Ivf oct/nov/dec

Thanks for the info and advice ladies!!:flower: I just emailed my DR's office and asked if it is even an option to use the second IVF if you get pregnant on the first cycle and it is within the 12 months. I will update you when i find out what the answer is. I doubt if I am the first person that asked this question!! :blush::haha:

I had to request a copy of my medical records from my local fetility office to give to the clinic doing my IVF and it cost me 29 bucks, which I found to be outrgeous, But other than that I have been reading through the medical records this morning because i got them in the mail. And I just realized that my DH's second SA was actually 10 million sperm, with 6.5 million motile sperm and 65% motility. So that is more than what I originally thought the results were. I thought he only had 6.5 million sperm with the same motility, but he actually had 10 million. :dohh: I am not sure if this should affect my decision not try an IUI a few more times before going to the IVF cycle or not.:shrug: I am feeling kind of annoyed that I didn't have the facts right way before now. :growlmad:

However I still realize that I still have the same physical problems, like a possibly damaged tube that if I OV on the ovary on that side than it it isn't possible to do the IUI which is why my last IUI got canceled. Also another reason why I wanted to do the IVF because I was so upset with wasting my money for the ultrasound and blood work for a canceled IUI cycle.:dohh: My odds of 15% success from the DR for the IUI remain the same regardless....:wacko:

Hopefully you get your answers wanna!

Ash - Thanks; coffee did taste pretty yummy when I had to wait for it ;)

So I have to get a SA done for my DH; first available appt is November 8?!? Seriously??? That is when I am/was supposed to start stimming, so the nurse said they could delay me till the 9 or 10th? I don't want to wait anymore..UGH! I wonder if somewhere else can do it?? Have to get working on that now...so frustrating!

Wanna - your decision but my OH had over 70 million sperm each IUI and I don't have any blocked tubes or anything and we never had success. Now, everyone is different however IMO you should go through with the IVF. The success rates are so much better than IVF. Whatever you decision I still support you and will be here for you! :hugs: I hope it all gets sorted out!

Thanks Michelle!!! :flower: Maybe you can do the SA at another lab to get it done sooner and either pay for it yourself or use your health insurance. I used a Quest lab for an SA and it cost me like around 100 something bucks which wasnt that bad. My health insurance did cover a second SA at 100% which I was surpised by becauseit doesn't cover infertility, and only the diagnosis so you never know with health insurance so it might be worth looking into it. Good luck. I hope you can find a solution and you won't have to delay.

AFM, I got an answer to my second question about what would happen if I got pregnant in the first cycle and I purchased 2 IVF cyles up front.

"For the two cycle plan if you decide to purchase, if you become pregnant and you deliver the contract is then complete. So you would lose the second cycle. That is basically because it is a shared risk plan, and the cycle plan is discounted already you would not be able to use the second cycle. "

So long story short, the answer is no. :nope:

wannabe - what was the success rate for success that the doctor gave you and your DH?

Wanna - your decision but my OH had over 70 million sperm each IUI and I don't have any blocked tubes or anything and we never had success. Now, everyone is different however IMO you should go through with the IVF. The success rates are so much better than IVF. Whatever you decision I still support you and will be here for you! :hugs: I hope it all gets sorted out!

Thanks for the advice Ash!!:flower: Do you know what percent were motile with your DH's count? Just out of curiosity?

You have a good point, because even though my DH's sperm count was higher than I originally thought, my success rate the DR gave me for IUI is still the same and I still have all of my physical problems on top of DH's low sperm count, and 10 million is still a low count regardless. So, IVF is still our best option I suppose. I don't think we will change anything.

It just goes to show that the lesson learned is if you have any questions make sure you ask right than and there. I have had 2 different DR's at my local fertility office and I think that is where the confusion came in about the correct SA numbers. My original DR left the practice and I ended up doing my surgery with a diffent DR in the end.

wanna - Sorry you cannot do 2 cycles, even if the first one works. I guess you have to go with what you feel comfortable with. And also, like what Ash, asked, what is your chances of the first cycle working? I know it is hard to predict, but I am sure there are so many factors, including age, egg quality, etc...

