IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Klik! Yeah I start the antagonist (orgalutran) tomorrow morning. It's just one of the nurses who said something about it that made me stress for probably no reason. He looked at my chart and was just like "you have one that's bigger than the others at 11mm, and we're going to want more than one, so, stay on your meds". So I said yeah of course, and asked if the others were going to catch up, he said they could, but I mean I can't say for sure you know? Everyone is different. But no reason to worry yet". I, being the anxious person I am, stuck in the "yet" and started worrying already. This nurse does have a history though of not always knowing what the right thing to say is, and instead saying stuff that makes you more nervous, so I'm trying to go on that hehe. As for your cyst, I can't remember, is it reoccurring? If so, have they ever offered to drain it? I had cysts both this cycle and last and they just drained then and started the cycle anyways.

Disney we are all thinking of you, and will be here to support you no matter the outcome!

Aster, exciting to be starting the next round! Stay positive Hun! Hoping this is it for ya!

Wish, that's great!! We're close in our cycles which is fun :) good for you for exercising, I stopped that after this whole process started and put on so much weight, I would love to get back into SOMEthing, but am just so uncomfortable. I used to be a runner, would love to start that up again, but will probably just start with walking, as the weather is getting nicer.

Boopin, is your water scan scheduled yet? I'm sure you'll be fine, but definitely take all the drugs they offer to ya, so much of this process is painful and uncomfortable, so whenever there is something to make it easier, I jump on it :)

Hi to everyone else!

Good luck today Disney!!

Amanda - great job on the lining!! That's a weight off your mind I'm sure! So cool that we are on the same cycle. I have a lead too, almost at 11. Not worried about it. Some, if not all, of the others will catch up. Just keep drinking lots of water! I'll update after my scan tomorrow.
Re: exercise - I have to think that some level of exercise would help this 'bipolar-ness' that we are ALL experiencing (great term klik! So accurate!) so I'm not going to stop this time. I like to go for short runs (3mi or so) but if I have to walk it, at least I'm out there. I used to be able to run further but I'm trying to find that happy medium for now. :)

Boopin - good luck on your saline sono!! You'll do great!

Aster - here you go!! Let's get your party started! Haha it is hard to maintain positivity, and I used to be a cheerleader!
I read a quote (that I'm sure we've all seen) the other day that reminded me yet again of what we all need to do: it's not how many times you fall that matters, it's how many times you get back up.
It's tiring and challenging, but we can do it.
:hugs: all!

Amanda - My water sonogram isn't scheduled yet. I'm waiting for AF to show up then I can call to have it scheduled on CD7-12. I'm hoping my menses will start in a timely manner post mc. Fx'd for a May FET.

Drink lots of water to plump your follicles up!! It's important to stay hydrated. Grow follies grow!!

Wish - I love Confucius quotes!! GL at your next scan. xx

Klik - I really hope this cycle isn't a bust for you. Hang in there!!

Hope - Congratulations on being pregnant with a boy!! I'm wishing you a very healthy and happy 9 months.

Aster - How exciting to be getting things started. Don't let the devil still your joy!! I know it's hard, but try to stay positive. A positive approach and outlook will give you a much better outcome. This WILL be the one. You have to believe it, to receive it. Wishing you all the best!!

Thinking of you Disney. You're in my prayers this morning. [-o< [-o< [-o<

adr - We haven't heard from you in a while. I hope all is well. xx

Well ladies, it just wasn't meant to be. :nope: The embryonic sac grew a little, but there's still no baby inside. I'll need a D&C next week to officially end the pregnancy and remove the remnants. I won't know until Monday if the procedure will happen on Tuesday or Wednesday. :cry:

Sorry to hear the bad news Disney. Take all the time you need to process your loss. Please take comfort in knowing your not alone. We're all here to support you. Sending you the BIGGEST :hug: I possibly can!! xxxx

Oh, Disneyfan, I am so sorry for your loss. That is just... too sad for words. Sometimes this journey is just too painful. I'm really, really sorry... :hugs:

Amanda: since you're on an antagonist I think you should be golden. My cyst is "functional", which means it produces hormones, and that wreaks havoc with the rest of my system. Apparently draining doesn't help with that. :shrug: But yeah, please don't pay heed to emotionally clueless nurses. There are no guarantees, but I think your cycle looks so far, so good. :hugs:

Wish: I hope your scan goes well tomorrow... :hugs:

Boopin: FXed for a relatively easy time for you from now on... :hugs:

:hugs: to all...

Disney - I'm so sorry. We were all hoping, as I know you were. Please rest and take care of yourself. We're here for your next step. :hugs:

Thanks, ladies. You are all so wonderful. :hugs:

My doctor indicated that I can expect my period roughly 6 weeks after my D&C. We are taking DD to Disneyland again in May, so I'm thinking we'll do the next transfer sometime after then -- most likely in June. That way, we can enjoy our trip, I can eat whatever I want, and my body can get a little bit of a breather. I can use the emotional break, too. I already asked my doctor about what she will do differently next time. All of my meds will be different next time, and we'll do extra blood work to check for immune factors when I get my saline sonogram.

