IVF on the nhs for same sex couples

The2mums

Reaction score
Awaking this morning and as usual I grab my phone and read the news. I was shocked to read that some people are kicking off because the government is thinking of allowing same sex couples IVF on the nhs. They said that the "life style choice" of same sex couples does not mean that we should get IVF.

Life style choice?????? I like this term - did we choose to be gay? No I believe we are born this way a life style choice is deciding to drink or some not deciding who we fall in love with. Why would we choose to have family and friends hate us or fall out with us (my family are ok and have been since day one) but some people are cast aside.
Why would anyone choose that!!!!!!!

It's annoys me no end!

What are your thoughts?

x

I agree with you! I absolutely HATE it when people say life style choice. Did they choose to be straight? Did they wake up and decide that today they are going to like the same sex? God what idiots. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but that is the most closed minded thing someone could say. It's not a choice and I did not choose to be gay, gay chose me.

I agree. Smoking is a lifestyle choice - living in a bungalow is a lifestyle choice.

Being gay isn't. So, is being black or white a lifestyle choice as well? I have as much control over my skin colour as I do over my sexuality

Doesnt matter what sex you are everyone should be treated equal in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"