My OH's motile sperm was always 75% and over. The reason I asked about what your chances of success was is because I have a 60% change (that's what our doctor told us) and if I were in your shoes, I would buy two because I feel like 60 + 60 is 120 so the odds of getting pregnant after two are very good. I know it doesn't REALLY work like that but that's how I feel about it anyways ...

I don't really understand the percentage rate that the FS can give.. How does it all work? What do they base it off of?

Now that I have been reading into it more... I was given an extremely high success rate because of my age, blood tests and egg quality.. Now I am even more curious... I am in a single IVF cycle group.

The DR gave me a 40% success rate for the IVF & ICSI procedure which is much higher than the 15% success rate of IUI. IVF is for sure our best option.

@Ash, i see what you mean about the percent of success and the number of cycles, good point!! :thumbup:

I am also in my 30's though with mild endo and scar tissue, which was removed in my surgery, so hopefully wont be an issue, (although over time the endo and scar tissue could return) and I have small fibroids, but they shouldn't affect my fertility based on what the DR has advised me.

@Hold, I am not sure exactly how the DR determines success rates. I know age is a big part of it though.

Hold - what percentage did your doctor give you? Just curious as I'm 24 so we're very close in age.

So I have to get a SA done for my DH; first available appt is November 8?!? Seriously??? That is when I am/was supposed to start stimming, so the nurse said they could delay me till the 9 or 10th? I don't want to wait anymore..UGH! I wonder if somewhere else can do it?? Have to get working on that now...so frustrating!

Oh no! Yea maybe you can find somewhere to go. I don't know if they have a quest where you are but look into it. That's frustrating. Sorrrrrrry

Thanks Sweetness; I am going to check out getting that done through quest!

I got my message for today; progestrone was good and starting 10 units of lupron tonight! Let the poking begin :haha:

FS gave me a 90% success rate..

That was against his will though.. He didn't want to give me a success rate because there are always things that can go wrong and unexpected.. He kept trying to assure us it was going to work, I can have a baby, I am going to be a mom. But my mom and I were both sitting there bawling when he said IVF was my best/only option:blush: I had recently been told that I was infertile by another doctor due to some blood tests and we were devastated. He definitely gave us hope!!

He basically said rite now I am young, my lining in my uterus is good, so if he is aggressive with medication he thinks that I will have very good results.. Because I am so young, he said he usually would never suggest IVF first.. But my endo is very aggressive and my family history of female problems and infertility is horrible :cry:

wanna- that doesnt seem fair that u arent able to use the 2nd paid cycle if it works first time round, its stressful enough going through all this without having to think about these things before hand, deffo not good for the PMA:nope:

mich- sorry to hear the added SA may hold u up i really hope u can find a way to get it sorted without having to change ur starting dates :hugs: yay for starting lupron!:happydance:

shar- good news on getting started with BCP:happydance:

Em- it can be a bit overwhelming when u hear everything all in one go but exciting to be starting too :hugs:

whisper- congrats on being PUPO!!:happydance::happydance: fingers crossed u get ur BFP im sure the waait is agonising:coffee:

sweetness- how are things with you?

hope everyone else is well:hugs:

AFM- pre-treatment appointment tomorrow to pick up meds and have injection training with the nurse :happydance: starting sniffing with suprecur on Friday i cant believe its finally here:happydance:

Michelle - yay for starting Lupron!

hold - everything will work out! :hugs: You have a good chance so FX'd for you!

tcmc - good luck with your cycle!

They started me on Provera today. Anyone taken that before? How long till you got AF? I am taking it for 7 days...

Wanted to tell you that I just started spotting so AF should be full force tomorrow... So it looks like on average is 2-5 days after stopping provera.

Definitely look into quest. DH had his there and it only took a couple of days for the results so you should have plenty of time.

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies! This thread moves so fast!

Hodontohope - I know how hard it is to hear IVF is your only option. I just had that same conversation with my dr. last week. But the good news is the success rates are so high. This will work! And you got some great stats from your FS.

tcmc - great news you are getting started too!! It definitely started to feel real after that orientation class :)

Wanna - sorry they won't let you do the second cycle. I think it's still a great option because my stress level would be reduced knowing we had a second shot at it. I wish my RE offered that option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->