This journey can really kick you in the butt. I always feel like we're waiting for the other shoe to drop, and this result has left me feeling a little speechless. :dohh: I still plan on hanging around here both to gain and give support. Hopefully we'll all get there in the end. We can really use some good news on this thread, so I'll be here cheering you guys on while I wait for things to get moving again. :hugs:

Disneyfan, I think it's a good thing to take a break... Hopefully it will give you some time and space to heal, body and mind. I'd really love it if you stuck around. I'll be here in June, if that is when your next attempt is, to cheer you on. Til then, I hope your loved ones heap you with kindness, and that you and your DH can comfort each other as much as possible... And, of course, we're here too, commiserating. I'm really sorry... :hugs:

Disney: all I can do is echo the others and say I'm so sorry and I hope you're coping okay. You seem like an incredibly strong woman. I think a break and a visit to Disney will recharge you for the next go. Keep the faith xx

To all the other ladies thanks for your words of strength, it really is helping. We can all do this xx

Disney - you really are a strong one. Enjoy the time off over the next couple months. We will all definitely still be here when you get back! But I'd love it if you stuck around with your cheers as well! :) :hugs:

hello ladies - how is everyone doing?

amanda - how are your follies doing?

I went for a scan yesterday and today. One is totally leading the charge but it needs to start sharing with the others. As of this morning I have a 14, 10, 9, 8 and two that are unmeasurable. I start my antagonist in the morning and don't have to go back until Wed morning. I'm hoping for some big jumps between now and then. I have a feeling I'll be stimming through the end of the week, if not through the weekend. Ugh. Thankfully my RE's office can give me a sample of Gonal-F that's enough for 2 nights, which will get me through Friday night. But beyond that, if we need anymore, I gotta make the purchase. I hope I don't have to stim too much beyond 12 days! Come on Follies!

Come on you little follies. Wish and Amanda you both seem to have some keen and less keen follies! Hope they all snap into action for the next scan!

:hugs: to you Disney xo It's never easy and there really aren't any comforting words. Time heals best. I hope you can enjoy your little getaway and come back refreshed to try again!

Wish: I hope the antagonist helps give the other follies a chance to catch up! I also hope you don't have to take too much more of these crazy expensive meds... (Also, I did not comment on this: I love that you were a cheerleader!)

Hope & Asterimou: hi!

I... am about to do this crazy thing, I think, which is cancel my meetings tomorrow and take the plane back to London (I'm in Geneva) to actually try and USE this cycle that was meant to be a write-off. I guess that's the advantage of a natural cycle IVF: no meds means it's actually possible to start late. My theory is, my cyst has lost its mojo and therefore the other follies are belatedly developing. One went from 9mm to 12mm in 2 days, which is right on target for a natural cycle. RE says it's not an ideal cycle, but sometimes good things come from unauspicious beginnings. I have had SO many cancellations, though, that I just want to go for it, you know? Still have to talk to DP... Who knows, maybe the added drama will help with the outcome! :haha:

I say go with your instincts klik!! FX'd this unauspicious beginning will be your LUCKY cycle after all!! :happydance:

I agree klik! Go with instincts!

My scan is tomorrow morning, so I'll get to see how the follies are doing. I started my antagonist yesterday, so hoping the others have caught up. I'm taking Gonal-F too wish, and am on 300iu a day, so roughly $300 a day. It's crazy! Are you on anything else? I'm taking luveris with it as well, in fact it comes free with the gonal-f here.

Wish - :dust: that you can be done stimming by Friday. That's awesome that your doctor's office could give you Gonal-f samples. I hope it's just enough so that you don't have to buy any more.

Klik - Good luck! :thumbup:

AFM, my D&C has been booked for noon on Wednesday. So -- no eating or drinking anything from midnight tomorrow night until after the procedure is over. Seems like a long time, but I'm guessing I won't be very hungry anyway. At least insurance will be required to help pay for this since it's not a fertility procedure. I'm close to hitting my out of pocket max for the year already. I'm sure this will put me over the top. :dohh: Truth be told, I was sort of hoping it would be done on Tuesday. I just want to get it over with and not have to think about it anymore. Plus, I have to keep doing the nightly progesterone shots until it's over. I try not to think about the fact that I would have only had 2.5 more weeks of shots and I'd be done with them for good. I hate PIO and am dreading returning to square 1. Oh, and to top it off, I've been queasy (MS) all weekend and lost part of my dinner last night. My doctor says the pregnancy symptoms will go away after the procedure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->