.

Thanks for the good luck wishes! :thumbup:

Thanks for explaining the differences hun. My Dr office said I could just buy a second ovidrel shot in addition to the one I already have left over in the fridge, but if there is a difference I think I will call them back and just have them order me the preffered HCG shot. I would rather use the preferred medications recommended by the DR office and make sure I push out more quality eggs than chance it with an alternative. Either way it would still cost me about the same amount!!!

Hey girls, hope you are all having a good month! I am scheduled for egg retrieval for my 2nd IVF cycle tomorrow, and am nervous since I only have 2 follicles big enough for retrieval after 10 days of stimming. I keep telling myself all it takes is 1 good embryo so I'm praying things work out! Is anyone else doing an IVF cycle this month?

It only takes one good one. Good luck tomorow.

Wanna, that is a tough decision. With the weather being so nasty who knows what you might encounter in December. Maybe you should analyze your cycle and see if you have enough time for your meds to come in. I was on Lupron for 10 days before I started using Follistim which is the same as gonal. I just looked at your chart and you are already on CD17 so you don't have the two weeks. Good luck hun! It's a hard decision.

Thanks for the advice!!:hugs:

I will keep you updated on how it all pans out. I think in general I can wait a couple of days to see what happens but if it gets to close to the date that I need to have the drugs than I probably won't delay and will just move forward with ordering the drugs. I would be very upset if I delayed the cycle until the month of December and I wasn't approved.

Whisper- How are you doing?

Hockey- Good im glaf AF finally came now back on track :)

KC- just a few more days on BCP then the fun

TCMC, Mich, Mobaby and anyone else hope all is well! Baby dust

Sweetness! - I am glad you are getting to start your meds! I think time goes by so much faster after you get to start stimming and monitoring. I am doing good. Just waiting.:wacko: I found out yesterday that we have one embryo to freeze. I actually feel pretty good about that as my RE said that only about 20% of people have any left over to freeze. The embryologist said the others were not developing fetal tissue like they should. I'm just grateful to have one frozen!

Well at least you have one to freeze! Thats great news a lot of people dont. And how many did you start out with? And yes glad im finally on meds only been three days and going fast soooo are the crazy hot flashes with lupron :(

Want- I am thinking that the pain and cramping is a good sign :)

Wannabe- I understand the entire cost thing I paid for the first 4 iuis out of pocket and the meds are way too expensive. I hope everything works out.

Ashknows- We are pretty close to the same ER date mine should be 11/7.

Mich- Hpe your feeling better

Happybunny- Welcome!

Holdon- I have a few friend sthat have went through IVF and their buddies too and they all told me to be prepared to gain some weight d/t the ovaries getting larger. So im guessing that will start happening when I take my 225 of follistim which I start sun.

Sweetness - awesome! So we can be semi - cycle buddies! What meds are you going to be taking? This will be your first IVF right?

Sweetness - awesome! So we can be semi - cycle buddies! What meds are you going to be taking? This will be your first IVF right?

Yes this is my first IVF cycle I have been on Lupron 20 units for 3 days starting Oct 28 I will be on 10 units luperon 225 units follistim 1 vial repronex and then the aspirin and metformin and dethamexasone. Then ER Nov 7 8 or 9. Whats your med cycle looking like?

Bah! So the U/S today has changed my "chemical" into a blighted ovum that is still hanging around. Waiting to start bleeding, then I'll have to have a normal period before starting next FET cycle, instead of just moving straight into the cycle like we planned. GRRR

Bah! So the U/S today has changed my "chemical" into a blighted ovum that is still hanging around. Waiting to start bleeding, then I'll have to have a normal period before starting next FET cycle, instead of just moving straight into the cycle like we planned. GRRR

I am so sorry hun!!! Big hugs to you!!!:hugs::hugs: I hope your AF comes soon so you can move onto your next cycle. :hugs:

Yes this is my first IVF cycle I have been on Lupron 20 units for 3 days starting Oct 28 I will be on 10 units luperon 225 units follistim 1 vial repronex and then the aspirin and metformin and dethamexasone. Then ER Nov 7 8 or 9. Whats your med cycle looking like?

My meds are very similar to yours! I have been doing 10 units of Lupron since 10/7, I finally got my period like 14-15 days later so I went in for b/w and ultrasound and now my meds are 5 units lupron, 150 units gonal F, 1 vial menopur. Then once I am finished with the ER I will be on medrol and doxy, and then I'll start PIO (progesterone in oil shots). ER November 4th estimated :)

So sorry to hear that you won't be able to start right away! :hugs: to you!

sorry to hear hun. hope your period is here soon so you can get started on your cycle. Here is some baby dust for you.
:dust:

I'm sorry you can move to it right away. I hope AF shows soon :hugs:

@Happy how many frosties will you be putting in for your November FET cycle? I see you have a good amount of frosties, That is great!!! Good luck and baby dust to you!!!! :dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->