IVF October/November ???

Hi again ladies!

Babylights, I started stims on Friday too- definite cycle buddies!

Feeling a bit apprehensive about what's to come over the next few weeks, but happy to be getting started. Injecting yourself for the first time is a strange old experience! They've started me on a low dose because I have an insane AMH level (the second highest my clinic have ever seen), hopefully it will do the trick and I won't need to increase.

Thank you all for all the advice you've given me on various threads! :hugs:

lucy - I know I'm behind on responding but I also went crazy in the TWW. I think it's a great idea that you're keeping yourself busy with your sewing machine. I knit and spin yarn so next time I transfer I plan on keeping myself busy with those things. oh yeah and my twins. lol!

kk - I've done PIO shots every single IVF cycle plus FETs and they do hurt when it initially punctures the skin but it's nothing too crazy. Make sure you warm it up before hand (if you have time) and definitely walk/rub the area for a few minutes so that the oil doesn't clump up. Other than that you'll do great!

steph - good luck with your upcoming cycle! Injecting yourself is sort of weird at first but then it becomes easier. You'll do great!

babylights - good luck with your stims! I start on Tuesday, not too far behind you. Do you know why they put you on clomid with stims? Just curious.

AFM - I had my suppression check yesterday and I'm all set to go. U/S looked good, I have 24 antral follicles, and my bloodwork came back great. Wow, I can't believe I'm doing this again.

If I missed anyone sorry! And best of luck to everyone. <3

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the congrats! I appreciate it. We are excited, and having the second beta made me feel a lot better. Sometimes I wish I was one of those people who didn't know they were pregnant, and don't have betas...and just go in 8 weeks and everything is great. haha NOT US! The worrying continues!

Amy-Thanks for those PIO tips! I did most of those last night and shot wasn't bad at all! I made sure to get 25g. Those 22g are huge! I mean I know I'm a nurse and see the regularly, but it looks so terrible when you know it's going right into your butt. My husband did a great job though and it didn't hurt AT ALL. It's a little sore today but just barely. If I didn't know I had the shot, I wouldn't notice the soreness. I warmed under my boob for 15 minutes so I hope that did the trick. :) Looking forward to 40-50 more of those guys!

Babylights-I didn't have really any mood changes from the stims. Just tired toward the end when my levels got really high (like into the 2-3K levels). Clomid--omg that meds is terrible. I had the WORST mood swings. Good luck and i'm glad clomid works for you. Good job on letting go! It feels so good to do that. Just say screw it, lets do this!! Shots? Oh yah I got this. No big deal. :thumbup:

Steph-It does feel weird injecting yourself, but after a couple you get use to it. It still sucks, but it's not as bad. Don't get me wrong though...I'm happy my husband does my IM injections. I don't like looking at that needle going in my skin. It weirds me out a bit.

Ask-Cats were already fighting for my heating pad when I was done using it. I got two, one for them and one more me...but I know who gets both. lol

Good luck ladies! I will keep you updated. Next appointment is Monday. I am hoping these shots boost my progesterone! I'm sure they will! :thumbup::thumbup:

Question...

With IVF, do you have to do progesterone in oil injections or can vaginal suppositories work just as well?? Anyone know the difference. I used vaginal progesterone suppositories after my IUIs... if I can avoid having to do more needles I'd like to.

Hope - my doctors have always told me that pio injections are more effective at getting the progesterone into your system. You could ask for the suppositories but if your progesterone isn’t high enough they’re going to put you on the pio.

Morning ladies!

Quick question, I'm only on day 4 of stims (and I'm on a low dose), but I feel EXHAUSTED. I don't know if this is normal, or if it's too early for it to be down to stims and it's something else altogether! I had a chilled weekend so it's not as if I'm recovering from overdoing it! I'm sat at my desk struggling to keep my eyes open and it's only Monday morning... going to be a fun week!!

Definitely normal! I started feeling the effects around day 4-5 as well. A few days after that my ovaries felt huge and I could feel them with every move. Your body is going through a lot so try to take it easy as much as possible!

