• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF October/November ???

Lucy- Don't be nervous, when I was pregnant with my twins I had every color of blood from dark brown, bright red, and even tissue looking and my boys are almost 4. Its actually very normal to bleed in early pregnancy.

Thanks for your optimism! When I was pregnant with my first I had a 'period' and didn't know I was pregnant until morning sickness kicked in at 7 weeks, so I should know myself that bleeding is normal, but I just panic! Haha

Really sorry, Lucy. :hugs:

Hope the next round is a success!

I had my baseline ultrasound on Tuesday and started Estrace yesterday. Transfer is 2.5 weeks away. Eeek!

Lucy,
I'm so sorry!! I totally know how you feel. You got this next one! :) Keep on going! :thumbup:

Ask-Wow thats great!! So exciting!!

K

Lucy I'm so sorry for your bad news. We are with you <3 Its encouraging that we've had 2 positives recently. IVF really does work miracles, just wish it was the first time every time :(

Ask, keep us updated on your progress! That step is next for me so I have no idea what to expect :) What is estrace and are you having side effects?

Update on my 21 eggs: they did half natural fertilization and half ICSI because I was borderline for needing the ICSI at all. Only 2 of 10 natural eggs got fertilized! 9 of 11 ICSI are fertilized. So that answers a lot of questions for us about why we werent getting pregnant. 10 eggs is about a year of trying naturally! We have 11 little embryos growing to day 5. We wont get another update until they freeze them over the weekend. My hubby is very impatient to know how many we get. Does anyone know how the "grade" them at the end?

Emily - that&#8217;s great that you did ICSI on half and that it answers some questions for you. We did ICSI too because my clinic requires it when you do PGS testing. We had 22 out of 24 fertilize with ICSI and 16 make it to blasts and biopsy for PGS. The grading is done in 3 parts usually. The first number tells you how expanded the blastocyst is (4=fully expanded), the next is a letter A-C and tells you about the cells in the inner cell mass, and the last is a letter A-C (A is best, B is good, C is fair) that tells you about the cells in the triphectoderm - the outer cells which will eventually form the placenta.

Estrace is estradiol (estrogen). My only side effect right now is headaches. I&#8217;ll let you know how it goes! I increase my dose in 3 more days and then 5 days before transfer I&#8217;ll start the PIO shots.

Keep us posted! Hoping you get lots of blasts! Are you doing a fresh transfer? Your protocol will be a bit different than mine if that&#8217;s the case!

Awesome, thanks Ask! I hope your headaches subside. Maybe Tylenol is allowed? I'm doing frozen, same as you. Transfer is tentatively scheduled for 12/18, which means we may be able to test on Christmas morning!! Oh what a Christmas present that would be...

Aw Lucy, I'm so sorry. Glad you're ready to keep going!

Emily - That's great! It's such a relief to have a whole batch of embryos sitting around. I hope they all keep going strong!

I'm still awaiting a period so we can embark on the next round. My clinic called today to have me go in for bloodwork tomorrow. If my progesterone is low enough, we may move forward without a period. On the one hand, I would like for my body to get back to normal before trying again, but on the other hand, a January cycle would place a lot of the appointments and stuff over winter break for me (I'm a teacher), and that's too good to pass up. So, I hope I get to move forward one way or another.

How's everyone else doing?

Lucy I’m so sorry :hugs: That’s so great that you can look forward to another go!

Emily wow what great numbers, congrats!!

amy I hope your clinic will have a definitive answer for you after your progesterone results come back. I think I’ll be transferring in January too!

Tomorrow is our day 8 appointment. Really hoping for some good growth, my E2 numbers were looking better after day 6 than last round so I’m holding onto that glimmer of hope.

I had my first check up today. It's day 4 of stims and I have 31 follicles growing. They're worried about OHSS which is nothing new to me so they want me on a high protein diet and electrolyte water. I'm getting excited about retrieval!

That&#8217;s great Ash! I had 33 retrieved and had what they described as &#8220;mild&#8221; OHSS ...I&#8217;d hate to know what moderate or severe felt like! My RE also told me to eat extra salty foods. Good luck and keep us posted!

Babylights - how&#8217;d your appointment go? Sounds like things are moving along well!

Hi ladies!

