IVF October/November ???

Hi ladies, sorry for being MIA been crazy busy at work.... just wanted to check in and let you ladies know we got our first beta yesterday it was 770...❤️❤️❤️❤️😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Babyseeker- CONGRATS! That is so great!!! :happydance:

We have good news too! Positive beta at 50 today! (Not as high as yours) We are excited beyond belief that we were able to conceive. It felt like it would never be a reality, honestly. We have a f/u lab on friday, but I'm not stressed at all. Either way we are stoked that we have gotten this far in the process. It's a miracle.

How is the road for everyone else?

Lucy-The TWW is the worst. This time I did EVERYTHING to distract me, and I didn't feel too bad until last night when I thought it was over. I honestly thought I wasn't pregnant and cried most of the day. I don't feel any different and I felt my period was coming this morning. Just little things i noticed that usually happen before AF. But I was wrong....pregnancy. Keep the hope and find something to do! :) It helps I promise.
-KK

Baby seeker & kk2003 congrats!!!!! That's amazing!!!! :)

This wait is awful!! I'm only 2 days in and I just can't get away from it, and I'm so tired all the time, will need to make myself stay busy!! Even my dreams are about it and I'm awake 2-3 times a night ! What is going on?? One minute I'm excited and then the next I just want to burst into tears. Am I normal?

Lucy

It's normal to be stressed! I felt that way last cycle...thinking about it every second of every day. It was so frustrating and I was so over that feeling. This cycle was night and day...and it just clicked that I didn't care what happened and I was happy with whatever. It felt amazing!! Is there something that you can be distracted with? I'm sorry you are feeling like this. :( We have all been there.

K

Congrats, ladies! Kk, once again I love your attitude, to celebrate having gotten this far no matter what happens next. I'll try to remember that in the future. ��

Lucy, welcome back! The 2ww is the worst. My first cycle, I took up jewelry-making. Buying beads and searching Pinterest was a good way to channel some energy away from obsessing over every symptom. But I still drove myself a little crazy.

Thanks Amy,

I can't be sure, but I feel like being positive made a difference. I have been such a debbie downer until now...seriously. But this cycle was pretty awesome. I have even been planning a baby shower this month, and not feeling bad about it! (like that woe is me feeling I had in the past) I'm so thankful to have those terrible thoughts out of my mind. :dance:
Keep it up! You got this! :thumbup::thumbup::hugs:

thanks girls for the advice :)

feeling much better today, got my sewing machine out of the cupboard and going to keep my self busy! planned a little weekend away this weekend too! !!

baby shower!!!! how exciting :D when are you plannign for it to be?

Baby shower is for my sister-in-law, not me! :) :) I guess what I was saying is I'm not stressed about planning something for someone else despite my difficulties. Sewing and a weekend away sounds great! I went away for like 5 days to my in-laws and it was AWESOME! (in the TWW time) It felt so great to be away from responsibilities and stress. Keep us updated!

Hi ladies! Jumping in late here! Prepping for December 4th FET. Currently on Lupron and beginning estrogen next week.

Congrats baby seeker! So exciting!

And congrats again, K! So happy for you, friend!

Excited for you!!!! It's just around the corner! :) :)

Beta is 168!!!! :) :) :) :thumbup::happydance:
I was SO worried this morning too. Blah.

Progesterone is on the low side so they are going to switch me to IM injections. Anyone have experience with this?

KK

K - I commented in the other thread. I’ll be starting the PIO shots in 3 weeks. The needles are intimidating but according to my friends, don’t usually hurt. Warming it in your hands (or under your breast or armpit) before hand is supposed to help. Massage and heat afterwards so the oil dispersed and doesn’t cause lumps (ugh).

Ask-

Thanks! OMG I'm not looking forward to it though. The oil based meds are the worst. Thanks for the tips though! I already ordered a heating pad so I can sit on it after. Hopefully my cat doesn't think that's his new bed. LOL

Haha my cats love my heating pad! :haha:

Maybe by the time I start the PIO shots you’ll have some tips for me! :)

Kk, I'm so happy to hear that your second beta is good! So exciting.

I've always done the PIO, including for my ENTIRE first trimester with my son, because my skin reacts to the suppositories and creams and stuff (yeah, that's as unpleasant as it sounds). And with FET's, you need double the dose - 2ml. So I've had ample experience with the shots! Here are some things that have helped me:

-Have a nurse draw circles on your hips in sharpie, so there's no guessing about location. It's not cute, but it alleviates a lot of stress. My husband re-drew the lines about once a week, when they faded too much.
-Definitely warm the oil against your skin before trying to inject it.
-I like to ice my skin for about 30 seconds beforehand. Just don't ice for too long, because you don't want the muscle to be cold.
-Most important tip: Massage the area REALLY well immediately afterwards. My husband did this with a warm washcloth. My doctor's advice was "massage so hard that it kind of hurts." That made the biggest difference in whether I was sore the next day(s).
-Sometimes, I would walk up and down the stairs or do leg lifts for a few minutes after the shot. I don't know if it actually helped, but it always felt good to get the muscle moving when I felt like the oil was making it feel stiff.
-Similarly, using a heating pad afterwards often felt good.
-I use a smaller needle (25g instead of the standard 23g). The downside is that it takes longer to get the oil out from the tiny needle, and it takes a bit more skill (my husband said he had to work harder to push the syringe without it wobbling around). But for me, it's a lot more comfortable than the quicker shot with the big needle.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Sincerely,
Your resident PIO expert.

wow amy that was amazing, I hope to need those instructions soon myself!

We started stims this morning. Hoping for the best but kind of letting go and knowing that we’ll be fine no matter the outcome. Kind of scared what the effects of the stims + Clomid will be, tbh. Guess we’ll find out!

Congrats again kk!!

Good luck babylights! I know clomid did a number on me but was surprised that the IVF stims did not seem to affect my mood at all! Hopefully it’s not too rough and goes quickly!

Thank you, Amy! That is all super helpful! Thanks for taking the time to write all of that!

Babylights, that's interesting that you get to experience both of those things together! I definitely had more side effects from Clomid than from anything else I've taken... it makes me feel like a crazy person. Hopefully you won't notice much difference heading into this new stage!

Thanks ask. This is my second round of ivf, stims didn’t affect my mood at all either the first round. The combo has me a bit nervous though...

Thanks amy! Interestingly, when I was on Clomid all I had were some headaches, but Femara was a nightmare for me which is the opposite of most people’s experience. I’m taking the Clomid the entire cycle so I really hope the combo isn’t too bad and gives me lots of follies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->