IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

lol Klik - there is NO WAY I'd be able to hold out until tomorrow afternoon, if I were you. I agree, holding off on early testing is best - but for me, once you break the seal there's no going back. haha.

Klik: you are not allowed to talk about drugs for the next cycle! There might not be another cycle! ! And you can totally get next day delivery. I have researched this a lot but am not sharing unless you really need the info. I'm hoping not xx

Amanda: I'm with Wish and am insisting you stay. It just makes me so happy to follow your pregnancy as I know how much it means to you and it gives me so much hope xx

I'm still catching up so hi to everyone else and I'll do a longer post soon xx

Oh Klik, I completely understand! If OTD is tomorrow, maybe wait? At the same time, I've heard first response is more sensitive than clear blue......gah, I've got absolutely everything crossed for you!!!!!!!! Whatever you decide to do tomorrow, don't think about meds until you absolutely have to. We're here for you either way though tomorrow!! :dust:

Sava: of course, as you predicted, I couldn't wait and tested this morning! :haha:

Asterimou: you totally cracked me up! :haha: It will be so nice if there doesn't have to be another cycle... But yeah, I may be asking you for that next-day delivery advice any day now! Hopefully not, though... Cool that you've done loads of research and are super-prepared! :thumbup:

Amanda: I've run out of HPTs now, so am in the hands of the pros from now on. Thinking of you for today's scan! :dust:

So yes, the "pregnancy" line on the FRER was clearly there, though extremely faint, and unlike in yesterday's test, can actually be called a line--no high-intensity torch needed. (The nurse asked if I'd tested at home and I sheepishly said, "yes." It was cute. She said it's still super-early, so faint makes sense.) Beta today will pretty definitely be positive, but not ready to celebrate yet. I think I'll be instructed to test again on Thursday, and if beta has quadrupled by then I'll start to believe that maybe, just maybe, this might work... [-o<

I understand your hesitation - but a positive beta today is a HUGE step! So exciting! Now to sit around and count the hours (minutes..seconds..) until Thursday. :) :coffee:

OMG, klik!!! I'll be looking back all day to see when your test results are back! I hope they are high enough to feel comfortable. holy cow!!

sava - so glad things were all clear for you!

ohhhhh, exciting times! I just love them!

Omg Klik!!!! I'm so anxious to hear your blood test results! I also totally know what it's like to wait and see if they numbers double, and no how stressful that is. It's next to impossible, but try to relax and just enjoy the positive test for now. A positive test means you are pregnant, at least for today, and that's at least a step in the right direction. I really hope your beta comes back with a good number!! I'm soooo hoping for you my dear!!!!

My scan went well this morning, officially graduated from the fertility clinic. The only thing was they saw a couple small subchorionic hematomas, which are apparently common after IVF as well as a vanishing twin, but she did say to take it easy, and no lifting because there's a risk of m/c. I'm trying not to worry TOO much, as she didn't seem too worried herself, but worrying is what I'm good at.

Sava: thanks! Yes, I think it might be difficult to sleep for the next two nights... :wacko: But I'll try!

Wish: Thanks! :hugs: Results below...

Amanda: I know, you've gone through this beta torture so many times... I'm so glad you're in "scan"-land, rather than "beta"-land! Really happy your scan went well this morning--I can't believe you've graduated from your fertility clinic! Wow! Do you have an ob/gyn yet? I'm sorry about the hematomas, and especially about the vanishing twin--it is sad--but wow, that strong little bean is really sticking with you! It's so wonderful!!! :cloud9:

Right, results: beta is 42.8. Clinic said on average they'd expect something like 50 by now, but I'm still within range. It would have been fabulous to have a nice high number (not too high, though--one at a time is probably as much as I can handle!) but for now I'll have to content myself with a definitely-maybe. I have another blood test on Thursday, as expected... but I've done an internet search and quadrupling is expecting way too much of the little bean--at this stage beta should apparently be doubling every 2-3 days, so if we go up to, like, 72 by Thursday, I guess we're still in the game... [-o< I'm just trying to remind myself: it's pUPO!!!

It IS pupo! Congratulations!! I know you're still in maybe land but you are FIRMLY in maybe... and hey - that's not a bad place to be! Crossing my fingers for Thursday!

