IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i think male factor is actually smaller chance, or at least the rates on sart website for male only are lower overall.. we are male factor also. my uterine abnormality has no effect on my fertility..i ovulate monthly, fsh, amh perfect.

sounds like you are getting close. the follicles grow 2-3 mm per day so in 3-5 days i imagine you would trigger.

You have a better chance I believe with male factor if they do icsi, since doing icsi pretty much eliminated any issue you had. Not sure why that site says otherwise mobaby unless they're not counting it with icsi but rather just conventional ivf.

I imagined it was a greater chance with ICSI. hmmm...I think I might google this one. lol

I would think greater also.. Idk for sure though...makes sense w/icsi vs regular ivf. I've just seen the male factor stats be lower. My dr still gave us a good chance even w/ male factor.

jenn- i think that is garbage that most moms know. i had FAR more symptoms the months i did iui than the month i did ivf. i was more tired after ivf but i also was getting a lot more progesterone.

kelly-congrats

angels- that sounds weird

andrea- would you be willing to reduce if you had super multiples? ie greater than 2? if not... it is probably not a great idea. perhaps just bd and not trigger

oneof- sorry i didnt get to see you guys/give a tour. glad you enjoyed

jen- congrats on being pupo. my mom has kept the embryo pics etc in a "grandkids" folder. too cute. i tests at 6dp5dt and it was super faint

Thanks squid! San Fran so reminds me of NY in so many ways. We enjoyed the workouts during the walks, lol! We went to the Giants/dodgers game and of course Alcatraz! We had a great time.

How are you feeling? Love the newest pic!

oneof- alcatraz is amazing. starting with the boat ride etc. i dunno if they still do it but lots of former prisoners used to give tours etc. also managed to be there once when they were doing a reunion of kids who grew up on the island (guards kids). it was pretty cool. i know one of the former prisoners died a few years ago of throat cancer , it is just weird cause you expect people held at somewhere like alcatraz to be lifers. yeah such a fab walking city and our weather has been pretty nice which is good. and weather is always good (and hot) in napa. i used to live right near golden gate park right off of haight street but now i live on the other side of the bridge (where it is warmer) and thanks =)

Kelly, I'm so glad your scan went well. Did you get a pic? Any more gall bladder pain?

Jenn, congrats on being pupo! Your blasts look great - it is really interesting how different they are. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Never, you're getting so close! I hope your baseline appt goes well.

Good luck to the ladies who have betas this week!!

AFM, nothing to report. AF is still lingering but I think it will be gone soon. Does anyone have an idea how long it takes for your lining to build back up? I'm on 2mg estrace 2x day and I go in for a lining check this Thursday. I had a killer headache today - don't know if that was the estrace or the fact that I had to go back to work (I'm a teacher and school starts Thurs).

Hope everyone's week got off to a good start!

oneof- alcatraz is amazing. starting with the boat ride etc. i dunno if they still do it but lots of former prisoners used to give tours etc. also managed to be there once when they were doing a reunion of kids who grew up on the island (guards kids). it was pretty cool. i know one of the former prisoners died a few years ago of throat cancer , it is just weird cause you expect people held at somewhere like alcatraz to be lifers. yeah such a fab walking city and our weather has been pretty nice which is good. and weather is always good (and hot) in napa. i used to live right near golden gate park right off of haight street but now i live on the other side of the bridge (where it is warmer) and thanks =)

Yes, Alcatraz is so amazing and no unfortunately the former prisioners didn't give a tour although that would be awesome! From what I understand the prisioners were treated pretty good. You live in such a scenic city. NY is great but totally different scenery. Oh, we also went to the redwood forest, which I really did enjoy (which I totally thought I wouldn't) and drove through Salsalito. All and all great time!

No pic and pain had gone, hoping it doesn't come back. My throat is starting to itch and hurt though and my son has a runny nose with green snot so looks like we're getting sick. Being sick while preggo is the worst, everything hangs around that much longer.