Thanks Ash and Amy!! Just got home from retrieval and y’all were totally right. Thanks for the advice! 21 eggs retrieved :)

Steph, i had similar side effects from stimming. I basically just felt like a zombie until today, egg retrieval day. Now I feel like myself! Praise God

Congrats on the 21 eggs, Emily! You are lucky - I was really sick and in excruciating pain after my ER. Didn&#8217;t feel okay again until AF showed up. Ugh. Hopefully I won&#8217;t ever have to go through that again! Keep us updated!

Babyseeker- CONGRATS! That is so great!!! :happydance:

We have good news too! Positive beta at 50 today! (Not as high as yours) We are excited beyond belief that we were able to conceive. It felt like it would never be a reality, honestly. We have a f/u lab on friday, but I'm not stressed at all. Either way we are stoked that we have gotten this far in the process. It's a miracle.

How is the road for everyone else?

Lucy-The TWW is the worst. This time I did EVERYTHING to distract me, and I didn't feel too bad until last night when I thought it was over. I honestly thought I wasn't pregnant and cried most of the day. I don't feel any different and I felt my period was coming this morning. Just little things i noticed that usually happen before AF. But I was wrong....pregnancy. Keep the hope and find something to do! :) It helps I promise.
-KK

Congratulations praying for a happy and healthy 9 months

Baby seeker & kk2003 congrats!!!!! That's amazing!!!! :)

This wait is awful!! I'm only 2 days in and I just can't get away from it, and I'm so tired all the time, will need to make myself stay busy!! Even my dreams are about it and I'm awake 2-3 times a night ! What is going on?? One minute I'm excited and then the next I just want to burst into tears. Am I normal?

Probably the longest TWW ever and now I have another TWW for ultrasound

Steph I have felt exhausted on and off throughout the whole experience ! So I'm sure that's pretty normal,

Blood test on Thursday,
But woke up this morning and I've had some spotting ! :( 8dp 5dt

Lucy-
I don't think that means you are out quite yet! Keep hope up! I have had spotting yesterday and today, and they told me it's implantation spotting. Seems late to me...but I think spotting is a thing sometimes.

Emily-Congrats on your ER! 21 sounds great! Keep us updated on your progress.

I had a blood test yesterday, and my beta is 980! Progesterone also went from 9 to 22, so i'm happy those PIO's are working. It's TOTALLY worth the sore butt. We are super glad about the results. I was a bit worried yesterday morning because I started spotting from brown to pink and then to burgundy. It was enough to wipe but not much on the liner. Spotting is how the last cycle went starting on 5dp5dt, but it was much more. It has almost subsided this morning. The nurse told me on the phone the burgundy color is usually implantation bleeding. It made me feel a lot better.
Hope you all have a great Tuesday!
KK

lucy - a lot of women report spotting before and after a positive pregnancy test so you're definitely not out. It's very likely that it's implantation spotting. Fingers crossed! Is your beta tomorrow?

kk - Yes, anything burgundy/brown is old blood and that's a good thing. I'm glad the PIO is working out for you. Your beta sounds great!

Thanks for the reassurance girls, my beta is the day after tomorrow ! So still a little wait,really wish it was tomorrow!!

Anyone here from the U.K.? We don't call it beta here do we? Any idea if we even get to find out the levels ?

No I'm going to the drs for a blood test, I'm too scared to do a hpt incase its negative. Does that sound crazy?

Lucy,
You aren't crazy! I didn't test ahead of time for that SAME reason. And the day I got my positive, my test looked like it came up negative (I took it right after the phone call). Well i saw it in the trash the next day and it was a faint positive. Hold out if you can, I felt that testing early the previous cycle made me depressed! It would have been negative if I tested too much earlier since my levels were 50.

Yea I guess we call it beta's here. Before this cite, I just called in a qualitative blood test, but everywhere must be different.

KK

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->