I'll be back later for a proper reply but I just wanted to say congrats to klik on your BFP and congrats to Amanda on graduating from your fertility clinic!!! I'm so excited for both of you!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Sava and Scooby: I'm hoping what has happened is, you've brought some luck to the thread! :winkwink:

yay klik!!! maybes are alright!!! I can't wait for tomorrow. You must be going out of your mind. I would be. Hang in there, tightly, and we'll see what tomorrow brings!!

amanda - congrats on the graduation!! that's wonderful!! how far along are you now? yes, please take care of yourself - i'm very sorry about the vanishing twin and hematomas as well. Are they able to heal or will you have them throughout the pregnancy?

I hope everyone else is well!

Wish, I'm 10+3. Although I would have loved twins, im totally ok with the vanishing twin, just happy for the one bun. The tech said the hematomas should clear by 12 weeks if I take it easy, I'm probably making more of a deal about it than I should, but that's what I do.

Klik, I'm actually selfishly happy you're overseas so we don't have to wait until OUR afternoon to hear tomorrow lol. Did you test again to see if the line's darker? Or just waiting for the blood test?

:yipee: klik, I'm wishing you a
healthy & happy 9 months!
100883.jpg

Wish: yes! I think I've gotten 10 minutes' worth of work done today... :headspin:

Amanda: cool that the hematomas should clear up! Do take it easy, then--you've not taken on any work, right? :hugs: lol, thanks for sharing in the suspense! I wish I could know in the morning, too... I am back on the wagon with HPTs--I've run out of them, and am being very good at not buying new ones. All I want is numbers now! :haha:

Boopin: You are soooooo sweet, and I so hope you are right about this... :hugs: I've let a little bit of hope in, but not too much, yet...

I had some menstrual-like cramps over the weekend, before that first HPT... Part of the reason why I was fairly sure it would be negative. Yesterday the cramps were back, and there was the tiniest bit of spotting. It was a little scary, but I've heard this is fairly usual for early pregnancy... Still, it adds to this feeling of, "it couldn't have actually worked, could it?!"

klik - It's totally understandable to be guarded and even in disbelief, considering everything you've been through to get to this point. Try and embrace every moment of your pregnancy while you're in it. It serves you and your little bean no good to be in a negative space. I know it's easier said than done, but it's true. I'm coming from a sincere and loving place when I tell you this. :hugs: I'm so happy for you! When I read your post this morning I got teary eyed and my heart filled with joy. You have your BFP! :happydance:

I think the cramping and spotting is your embie implanting into your uterine lining. Completely normal to see spotting early on. Sending you buckets of baby dust for tomorrow's beta! :dust::dust::dust:

amanda - Congrats on graduating from your fertility clinic. That's a huge milestone. Yayy!! :dance:

Sava and Scooby: I'm hoping what has happened is, you've brought some luck to the thread! :winkwink:

Here's hoping!

Oy, I can only imagine how nerve wracking today must be for you. I hope hope hope tomorrow brings a nice big number so breathe a momentary sigh of relief. I want to be able to wish you massive congrats tomorrow!

I also can't wait until tomorrow - I'm fairly sure I know what the appointment will bring, but I'd look forward to checking it off the list so we can be one step closer to next cycle. We ordered our sperm and it should be arriving at the clinic sometime today.

Klik, don't let he cramping get to you, I cramped pretty regularly up until about 6 1/2 weeks I think. Sometimes pretty bad.

Sava that's great that the sperm is on the way!!

Thanks Boopin :hug:

i think cramping is good!! implantation, nestling in, and your uterus starting to expand!! Given all that, a little spotting is expected! :dust: :dust: :dust:

and GREAT point amanda - we don't have to wait all day!
I'm glad you're doing well, too - I hear what you're saying. I had found out that both of mine implanted initially too, but they hadn't found it until later. It didn't develop into much of anything.

sava - good luck tomorrow!! checking things off the list feels so good!! I've always wondered - how did you and your wife decide who would carry? Do you have to decide whose eggs to use? Would be kinda cool for one to carry and the other to provide the eggs, so everyone is involved! :) weird things happen when my mind wanders...:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->