Hope you guys are having a great weekend so far! We have family coming tonight, so naturally I am procrastinating getting the house ready.

Ash-Wow 31 is a lot! My RE didn't even count all my little follicles when we first started (just a guesstimate). I hope those guys grow nice and big for you!

Babylights- what's next for you now?

Amy-I totally know how you feel to have AF to renew your cycle and start fresh. I felt that way every month...like a relief and release, then hope for then next month. When do you find out when you will get started?

I'm doing well right now. I feel pretty normal I think. I don't really have any symptoms, minus an occasional cramp. It's not like an AF cramp, much lighter and quicker. Im not too tired (except in between 2-3pm when I usually have my second cup of coffee...) and honestly wish I could work out. I'm waiting to talk to my doc on tuesday about it. If I can't workout, then I'm not going to be too disappointed. I will have plenty of time after all this. It's weird not going into the clinic every 3 days right now, but I do enjoy not getting up and driving 30 min early in the am...then sitting for 1-2hours. Waiting still continues on this end...:coffee: but I'm okay with it. We are all use to that by now, right?! :dohh::thumbup::cloud9:
-K

Ash - That's a lot! Do your ovaries feel like softballs yet? I don't miss that feeling.

Kk - I'm glad you're doing ok! For what it's worth, you should be fine for most types of exercise at this point. I remember asking about that and the answer was basically "if it feels ok, then do it." But asking your doctor first is a good thing after all you've gone through to get here. &#55357;&#56842;

Still no period here, but apparently my progesterone levels are high. The nurse says she expects me to have a period within the week, which puts me on track for a January 10 transfer. She was confident enough that we went ahead and scheduled the appointments. So, here we go again! I'm probably going to be a nutcase about taking the birth control and then Lupron at the exact same time of day this time... They say that within an hour or two is fine but it's the only thing in my control that might have possibly caused me to have a dominant follicle last time, so let the obsession begin.

Thanks ask!

kk so glad you’re feeling good! I hope you get the clear from your dr. to work out, but like you said, if not you have plenty of time to work out after.

It looks like we’re going to have a Thanksgiving retrieval! It might turn out to be the day before, but I’m hoping to have an extra day for these follies to grow!

Hi everyone, nice (or well, I guess since this is the "assisted reproduction" section, "nice" might not be that fitting) to see a couple of familiar faces. Hi babylights, Steph!

Just read through this topic and I just wanted to send massive congrats to kk2003 for getting that BFP. Sorry Lucy that this wasn't your cycle, it really sucks :(

Good luck to everyone currently cycling. I'll be joining you in a day or 2 when AF starts. DH and I have been trying for our first for about a year but due to some MFI have decided to move on to IVF. We're from the US but are going to Europe for treatment which adds an extra layer of... excitement? Let's call it excitement ;)

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you :)

Welcome Sunny!

Wishing you lots of success with your IVF cycle! Where in Europe will you be traveling?

babylights - any updates to when you're retrieval will be?

sunny - Welcome to the group! Can I ask why you're going to Europe for your treatment and whereabouts?

amy - they do! I'm getting more uncomfortable and noticing the bloat more and more every day that passes. I'm excited though! Good luck with your upcoming cycle. I'm like you and OBSESS about taking my meds at the same time every single day. It's exhausting but it is one thing I have complete control over so I'll take it.

kk - How are you feeling? When I got pregnant I refused to work out for the first trimester because I was just so freaked out about losing the pregnancy. Go you for wanting to work out though!

I am on day 7 of stims. They started me on cetrotide today to keep my follicles growing in sync. My largest is 14mm, smallest is 10.5mm. My doctor thinks my retrieval will be on Sunday, woohoo!

Hi all

I'm feeling pretty good today. Trying to get all this school work completed before the thanksgiving holiday. No symptoms really, minus the more frequent bathroom trips and occasional fatigue. Ultrasounds is tomorrow!

Thanks everyone for the workout advice/encouragement. We will see what they say tomorrow. I have been working on getting more PIO, since there is national wide shortage and I need 1 more vial for the 10 week span. I found a place that will ship to me, so thank goodness for that! They are out in my city completely!

Welcome and good luck SunnyBe!

Ash/babylights- that's exciting about your ER! So soon! I was so ready when mine came around to not feel so full!

Hope all is well! back to the school grind!
K

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"