IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Hi Disney!! So happy to see you!!!

klik - been thinking of you!! I hope everything went well!

Hey ladies! Been missing all of you. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

klik I'm sure you're super busy right now, but thinking of you & hope all is well! <3

Popping in to say hi to everyone and to see if there are any updates from Klik. I hope everyone is doing well! :hugs:

Hi Disney! I want updates from Klik too!! How are you doing? Work getting any easier?

No real updates here - the boys are doing ok. Developmental-wise, they are awesome and SO MUCH FUN!! Health-wise, HFM just went around at school so they've each had to stay home one day due to getting a fever at school and now they have the bumps. M worse than T, he woke up with quite a few more around his mouth this morning, bottoms of his feet. Still in pretty good spirits, but we'll see how the day goes. Motrin before he left in case he was experiencing pain (I don't know how he couldn't have been bothered by them). T's bumps seem to have been primarily on his thighs and backs of hands and they look to be fading already. I hope M's have peaked and we're on the downslide. Poor bugger.

Dear ladies,

I am so so so so sorry I've taken so darn long to give you an update! I feel terrible, as things could have gone terribly wrong and you'd have been none the wiser... Happily, things have gone swimmingly! Not without bumps, I will add, but Hugo is 12+ weeks old now and he's gorgeous and healthy and ridiculously charming and smiley!

Disney, sadly I also ended up having postpartum haemorrhage, and of course I thought of you, and of Serena Williams, and of how propublica published a study of how the US medical system is really not good at dealing with postpartum haemorrhage, to the extent that it becomes life-threatening (or fatal!) way more often than it should... my ob/gyn told me afterwards that there are processes in place in the UK to prevent that exact sort of thing. He said the key is addressing it early, before the body gets into a state where stopping the bleeding becomes very difficult... In my case, I lost 2.8L (that's about 6 pints) in the few hours after birth, so I had to go into the operating theater and my ob/gyn removed these clots that were preventing the bleed stopping...

During labor (natural, with epidural) there was also this funny thing that happened--I fainted a few times after pushing. I'd come to only a few seconds later, but to me it felt like I'd been asleep for a while, and I kept apologizing and berating myself for falling asleep during labor of all things!

Ok, Hugo needs me--I'll be back soon...

ok, one-handed typing while breastfeeding... the next complication was, I developed mastitis, probably partly due to Hugo's tongue tie. And then he wasn't gaining enough weight, and started having blood in his stool, and that turned out to be cow's milk and soy allergy.

So we've been through some stuff... but on the whole, this is an amazing, hugely rewarding journey! His smiles are utterly heart-meltingly scrumptious! It's all going too darn fast!

How are you all?? And the kids??? Wish, surely HFM is well behind you now?

I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE BACK!! If even just to give updates here and there!! :) I know how drunk you can get on the babies! <3 I'm in pure bliss for you.
I can't wait to see pics! I need to see this smile!
How are you feeling now? I assume fine, 12 weeks out.
When do you return to work? What will you do for daycare?

i'm so sorry you had the hemorrhage - that's what I had too. Thankfully the blood bank was right upstairs - I lost half my blood, I don't know how many pints or liters that is but they were prepared since it was a c-section. DH and the boys were taken out and back to our room while they worked on me. Definitely not the picture we had in our heads of that morning but thankfully everything was ok in another hour or so.

Oh yes, HFM is long gone! Just a couple sniffles and low grade fever right now but all spirits are fine and I have a funny little man trying to learn how to use a tissue :haha: I swear everything they do is adorable. Except fight/hit/bite/have a tantrum. Though Malcolm's wind-up to hit is funny with his little arms. :haha: then they just bop each other on the head, but clearly we intervene. Timothy started biting but we seem to get ahead of that most times and he's backed off of that quite a bit in the last week. And he only seems to bite Malcolm, so that's...good? No other kids, thankfully. Tantrums aren't often either. They are both using 'thank you' and 'please' and I think I even got a 'bless you' from them this morning when I sneezed, but it also sounds like they are mimicking me and saying 'achoo' so I dunno - either way! :cloud9:
Food is still a bit of a struggle at dinner - trying to get them to eat what we eat and when that doesn't work, we default a lot to mac 'n' cheese, grilled cheese, etc. But I'm starting to think Timothy may have a dairy allergy b/c a lot of his stools are very soft and acidic and his eczema just doesn't go away. I kinda want us all to switch anyway b/c I just learned what most dairy farms are all about and how they treat their animals and i'm disgusted. I just need to find some quality replacements. I don't mind almond milk and really only have milk in my coffee, and even then I'm trying to cut back on coffee. So that should be easy. But it'll be stuff like pizza and pasta with cheese that'll be tough.

Congratulations klik!!!!! What a scary experience, I'm sorry you had to go through that but so glad everyone is ok. Ahhh, 12 weeks is prime baby snuggling time. I hope you & little Hugo are doing well and just enjoying this time so, so much. <3

wish- Food is an endless struggle lol

OMG, Wish, half your blood??? Thank goodness they were prepared--terrifying! Did you have to have gauze sticking out of you? I found that super super uncomfortable... fortunately it didn't have to stay in for too long!

The boys sound amazing!!! And tantrums and fights--what can you do? It's all part of life... I can imagine you have to stop yourself from laughing sometimes, though, at their fighting styles!

Ah, such a shame they won't eat what you eat--something must have changed with the generations, no? I ate what my parents ate, but lots of kids from the next generation seem pickier... Hugo loves to watch me eat, so I am hopeful, but who knows???

Re. dairy, I try to only buy stuff from high-welfare providers but yeah, you can't control that when ordering pizza... I think the EU generally has higher animal welfare standards than the US, but of course if we Brexit, I'm sure our dairy farms will become a nightmare...

Scooby, I want news!

From my end, the only thing that's happened recently is, the past two weekends I've eaten out, only to find Hugo having blood in his stool again right after. I've been super careful but I just can't control what happens in restaurant kitchens... So I've decided no longer to eat out (or to take my own food along should it be a social event that I want to participate in). It's quite antisocial but I just can't bear the little guy suffering like that... The supermarket prepared meals I've had haven't had this problem at all, fortunately, so it's not like I can only eat things we cook from scratch!

I'll get around to putting photos on FB, at some point--sorry!

Oh no, poor baby boy!! I wonder what is causing that! I haven't heard of that but I'm sure it's reasonable. Poor little guy and how scary for you to see. And it just goes away after that is out of your system? Hmmmm...

Oh yes, we have to stop ourselves from laughing constantly! The wind-up to open-hand smacking someone on the head by this little 2.5' person is hysterical.

The dairy switchover is pretty dang hard! I actually tried a new-ish (new to him) cream on Timothy's eczema and it went away almost overnight. So I don't think he has an allergy to dairy. One thing that's happening with Malcolm, though, we noticed is that about half of his nailbeds have white on them, like he slammed them in a door. But toes too! We looked it up and it could be a zinc or calcium deficiency. Definitely not calcium, per the aforementioned dairy. So maybe zinc, but how the heck do I get more ZINC into him?? geez. And he eats the same stuff as Timothy, so why wouldn't Timothy's nails be the same? So strange. Going to ask at the next Dr appt.

And yes, I hope Hugo does not become a picky eater!! I hope he follows you right along!

What milestones has he hit yet? Is he starting to teeth? Sit up on his own yet? I'm sure he's doing great, whatever it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->