Az I think it takes about 10-14 days depending.

Wow, there's been a lot of chat on here in the last 24hours!

Bubu - really hope your twinges are a good sign! Good luck tomor! Can't believe it's come around so quickly! (well, for me it has - I'm sure the 2ww has crawled past for you!:haha:)

Michelle - hope af arrives soon! And yay for migraines being gone:thumbup:

Andrea - I'm so sorry you've had this disappointment :hugs: Regarding the trigger I think I wouldn't use it just in case but I would definitely bd:winkwink: Good luck with your decision.

Almost - welcome! :hi: Good luck with your appointment tomor. We also have male problems (low numbers in all areas). Last time we were in the FS nurse told us that once the sperm is injected into the eggs through ICSI then that's the male problem overcome:thumbup: There actually seems to be quite a lot of us on here with male factor... We've had a lot of bfps here so you've joined a very lucky thread:haha: Fx'd for you!

Jenn - congrats on being PUPO!!:happydance: Delighted you were able to put two back and love the pics! Now sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of the 2ww!:haha:

Kelly - fantastic news on your can and beta! So thrilled for you! Hope your sons cold passes you by....

OneOf - sounds like you had a lovely relaxing holiday. It's great to get away from ttc for a while. Sending you loads of dust for this cycle :dust:

lr211 - welcome! :hi: I'm so sorry your last ivf didn't work :hugs: Fx'd this one will bring a lovely bfp! These forums have been a godsend for me. It's great to feel you have so much support behind you. I've told a few friends and family members what's going on too and we talk about it a lot but it's fantastic to share it with others who are going through the exact same thing. Be warned though - its very addictive!!! I have to limit myself to just checking in once a day otherwise I'd be on here 24/7!:blush: Sending you loads of :dust:

Never - yipee for stopping bcp! Good luck on Friday. It's good to be optimistic, stay that way!!:thumbup:

Wow, there's been a lot of chat on here in the last 24hours!

Bubu - really hope your twinges are a good sign! Good luck tomor! Can't believe it's come around so quickly! (well, for me it has - I'm sure the 2ww has crawled past for you!:haha:)

Hi GettingBroody :) :wave: ... so do I :)
Well - blood has been taken - now just to wait for a couple of hours until the results are in the Portal... I guess, because they do the first blood test at 6dp5dt, the wait is not thaaat long - it has gone by very quickly for me too. I am just hoping that the results are positive. Spent the whole drive to the clinic sending out "wishes to the Galaxy" :) But apart from that, I have tried not to obsess at all since the transfer (not like last month) and have been quite calm. Funny - totally different attitude! Just the waking up reaaally early yesterday and today (around 5 am) has been weird!

:dust::dust::dust:

Well - doesn't look good, unfortunately! Last month, my results at blood test 1 were 4,90. Today, they are 0,10! Practically non HCG existant. I have to go for another blood test Friday morning, but I am not very hopeful that something will happen between today and Friday :( So much for my birthday gift :(

Hi ladies, I haven't been on this thread for a while but just thought I would update you all.
Yesterday I had EC and we only got 2 eggs but both have fertilized and I am due transfer on Thursday.
I am just keeping my fingers crossed that they are good quality. xx

Welcome, Irish_eyes! :wave: Well done on getting this far and good luck for their development and a good transfer on Thursday :hugs:

Bubu :( soo sorry!!! You have 3 more frosties right?

Irish welcome! So glad the 2 you got fertilized! Gl with transfer!

Thanks MoBaby! Yes, we still have the last three :cold: ... kinda relieved that we decided to thaw only three this round now! ...

Oh bubu I am so sorry!!! Sometimes this whole IVF thing is a process. The odds are going to kick in very soon for you :) xoxo

Thanks, jchic :hugs:. I do have to go back on Friday morning for another blood test - they say that there is still a slim chance. Today was 6dp5dt ... As I say, I am not very hopeful, but it's not all over this month, until we get a negative on Friday ... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back