IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

sava - good luck tomorrow!! checking things off the list feels so good!! I've always wondered - how did you and your wife decide who would carry? Do you have to decide whose eggs to use? Would be kinda cool for one to carry and the other to provide the eggs, so everyone is involved! :) weird things happen when my mind wanders...:haha:

We actually used to talk about doing something like that! buuuut that was back in the day where we thought I'd get pregnant super easily/quickly and didn't want to go through the whole egg retrieval process when you can "just do it from home". lol hindsight.

We decided I would carry for two main reasons: 1. She's never wanted to be pregnant. For no particular reason - it's just never been something she's had any desire to do. (she does want a child - just not the pregnancy part) I, on the other hand, always have. 2. She was in an accident when she was younger that left her with a fairly significant back injury. She's fine in day-to-day life, but the physical toll of being pregnant would likely render her bed-ridden for a good majority of the pregnancy.

But mostly the reasoning was that she just didn't want to. Once we realized I don't get pregnant easily we had a conversation about whether she should start trying, but, at the end of the day, we decided not to. Soooooo c'mon body! Let's work some magic!

Wish - GL at your scan next week!! :dust:

Can you upload your chili recipe(s)?? I'd love to try them. Comfort food, yum!! :lol:

Sava - I hope your "special package" arrives safely to the clinic today. Exciting times ahead!! :happydance:

Boopin: that's excellent advice, thanks! :hugs: I'll try to enjoy it while I can. The truth is, so far so good!

Sava: yes, I can't wait til tomorrow! I'm hoping we both get great news! :dust: Oh, hey, I have a friend who's trying to have a second baby with her DW, but this second time it doesn't seem as easy as just a couple of IUIs... It's been a somewhat similar deal, where one of them is a lot more into the whole idea of pregnancy (no physical restrictions in that case, though). But because the other is the younger one, they are now considering reciprocal IVF, which is exactly what Wish suggested--eggs from one partner, pregnancy in the other. I think it's a really neat idea--but it does involve the "egg" partner being ok with being poked and prodded and injected and all that, before the "pregnancy" partner takes over...

Amanda: thanks for the info! :hugs: It really helps to know these are not unusual symptoms!

Wish: thanks! You're in my thoughts, definitely, with the implantations that didn't get very far... Life is so cruel sometimes... :hugs: Makes it kind of hard to be hopeful. I've been looking at the stats for Cornell on live births and healthy-singleton live births per clinical pregnancy at my age (fresh eggs) and... well, they're not so great. I really am protecting myself from overoptimism this time... But I'll worry about that if/when I get to that "clinical pregnancy" stage. I'm really glad you've mostly eliminated the age factor from your attempts... I'm very hopeful for you now! :dust:

I do really like the idea of using a partner's egg as a donor egg - there's definitely a lot of romanticism to that! It just hasn't (so far) made sense for us. I'm not even sure how that would work with insurance coverage, either. Although, if it came to light that my eggs were of poor quality, I'm sure that's something we'd at least consider and likely explore.

Sava: Romanticism, yes! And insurance, a decidedly unromantic factor, must indeed complicate things--I've no idea how that would work, actually--my friends are in Europe too, and it's all OOP for them... But hey, I hope you never even have to think about this, that your appointment tomorrow goes beautifully, and that this process just runs incredibly smoothly for you! :dust:

No time to really check in, but I saw Klik's news and wanted to say that I'm sending super positive vibes your way for your next beta!!! So exciting!!

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

And a picture from the hotel for good luck

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 7
Oh Klik, I am also teary eyed in happiness for you. It feels like this is it. I'm just holding out for Thursday. I'm in the US at the mo so same time zone as everyone else. Can't wait for the update.

thank you for sharing, sava! I was thinking about my questions last night and hoped they weren't too personal. I seem to have lost my reservation on this website now! HA!
I hope you don't even have to go down the road of your eggs being poor quality or whatnot either. Safe landings for the package and let's get your show on the road!

klik - (not so) patiently waiting for your update!! fingers are so crossed, legs crossed, hair is messy so that's crossed...
I toooooootally understand where your head is, though. I'm with you, friend. We will hold up the brunt of hope for you and will be here if anything other than that is necessary. :hugs:

disney - did I forget to ask you to pack me in your suitcase so I could come along?? dang it...

scoob - how are you doing?

amanda - when is your first appt with your 'regular' doctor? I'm sorry if you said that already.

boopin - hi cycle buddy! :wave:

oh no worries at all, wish - I have no reservations when it comes to this forum. I mean, this is where we go to talk about the most detailed and private parts of our lives. Not too personal at all! I'm happy to open up and get to know everyone a bit more! :flower:

And I agree - I keep checking in for Klik updates! Hoping the delay means good things!

Sorry about the delay, gals--I got the call while I was in the tube, and was super-gutted to find I had a missed call. The nurse was nice enough to leave a voicemail, though, so...

Beta is 123.3! I'm in total disbelief! That is a good rate of increase. I'm starting to believe this will work now!

Right, individual replies coming...

Disneyfan: That is a scrumptious picture--thanks for sharing! It seems to have brought luck so far, thanks! :winkwink:

Asterimou: I soooo hope you're right... starting to believe it may actually be possible now! [-o< Do you have to do any prepping for November?

Sava: so true! This is where we are free to tell all--all the wild hopes, disappointments, details... Do tell us how your appointment goes today! :hugs:

Wish: thanks for all the crossings! :haha: How are you doing on Lupron? I did not enjoy buserelin, which is our equivalent here on this side of the pond... Hope it's treating you better, though! :hugs:

YEEESSSSSS! That's the best news! I'm so happy for you!! CONGRATS!

YAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! OMG Klik I'm so freaking happy!! It practically tripled in 2 days! That's an amazing doubling rate! What happens now? Will they do more bloods? Or schedule a scan? How are you feeling? Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! So happy!

Sava: thanks! Good luck today... :dust:

Amanda: Thanks! :hugs: I was instructed on Tuesday to schedule a scan for late next week, so I've got one scheduled for next Friday. I think Cornell needs hard "clinical pregnancy" numbers for their stats... As for bloods, I hope I do some between now and then, because my progesterone levels keep falling despite nightly 50mg PIO, and I'm starting to worry my body's just going to tear down the lining as if the little embryo's life was not dependent on it! :dohh:

Can you increase PIO? I take double that a day. Now until next Friday is going to seem like forever, but hang in there!!!!!!

Boopin: thanks! :hugs: I really hope it lasts, and hope to see healthy betas from you soon! :dust:

Amanda: apparently they're really not concerned about progesterone trends (up or down), but just levels... they want it above 15 (US units, whatever those are) and I'm at 23. I guess that's enough to guarantee the lining will be maintained. I asked if I should do another set of bloods and they said Monday would be good, so that's actually my next appointment, to hold me over til next Friday! :wacko: I'm not sure why they start the PIO shots so low--I guess it's enough for most women? When are you done with your shots?!

That's great Klik! Well if the levels are where they're supposed to be that's all that matters :) I get to stop injections in 9 days. Anxious for that, I've long since run out of non knotted areas, so hurts quite a bit these days.

Wow Klik, I'm beside myself.....you did it:happydance: I've just got a few weeks and then on the buserelin. I so hope we are all about to follow this trend! Just soooooooo happy for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->